Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
capt_sinkme

high explosives shells

5 comments in this topic

Question

[B-RB]
Players
14 posts
7,566 battles

I asked a couple of family members from ww2 RN that are just bearly with us :) and when i asked about HE in a navy engagment ship to ship there reaction was a kodac moment and i  was told  no dont be daft HEs only for ship to shore,subs and transports you know  juicy targets with no armor. Checking a few details on HE, and found that since the advent of iron clads HE was no longer used when they found that the HE was usless. So some french man invented AP ,Since then the last incident that i could find in a navel engagment that HE was used was quadal canal when the japanese were set up with HE to pound the yanks on shore,there for the japanese suffered for the mistake of not changing to AP when the yank navy turned up.

So my question is why are you using HE in the game when its a navel game that has no soft targets to hit?

4 answers to this question

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
4,649 posts
9,230 battles
3 hours ago, capt_sinkme said:

I asked a couple of family members from ww2 RN that are just bearly with us :) and when i asked about HE in a navy engagment ship to ship there reaction was a kodac moment and i  was told  no dont be daft HEs only for ship to shore,subs and transports you know  juicy targets with no armor. Checking a few details on HE, and found that since the advent of iron clads HE was no longer used when they found that the HE was usless. So some french man invented AP ,Since then the last incident that i could find in a navel engagment that HE was used was quadal canal when the japanese were set up with HE to pound the yanks on shore,there for the japanese suffered for the mistake of not changing to AP when the yank navy turned up.

So my question is why are you using HE in the game when its a navel game that has no soft targets to hit?

*cough*

Both German ships concentrated their fire on Hood. About a minute after opening fire, Prinz Eugen scored a hit with a high-explosive 20.3 cm (8.0 in) shell, detonating Unrotated Projectile ammunition and starting a large fire on Hood, which was quickly extinguished.

You will also find that a number of "AP" shells are mostly just semi armor piercing (SAP), a fancy way of saying "HE shell with a tougher nose and a less sensitive fuze settings".

• Cool 1

[CATS]
Players
14,060 posts
10,555 battles

Because it is no simulation and having more options with different advantages and disadvantages demands more skill.

Alpha Tester
658 posts

in game why?
ask the HEros players why when the normal AP using the same damage without trolling OP fire.

and you post proof,the HE spam is need to be very lower in game just idiot devs dont care:Smile-angry:

[CATS]
Players
14,060 posts
10,555 battles
1 hour ago, Mr_Mistery said:

in game why?
ask the HEros players why when the normal AP using the same damage without trolling OP fire.

and you post proof,the HE spam is need to be very lower in game just idiot devs dont care:Smile-angry:

Or you could inform yourself and learn...

Sign in to follow this