Griva

Clan flags / emblems form

• You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

Best option for implementation of clan insignia    26 members have voted

1. 1. Best option for implementation of clan insignia (read post first, later vote)

• 1. Clan flag instead of nation flag
    • 2. Clan flag as normal commemorative flag
    • 3. Ship emblem
    • 4. Clan flag as the third flag
    • 5. Clan camo
    • 6. Other

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Question

As everyone know we need and want some kind of clan insignia.

I seen somewhere in old Q&A that:

1. When the clans will be implemented, with the flags from the ship nationality and the commemorative ones, will we be able to have also one with the clans emblems ? A bit like in WoT and the clan emblem on the front of the tank.
We are aware of the popularity of showing Clan insignia, no worries. When Clans come, we will try to include a way how to show Clan symbols as well

@MrConway @Kandly

First part - question to developers:

Clans came and we still didn't get any clan insignia so.. when we can get it? but more importantly and this is my question: In what form we can expect to see it?

What do you think about idea to create building in naval base for clan flag? Also maybe it would be nice option to add some small bonuses for this flag?

Second part - poll for players:

I want to show you some examples how I see it and I want to know what is the best in your option - simply how do you imagine clan insignia. All options decribed here are in poll above

1. Clan flag instead of nation flag

This is the best option in my opinion - visually and technically.

Clan can set the flag in clan options (where description and tag) and if set, all nation flags are changed to clan flag.

5nV9Ix6.jpg

Optionaly there can be option in game that you can disable clan flags in you client but still everyone else can see your clan flag.

2. Clan flag as normal commemorative flag

This is interesting option and technicaly probably the easiest solution but it makes some problems.

Some flags like "Ranked league" flag gives some bonuses so by using clan flag we have to give up any potential bonuses and all other flags we have.

Interesting solution would be adding some bonuses to this flag, for example there can be building in naval base

XoELX2J.jpg

And building it gives us clan flag for all members but to make it more interesting this flag could give us some some small bonuses like additional +2% more credits / exp / free exp or any other combat bonus.

3. Ship emblem

This solution probably need way more work and actually it's not as nice as flag

In very short we get emblem on our ship - very the same like in world of tanks.

nGXQWKg.jpg

4. Clan flag as the third flag

This solution need some work but it's simple. Instead of change current flags, just add 3th slot for clan flag.

Still there is one problem - not all ships has place for 3th flag probably and to be honest 3 flags at the same place don't looks so cool imo (it's more messy)

HjdQ3RD.jpg

5. Clan camo

This is very problematic in many ways and I think I am going to create separated thread about this feature becuase it's nice option but very hard to implement as clan insignia for many reasons.

We would pick how ship camo looks and that would be our "clan sign". Big problem for camo is economy. Camos gives us bonuses but we pay for it... this means we can't create perm free camo like this.

If you have any other ideas - share it with us :cap_like:

Also would be nice if you like/upvote this question for greater reach

2 people like this

10 answers to this question

On your picture of the Texas you see the gaff in the aft just beneeth the antennas rhats where she was flying colours at sea. Usually when ship is in a foreign port she flies flags as follows:

Main mast starboard side all way out : visiting country's national flag.

Under way with pilot in foreign waters : as above with pilot flag on port side, 

Also on main mast she flies the comander's standart, atleast in Norwegian navy, the lengt and size ahows comanders rank,

She will if there is an admiral onboard fly the admirals flag.

All other haleyards ar used for various signalflags, including her callsign.

I'm generally in favor of making nation flags interchangeable - an extra "exterior" tab where you get your ship's nation for free but can also buy (for gold permanently or for credits for the next battle) other nations' (naval) flags - including some for nations that are not nor ever will be in the game (I'm sure many players would appreciate the option to fly their own national flag even if their country literally never had any navy).

This would be also a good place for the clan flag.

I see most ship models have in their afts the nation flag pole which is empty... No flag on it (where is should ussually be,not on the top mast). If you look at modern ships and ships in general, the flag of the country in which the ship is registered is placed on the aft-most mast which is not necessary the highest place on the ship. It can be a separate smaller flagpost placed on the weather-deck in the aft or on the poop-deck.

