You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leronex

Is this how you should be treated as a player and a customer? And is this is a community we want to have?

79 comments in this topic

Players
2,300 posts

Some of you guys really get your rocks off over the most minor little crisis.:Smile_amazed:

I am the only one that can see that to get clan wars up and running in whatever form, as many players/clans as possible need to be attracted to playing it in the final eventual format (probably 12-12 or something) Hence the rental of ships for now, the 7v7 with no CV etc. 

Having CV's in a 7v7 format could kill the interest in clan wars for a hell of a lot of smaller clans sick of getting wiped out by top clans leaving clan wars to a very small elite.

Ok, I may be wrong in my assumptions for the plan for CW's but surely 7v7 is just the start.

• Cool 7

[OM]
Beta Tester, WoWs Wiki Team
3,311 posts
11,182 battles
2 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

Having CV's in a 7v7 format could kill the interest in clan wars fro a hell of a lot of smaller clans sick of getting wiped out by top clans leaving clan wars to a very small elite.

So, you think without CVs, those clans won't be steamrolled by the top clans?

Players
2,300 posts
3 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Of course but at least they will get to shoot at an enemy ship for a bit and not only see planes dropping stuff on them.

[KOKOS]
[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,333 posts
8,447 battles

I have an idea.

Completely stop/remove Clan Wars and/or Competitive Gameplay.

Problem Solved :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 8

[NWP]
[NWP]
Players
7,991 posts
11,428 battles

The TLDR is you actually listen to what the WG staff have to say?

I've read enough Q&As, played through changes that no one asked for, laughed at their attempts to dampen community rage with petrol, change the goalposts constantly etc to not listen to a word they say.

Sorry if that's a little harsh but it's not like the WG RU Overlords care what it's EU staff report back and said staff are forced to tow the company line even if it's constantly going back on what was said previously.

Take anything WG say with a big pinch of salt.

My favourite comment was that Ship modeller who said some obscure Russian port bombardment BB had the greatest history of any BB ever :Smile_smile:

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
5,324 posts
8,234 battles
3 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

Not in the same manner, no :Smile_trollface:

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,071 posts
11,563 battles

We also obviously need multiple threads on the same topic because of reasons.

• Cool 4

Players
2,300 posts
1 minute ago, Teob_VG said:

That's because OP wants to make it easier for WG to delete a whole thread by starting it off with loads of abuse rather than hiding his essay in a 13 page thread.

• Cool 2

[KOKOS]
[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,333 posts
8,447 battles

CC's are in a self-destruct mode lately. :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 1

[HEROS]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,574 posts
11,699 battles

Because one topic is dedicated to Clan Wars at large, and one single to exclusion of CV's. I wanted a single topic dedicated more to community/players treatment, then to overall issues regarding CW/CV. Therefore, I felt it was justified to create a separate topic to discuss it.

• Cool 1

[EGM-B]
Beta Tester
1,161 posts
7,573 battles

If I would be one of the guys getting name tagged everytime by the guys who feel entitled enough to demand an answer, I would simply turn off the notifications and ignore that stuff, or stop visting the forum at all.

Also funny that the words customer, mistreated and cheated always appears when it comes to people not being able to do what they want, but never when it comes to actual money, for example another P2W prem ship.

18 minutes ago, Teob_VG said:

Ofc, you can never have enough threads on the same topic. ))))

23 minutes ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

At least not as decisively. Now we have 7 unicums vs 7 potatoes, but with CVs it would be atleast 9 unicums vs 7 potatoes, since CVs have the might and influence of at least 2 if not 3 other well played ships.

Tbh, their reasoning seems pretty sound to me, the problems lies mostly in the fact that WG chose 7vs7, 9vs9 would probably be a whole different thing.

"Unfortunately, tournament observation results and preliminary tests of Clans demonstrated that an aircraft carrier in a well coordinated team provides perfect reconnaissance through the entire map, creates a lot of obstacles for destroyers from the opposing team, and generally makes the battle follow the "everyone sees everyone else" scenario. It goes without saying that such a situation reduces the variability of the battle and the role of torpedo attacks."

Sounds as WG for once cares about the diversity of viable tactics, unlike WoT where you have always the same few cookie cutter setups and strats.

• Cool 3

[HEROS]
4,574 posts
11,699 battles

Ah, there's the Avenger. I forgot to block you, now is a good time to do it.

• Cool 1

[EGM-B]
Beta Tester
1,161 posts
7,573 battles
6 minutes ago, landryn_k said:

Sorry that you dont want to see opinions that dont match yours when you engage in a internet forum. :^)

• Cool 2

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,071 posts
11,563 battles
9 minutes ago, landryn_k said:

Because one topic is dedicated to Clan Wars at large, and one single to exclusion of CV's. I wanted a single topic dedicated more to community/players treatment, then to overall issues regarding CW/CV. Therefore, I felt it was justified to create a separate topic to discuss it.

