Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Butterdoll

What's wrong with this picture?

23 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[L4GG]
Players
1,436 posts
5,781 battles

~yeah, I know name telling it's against the rules but bear with me, pls.

 

What's wrong with this picture?

 

Here's a guy in a dd that was in the same flank as I, he actively held that flank by doing an outstanding job by supporting his teammates (not just me), he smoked me when I had a broken helm, he smoked a mutsuki to extend the duration of smoke, area denial, etc.

and I thought that would put him in an higher position than this one.

After I was sunk I followed him and he kept doing his thing.

I don't know if he's a newbie or a seal clubber and I don't care.

It was a pleasure to see him play and to be on his team  I only think he deserved more than what he got.

 

How the reward system works?

w.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

The thing is that some teamplay actions (like smoking, spotting is an exception) are not taken into consideration as far as rewards go, probably because WG has no means to reliably determine teamplay, let alone the intention. As far as I know smoking team mates doesn't give anything or at least not a significant amount, because a neutral program can't determine if you have layed your smoke screen just for you and a team mate happened to "accidentally" use it or if you tried to screen your whole fleet. If you just give exp and credits for every smoke screen which was entered by allies, you will have people abusing it by smoking the entire fleet at the start of the match without any use or divisions where members will smoke each other the whole game stacking up profit in the process.

So unless WG finds a reliable way to reward teamplay (although winning the battle might give the biggest reward) I doubt they will implement anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
1,381 posts
12,682 battles
14 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

~yeah, I know name telling it's against the rules but bear with me, pls.

 

What's wrong with this picture?

 

Here's a guy in a dd that was in the same flank as I, he actively held that flank by doing an outstanding job by supporting his teammates (not just me), he smoked me when I had a broken helm, he smoked a mutsuki to extend the duration of smoke, area denial, etc.

and I thought that would put him in an higher position than this one.

After I was sunk I followed him and he kept doing his thing.

I don't know if he's a newbie or a seal clubber and I don't care.

It was a pleasure to see him play and to be on his team  I only think he deserved more than what he got.

 

How the reward system works?

w.png

 

DD players like myself (or former) have been asking for rewards for play like this for a long time. At high tier, you get good winrate, but if you get unlucky and miss everything you launch torps at you get crap. In other words: sit back in a BB and snipe and you earn credits. Be a good team-mate and you lose credits. 

YRN7X0f.jpg

Lost about 80k credits on this game. If i was not doing what i did in that game, we would have lost. 

Meanwhile the braidead Yamato i saved was sitting in my smoke when i spotted and he gets a nice bonus. 

 

WG logic

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
7,192 posts
9,335 battles
40 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Damage>Kills>Caps>Planes>>>>>>>>>>>>>Spotting>Tanking>Smoking Team Mates

 

Probably :Smile_trollface:

 

Teamwork? How's that taste like mixed with Vodka?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
5,324 posts
8,243 battles

Rewarding damage dealt by ships sitting in your smoke?

I have a feeling that WG will discourage that in the upcoming patches. 

Reward? He won :Smile_trollface:

 

Nah, seriously...smoking teammates and spotting is nice but he surely could've done more.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,186 posts
4,658 battles

Of course DDs should be awarded for team play and playing their role. Anything else is plainly speaking - dumb. Why should other ships get all the glory after being protected by us? I don't think being an unpaid saint should be part of the DD job description. It's not fair and it doesn't motivate.

 

Quick and dirty flowchart. Am I missing part of the basic process here, or is it this simple? Seems to me WG should be able to implement this, but I could be wrong. I'm sick with a fever.

smoke_xp_flow.thumb.jpg.a247a5ac8923c2ac2a017d67dd2be3bb.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[L4GG]
Players
1,436 posts
5,781 battles

 

45 minutes ago, aboomination said:

Rewarding damage dealt by ships sitting in your smoke?

 

I'm not talking about dealing damage while sitting in smoke.

 

I'm talking about team play.

 

Sunday, in a game, my team lemming up to c, I warned them and I went for A requesting for support, a Myoko covered my retreat and we both start kitting. And we manage to take the edge of the red's push by delay them, while the rest of the team was probably site seeing or something

 

Today, that dd did an outstanding job through out the all game (it was an standard battle) just by supporting his teammates, that flank would collapse without him. he denied damage to the red team, he denied easy access to the red team, he smoked several ships in the defence, when we start to push he went and support the push.

Did a whole lot more than I'm used to see from a dd.

 

1 hour ago, aboomination said:

Rewarding damage dealt by ships sitting in your smoke?

I have a feeling that WG will discourage that in the upcoming patches. 

Reward? He won :Smile_trollface:

 

Nah, seriously...smoking teammates and spotting is nice but he surely could've done more.

 

 

 

that's the thing , he stayed close by and joined the fray, he didn't went all  spotting mode (big race map) we started with 3 dd's  and we end with 2 dd's (spotting mode dd was sunk).

 

 

 

  

  

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[L4GG]
Players
1,436 posts
5,781 battles
1 hour ago, Aotearas said:

 

Teamwork? How's that taste like mixed with Vodka?

 

Taste good, but I don't advice with vodka , goes better with beer or wine.

