You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Saranpaa

Many afks, wow.

26 comments in this topic

[ASEE2]
Players
45 posts
2,027 battles

Is it just me or has there been a sudden increase of AFK players recently?

There almost seems to be one in every match. sometimes on both sides though.

Some new issue from the new patch?

Does anyone have any info on this?

[NWP]
Players
3,218 posts
5,612 battles

Not sure if they are crashing or unlucky. Ive had often afks too lately, some of them start playing after couple of mins. Some even announce after being killed that they crashed. Maybe some ppl crash and dont bother coming back too, so cant be sure i think.

[FDUSH]
Players
1,078 posts
6,359 battles

I have seen couple of players which enters the game and they don't move or shoot at all. You can tell the difference between someone who hasn't logged because the turrets are aiming frontally or sideways (AFK players which didn't even load the game would have their ship turrets facing forwards and backwards at the same time)

I allways report them after a minute and half or so and often I get out of reports.

(And no, there is no excuse of having a slow computer or something like that, I play with a Phenom II X3 computer with a radeon 6790 which is now 6 years old and I allways load the game before it would start)

[IRQ]
Players
2,698 posts
6,437 battles
54 minutes ago, Sargento_YO said:

(And no, there is no excuse of having a slow computer or something like that, I play with a Phenom II X3 computer with a radeon 6790 which is now 6 years old and I allways load the game before it would start)

My computer's older, and I usually load before battles start. But that's still a "usually". Most of the time it depends on the connection from the server (and I have a high-speed stable connection), or because of some loading bug. Unless of course Windows does what Windows does, and doesn't play nice with the memory.

Supertester
374 posts
3,299 battles

Since the last update i have the game hanging on the loading screen. The only thing to do then is to force stop the game and restart it. 

Guessed it's a mod-related problem, tried without mods and still the same thing happens after a few games.

Players
22 posts
7,148 battles

I have problems with crashes after the last patch. I never had this, so it is not the PC or the lines. My PC and connection is more than capable.  When that happens i have to go to desktop and check the integrity and then start game again. If i am still alive i play from there. 

I am ussually reported by that time. Dont do that, it is obviouslly a problem that came with last update. 

[DREAD]
Players
453 posts
7,651 battles

Once, just once, I crashed out the game seconds after it began.

A quick restart of the game and I was back in within about two minutes.

That game-load screen seemed to take forever.

Amazingly I was still alive, wedged into an island.

[BLITZ]
[BLITZ]
Players
2,049 posts
8,964 battles

Had an AFK T10 carrier a week or so ago. After 13 minutes he launched his first planes.

At that point the battle was already lost. Hard. In chat he said he is having so many disconnects/freezes lately.

I was like "Then quit playing T10 carriers until you find a solution. Stop ruining other peoples games...".

[MUMMY]
Beta Tester
78 posts
6,608 battles

I have this problem/bug whatever happening to me where game just alt+tabs me in the middle of the match and since ship still has move command it just goes where it bloody pleases... i have to kill the game manually via task manager since i cannot get back into it normally, and usually when i manage to load in i am either dead or in soon to be dead situation.... and believe me it is bloody frustrating... one thing i noticed is this happens to me frequently after patches. 

Oh and i play vanilla...

[WJDE]
Players
74 posts
303 battles

I remember windows 8 and perhaps 7 having that problem. Never had it on windows 10.

Also could be a bad memory issue since thats was one of my problems on pc that was running windows 8.

Worth investigating i think.

If you check memory, please use proper program for it (forgot name, needs to be booted).

• Cool 1

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,573 posts
4,894 battles
2 hours ago, The_Tyke said:

Once, just once, I crashed out the game seconds after it began.

A quick restart of the game and I was back in within about two minutes.

That game-load screen seemed to take forever.

Amazingly I was still alive, wedged into an island.

Had that happen to me last night in my Minotaur - game locked up my PC shortly after the start of the battle, had to reboot, by the time I managed to get back into the game my Mino' was back in port.

Only 1 report though....

[NED]
Players
4,087 posts
11,208 battles

It could be me OC but not more than "usual." I do experience more "non loaders" myself lately however. Even after a clean windows/ wows reinstall. What I do notice there are seemingly more "passive starters." Players who are in fact ingame but don't do anything uptil 5 minutes into battle: just laying still and wait for the team to move. Big report drain indeed....

Players
22 posts
7,148 battles

I have windows10, so no blame to W8 or W7. I had 3c types of not joining the fight.

1. When i click battle button game just CTD

2. When i want to join battle the animation to join is spinning forever and freeze. I must shut down the game from windows, do the integrity chek and than works.

3. Joining the batle i can hear the in game sound but i can only see the starting screen and when i click fire, the guns go off. So no vision just sound and i guess the turrets traverse and commands works too.

And this is happening only from the last update. From all of my battles i had like 2 or 3 crashes before. So something has changed.

[HAERT]
Players
2,087 posts

Since 0.6.10 I've had about 15 crashes (Windows 10 machine fresh build) where it fails to get past the loading screen or dies in mid battle. It's not very frequent, but I have to close the game with Task Manager and restart the client. Fortunately this PC is quite fast, but it's very annoying when it happens. I have integrity checked the game, reinstalled it from scratch and removed mods, none of it seems to have any effect.