Yeah only I don't remember choosing you to represent me as a paying player/customer. 

In fact because of the way you express yourself, you don't represent me at all.

And pretending the two topics aren't linked is a tad dishonest. But hey, here we are. You got your thread.

[HEROS]
4,574 posts
11,699 battles

eah only I don't remember choosing you to represent me as a paying player/customer. 

In fact because to the way you express yourself, you don't represent me at all.

Lulz. So if you don't agree with my opinion and you don't "like" the way I "express myself" then I can't say things a lot of other dudes agree with me? What, you expect me to send you a notification what I want to write so you can approve if I'm worthy of representing you as a End of All Wisdom Teob_VG? And I didn't choose you particularly to represent, so, if you don't like it, don't read it. 

Players
1,401 posts
3,712 battles

No self-respecting company or developer would EVER consider banning a part of their community from participating based on their choice of gameplay - JUST BECAUSE they (the developers) screwed up and didn't properly develop that part of gameplay.*

I agree that CVs don't make a good addition to competitive play right now. But WG prioritizes throwing out clan wars without CVs over fixing CVs and then bringing out a fair version of clan wars with all of the community able to participate in their favorite class.

They just don't care about players. Fixing CVs and bringing out a fair clan wars version would please MANY players. Now they enraged a whole lot for no gain.

*DId you ever see a League of Legends World Championship with a role disabled?

Did you ever see competitive Starcraft (1/2) with a whole race disabled?

DId you ever see a whole class in World of Warcraft banned from participating in anything?

No, and there is a reason for that. Other companies are actually interested in their players and creating a good game. Other companies know what player outrage costs them. Other companies know that quality gameplay beats advertisement (lul) and new features in player retention and overall revenue.

• Cool 2

[HEROS]
4,574 posts
11,699 battles

Did you ever see competitive Starcraft (1/2) with a whole race disabled?

That was what I wrote in CC chat. You imagine Blizzard coming out and saying, sorry Protos guys, Terran and Zerg players from silver league said you're OP, and we can't be bothered to work your race out - therefore, no tournaments for you guys. Oh, and we limit Terran players to only 3 out of 24, cause you're not OP at all, you just stall games.

Players
1,401 posts
3,712 battles
1 minute ago, landryn_k said:

That was what I wrote in CC chat. You imagine Blizzard coming out and saying, sorry Protos guys, Terran and Zerg players from silver league said you're OP, and we can't be bothered to work your race out - therefore, no tournaments for you guys. Oh, and we limit Terran players to only 3 out of 24, cause you're not OP at all, you just stall games.

I agree with it.

I just like to repeat and reword things because many people need that to get the point. I can't believe how many get hung up on the exact example one used to get a point across - instead of focusing on said point. That's why I do this.

As for the crappy cruiser/BB/DD balance (yes DDs are part of it) - it's been like this forever. WG does not care. BBs will and SHOULD be the kings of random battles in their mind. All other classes may suffer in peace and quiet and wait for competitive modes where BBs are limited or disabled.

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,410 posts
4,896 battles

Could not agree more. Even for a CA only player these days, I can only give you a big thumbs up.

Cudos for you as a CC to open this post and your efford to make the game a better place.

• Cool 1

Players
2,300 posts
28 minutes ago, landryn_k said:

This post has now convinced me that OP is a bit of a sulky baby. :Smile_amazed:

• Cool 4

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,573 posts
4,894 battles
49 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

My favourite comment was that Ship modeller who said some obscure Russian port bombardment BB had the greatest history of any BB ever :Smile_smile:

Must have missed that classic - which BB was it supposed to be?

[HEROS]
4,574 posts
11,699 battles

This post has now convinced me that OP is a bit of a sulky baby. 

If you could actually go through history of my posts in this section, you would quickly found out I tried to engage in a decent discussion with this dude, and unfortunately found him incapable of understanding simple facts. Thus, him being just a troll decided to leave this miserable experience to other users. But, yeah, I'm just a sulky baby. A big one tho, but just a baby.

Must have missed that classic - which BB was it supposed to be?

It wasn't exactly that, one of the devs, when asked which ship he liked the most regarding their performance in history, he answered with Marat.

[EGM-B]
Beta Tester
1,161 posts
7,573 battles
4 minutes ago, landryn_k said:

If you could actually go through history of my posts in this section, you would quickly found out I tried to engage in a decent discussion with this dude, and unfortunately found him incapable of understanding simple facts. Thus, him being just a troll decided to leave this miserable experience to other users.

> I dont like his opionion

> he is too stupid to understand simple facts

> he must be a troll

:^)

[TTT]
[TTT]
Players
1,071 posts
11,563 battles
11 minutes ago, bushwacker001 said:

This post has now convinced me that OP is a bit of a sulky baby. :Smile_amazed:

Also rude, toxic and on top of everything else has no idea how quoting works.