My suggestion is either use the flagpole in ships aft to hoist the nation flag and on the topmast put the clan flag, or vice-versa.

Hope this helps!

On 02.10.2017 at 7:12 PM, Griva said:

2. Clan flag as normal commemorative flag

This is interesting option and technicaly probably the easiest solution but it makes some problems.

Some flags like "Ranked league" flag gives some bonuses so by using clan flag we have to give up any potential bonuses and all other flags we have.

Interesting solution would be adding some bonuses to this flag, for example there can be building in naval base

XoELX2J.jpg

And building it gives us clan flag for all members but to make it more interesting this flag could give us some some small bonuses like additional +2% more credits / exp / free exp or any other combat bonus.

I fully support this!!

18 hours ago, Schumy90 said:

I see most ship models have in their afts the nation flag pole which is empty... No flag on it (where is should ussually be,not on the top mast). If you look at modern ships and ships in general, the flag of the country in which the ship is registered is placed on the aft-most mast which is not necessary the highest place on the ship. It can be a separate smaller flagpost placed on the weather-deck in the aft or on the poop-deck.

My suggestion is either use the flagpole in ships aft to hoist the nation flag and on the topmast put the clan flag, or vice-versa.

Hope this helps!

The reason why tha aft tlagpost is empty is that on a navy ship you carry the naval flag in the mast while underway, when the ship go alongside the flag is transfered to aft flagpost. So in this WG got it correct as we are never alongside :) but i would like to have a clanflag in the aft flagpost but then they will have to do some editing on the shipmodel. and if we check out how many ships there is in game atm it will be a lot of work in reprogramming.

16 hours ago, Helgey said:

The reason why tha aft tlagpost is empty is that on a navy ship you carry the naval flag in the mast while underway, when the ship go alongside the flag is transfered to aft flagpost. So in this WG got it correct as we are never alongside :) but i would like to have a clanflag in the aft flagpost but then they will have to do some editing on the shipmodel. and if we check out how many ships there is in game atm it will be a lot of work in reprogramming.

Sorry my mistake then! 

I work as a merchant seafarer and that's where the idea came from:Smile_teethhappy:

5 hours ago, Schumy90 said:

Sorry my mistake then! 

I work as a merchant seafarer and that's where the idea came from:Smile_teethhappy:

By chance so am i, was at sea for 40 years, incl 2 years in the navy.

1 person likes this

Happy to see a fellow seafarer sailing on forum :cap_win: 

Anyway back on subject, i did a quick check on ship models, and there's not that much of work to be honest! Almost all models have their flagpost, only issue i found was on the Texas and the Graf Spee. Indeed they were missing their flagpole, although the Graf Spee indded has a flagpole on the aftmost rangefinder (that already has the Reich flag on it). Sooo if you think about it, Graf Spee can be excluded, leaving the Texas. She need's to be added the aft flagpole. I don't know if the model ingame is accurate to "modern" times or accurate to WW2 era. I see the "modern" museum ship does really have her flagpole in her aft, although ingame it doesn't.

maxresdefault.thumb.jpg.ea3418a33581ce425370fcf2ae379765.jpg

8 hours ago, Helgey said:

On your picture of the Texas you see the gaff in the aft just beneeth the antennas rhats where she was flying colours at sea. Usually when ship is in a foreign port she flies flags as follows:

Main mast starboard side all way out : visiting country's national flag.

Under way with pilot in foreign waters : as above with pilot flag on port side, 

Also on main mast she flies the comander's standart, atleast in Norwegian navy, the lengt and size ahows comanders rank,

She will if there is an admiral onboard fly the admirals flag.

All other haleyards ar used for various signalflags, including her callsign.

Just as curiosity. Besides standard military and pilot colors, military ships don't need to fly Quebec and Bravo when entering foreign ports? Bravo i know is for dangerous cargo, does it also include ammunition on board?

this is not really a question for Q+A, more question towards your fellow captains - such poll might be better off int he Gameplay discussion (more people will see it there).

We are working on various Clan features incl. flags / emblems - while it is too early to share anything yet, I shall definitely pass the suggestions contained here along.:Smile_honoring:

4 people like this