There is a noticeably larger number of people with this sort of problem.

[BTS]
Players
1,064 posts
4,867 battles

May it be related to the oil mission? It only asks to win 2 battles in random, irrespective of actual contribution.

• Cool 1

[HAERT]
Players
2,087 posts
6 minutes ago, Cosseria said:

May it be related to the oil mission? It only asks to win 2 battles in random, irrespective of actual contribution.

Doubtful. People know that with 1 ship down the chances of a win are lower, even played badly(barring TK's of course) the chances of a win are better if not afk. Admittedly that common sense is a bit of a reach for some of the player base.

Weekend Tester
532 posts
4,938 battles
43 minutes ago, Dragnorak said:

For some odd reason this seems to be DD primarily. At least in my games it is.

Same here. I reckon about 90% of AFKs in my games are DDs. That doesn't seem to indicate a random disconnection/loading error, because that might affect any ship.

(By AFK, I include those that are completely inactive for the first 1-2 minutes of the game, as well as those that are permanently  inactive)

• Cool 1

[BTS]
Players
1,064 posts
4,867 battles
1 hour ago, BeauNidl3 said:

Doubtful. People know that with 1 ship down the chances of a win are lower, even played badly(barring TK's of course) the chances of a win are better if not afk. Admittedly that common sense is a bit of a reach for some of the player base.

Just enter battle and go AFK, then send another ship into battle, go AFK and so on. Statistically, some teams will be good enough to carry the AFKers to victory, and they only need 2 wins anyway.

[IRQ]
Players
2,698 posts
6,437 battles
1 hour ago, cracktrackflak said:

Same here. I reckon about 90% of AFKs in my games are DDs. That doesn't seem to indicate a random disconnection/loading error, because that might affect any ship.

Can you show stats of that, or is it just a feeling you have? Because otherwise I'd say that's just confirmation bias. The thing is, DDs are far more noticeable than any other ship if they're not loading. A cruiser you might not notice if someone loads in a minute late, a CV you will not notice if you don't pay attention to allied planes, and a BB will be just where all other allied BBs are for the entire match anyway.

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
532 posts
4,938 battles
37 minutes ago, AnotherDuck said:

Can you show stats of that, or is it just a feeling you have? Because otherwise I'd say that's just confirmation bias. The thing is, DDs are far more noticeable than any other ship if they're not loading. A cruiser you might not notice if someone loads in a minute late, a CV you will not notice if you don't pay attention to allied planes, and a BB will be just where all other allied BBs are for the entire match anyway.

I don't keep stats; there are too many imponderables in WG games to waste life trying to track them all!

I do routinely check all members of my team when the game starts, as this is a critical phase when you need to know who is present, how fast they are setting off, and in which direction. The AFK DD thing is prevalent enough to be noticeable, and for people to comment on it. I'd say my estimate is roughly correct for the games i play.

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,071 posts
11,563 battles

Was I the only one that thought of this old meme when reading the title?

1wmkc5.jpg

• Cool 1

[BGNAV]
Players
745 posts
14,170 battles
23 hours ago, Saranpaa said:

Is it just me or has there been a sudden increase of AFK players recently?

There almost seems to be one in every match. sometimes on both sides though.

Some new issue from the new patch?

Does anyone have any info on this?

18 hours ago, DFens_666 said:

Not sure if they are crashing or unlucky. Ive had often afks too lately, some of them start playing after couple of mins. Some even announce after being killed that they crashed. Maybe some ppl crash and dont bother coming back too, so cant be sure i think.

after 0.6.10 and atm insane game crashes, reconnects, blabla bla....no more than 70sec to get back in battle till today when i was with cv....

you very easy can notice eeven before battle starts who will play it afk  ijn dds with no paint.....usn dds with no paint or some type2....and if the game mod is domination  and they are lowtier  or there is few radars in enemy team "bring more diapers guys" wtf they expect in hitier battle, clivlands with hydro and fighters? in 99% of the time when you tell them in chat that u gonna torp them and set corresponding course they  wake up  or just before the torps to hit them they again wake up ofc after that did not go to contest or at least spot  go behind our main group or border hug and start chasing 1 BB spamming torps at 10km on sailing away BBs and so...... its same as KM bbs which at begining set B or I line and till end of the battle did not advance even a step

• Cool 1

[ASEE2]
Players
45 posts
2,027 battles

Whats wrong with Cleveland with hydro and fighters? :Smile_glasses:

The CV´s are kinda rare on that tier.

There are some in 1 out of 6 games?

• Cool 1

[BGNAV]
Players
745 posts
14,170 battles
2 hours ago, Saranpaa said:

Whats wrong with Cleveland with hydro and fighters? :Smile_glasses:

The CV´s are kinda rare on that tier.

There are some in 1 out of 6 games?

Nothing m8, but im focusing hitiers

i love mine cleve, but whne u press "Battle" in T8+ DD is more proper to expect enemy to be Donskoi, Des Moins, Moskva or Missuri

not naked T6 CL with dr11,4km and no real weapon against destroyers :Smile_teethhappy:

• Cool 1