Best with a Corbières

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
5,324 posts
8,243 battles
8 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

I'm talking about team play.

How do you measure that (avoiding dmg by smoking someone up)?

His reward was victory through teamplay...it's what a lot of successful players do all the time. He should've done more.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[FDUSH]
Players
1,078 posts
6,362 battles
2 hours ago, Cpt_Kawa said:

That you still run Windows 7? Playing windowd? Or that you are using IE? So many things to choose from...

 

Hey, I have windows 7 and a radeon RX 580 8 gb. Windows 7 rules.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[L4GG]
Players
1,436 posts
5,781 battles
2 hours ago, MortenTardo said:

DD players like myself (or former) have been asking for rewards for play like this for a long time. At high tier, you get good winrate, but if you get unlucky and miss everything you launch torps at you get crap. In other words: sit back in a BB and snipe and you earn credits. Be a good team-mate and you lose credits

 

While that Myoko was a life saver for me, but that dd was consistent and helped a lot that flank, perhaps it's like someone said, there's not a reliable way to measure team play.

 

 

 

He should have done more?

sorry, but I don't see how he could do more.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
5,324 posts
8,243 battles
4 minutes ago, Butterdoll said:

sorry, but I don't see how he could do more.

 

Well...it happens...he had a mediocre match. Sometimes there's only so much you can do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
4,867 posts
5,011 battles
3 hours ago, Cpt_Kawa said:

That you still run Windows 7? Playing windowd? Or that you are using IE? So many things to choose from...

There is nothing wrong with windows 7! :Smile_izmena:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
1,935 posts
4 hours ago, Cpt_Kawa said:

That you still run Windows 7? Playing windowd? Or that you are using IE? So many things to choose from...

 

:Smile_amazed:   :Smile_sceptic:   :Smile_facepalm:  :Smile_teethhappy:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,301 posts

Yep, Nothing wrong with Windows 7. I would still have it on my PC if Microsoft didn't  force load Windows 10 without asking. Had no problems to speak off with 10 beyond changing my desktop into a bloody iphone but 7 would still be my choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
443 posts
9,500 battles

I agree, you're usually not rewarded enough for doing your job in a DD.

 

If you smoke your allies, it's useful only if you go ahead of your smoke to spot enemies and torpedoes witch is obviously dangerous because of said torpedoes enemy DDs and radars. And that show in your battle stats with Damage upon your spotting and torpedoes detected. And those stats are very poorly rewarded both in XP and even worse in silver.

Another thing that is not even counted: The points lost by the enemy when you're sitting in their cap (or preventing it from being taken). That would be easy to measure and that's uselessly important for your team.

 

I so much hate when seeing a Benson smoking himself out of cap to shoot at T10 BBs (and doing them nearly nothing) and waiting for the CA and BBs to spot for him and eat the damage while he could hide his fleet behind him, spot and cap. And he does that because the game don't reward him for that (except win rate but a lot of people don't understand that even badly ranked you can still be the major reason your team won).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[B0TS]
Players
160 posts
7,447 battles
4 hours ago, bushwacker001 said:

Yep, Nothing wrong with Windows 7. I would still have it on my PC if Microsoft didn't  force load Windows 10 without asking. Had no problems to speak off with 10 beyond changing my desktop into a bloody iphone but 7 would still be my choice.

They really did ask (windows update popup). No offense, but 99% of users accept without even reading what's on the screen and I'm convinced this is your case (I'm sorry, but I'm pretty cynical as far as average users are concerned). How else would all these crypto lockers keep popping up? Read screens if you don't want that sort of surprises ;)

If you want the windows 7 start menu, google classic shell. Download and install it. It has no negative effects whatsoever on your windows installation and brings back the start menu of your choice (XP, Vista, or 7). 

Or format and reinstall Win 7? Upgraded installations suck anyway. If you want a clean Win 10 install with less bugs you want to install windows 10 without upgrading from 7.

Anyway, sorry OP for going off topic :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,301 posts
1 hour ago, Isalani said:

They really did ask (windows update popup). No offense, but 99% of users accept without even reading what's on the screen and I'm convinced this is your case (I'm sorry, but I'm pretty cynical as far as average users are concerned). How else would all these crypto lockers keep popping up? Read screens if you don't want that sort of surprises ;)

If you want the windows 7 start menu, google classic shell. Download and install it. It has no negative effects whatsoever on your windows installation and brings back the start menu of your choice (XP, Vista, or 7). 

Or format and reinstall Win 7? Upgraded installations suck anyway. If you want a clean Win 10 install with less bugs you want to install windows 10 without upgrading from 7.

Anyway, sorry OP for going off topic :)

Actually you are wrong, i kept getting pop ups and kept turning them down, then one day I turned on my PC and W10 just started loading in..... As I owned my own W7 disc I had the choice to reload that but just kept 10 to give it a chance. (Average user??? I build my own gaming PCs)

 

Edit - Microsoft actually gave me a month to change my mind AFTER giving me no choice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SNUBS]
Players
1,246 posts
6,424 battles

% damage is the most imortant then kills. i think caps are just a multiplier atm. Defence ribbons give some nice xp as far as i noticed tho. smoking and spotting is not rewarded. basicly the whole core dd play is not rewarded 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×