You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Lieutenant_Hubert_Gruber

What the hell is a "BBaby" and why is it so popular ?!

196 comments in this topic

Players
135 posts
3,700 battles

Including "BBabies" as a scapegoat has become popular for pretty much most balance issues or change in game play, my question is quite simple " What the hell is a BBaby ?" 

I use to sail BBs mostly, then I fell in love with cruisers and now I try to grind two different DD lines. I love to read up on advises provided by experienced players on this forum.  What did I learn? "BBabies" everywhere! What the hell does it mean?  Is it a bad BB player? Is it someone who adds a point of view on bbs that do not fall in line with people who are dedicated towards other lines? 

No matter how I try to understand it, it just seems a bloody silly word to add to a debate.  DD,CV,CL/CA do also have less experienced people who come here to rant about their class needing a buff, and all lines are also contributing to this new sniping meta one way or another!  

Please, what ever reason you use "BBabies" put in in the ground and make this forum less toxic!    

• Cool 6

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,393 battles

If you need to ask.... :Smile_smile:

It's the pathetic whaaa whaaa whaaaa torpedoes OP whaaaaa whaaaa nerf fires whaaa whaaa which makes this game toxic. 

4 hours ago, Lieutenant_Hubert_Gruber said:

Please, what ever reason you use "BBabies" put in in the ground and make this forum less toxic!    

So next guy crying for fresh diapers should just get them? *Edited

• Cool 5

[EYLIG]
WoWs Wiki Team, WoWs Wiki Team
1,790 posts
13,017 battles

You must be new here...

To put it simple: it is a very widespread (possibly noticed because it's quite evident if it happens) way of playing the most durable class in the game. A lot of BB player stay too far back and even yell in chat or spam the F-keys to get "support" even though they are furthest away from the closest enemy. If any, they should support those closer to the enemy. Hence they get called cowards or, because of a baby's nature to be scared rather easily, a BBaby. Oh, and of course there are several examples of whine in chat done by this particularly scared group.

There was a good example last Monday on reddit, intended to show the grotesque and at times amusing part the steroetypical playstyle at hand may have.

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
2,351 posts
13,870 battles

It is a derogatory term referring to player(s), who only (or mostly) play Battleships, are not very good at it and instead of learning how to play to do well, prefers to complain that any other ships they are facing are supposedly OP, thus explaining their poor performance in the game.

Often these are players, who skipped some tiers or bought a high tier premium right away and so keep getting pulverized on sight, when faced with more experienced players (they did not bother to do the "grind" and so do not have the skills needed in high tier games).:cap_old:

• Cool 3

[AONO]
Beta Tester
784 posts
7,839 battles

This is the term made up so terrible cruisers and dd players can sleep better at night.

• Cool 13

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,393 battles
5 minutes ago, P2Win said:

This is the term made up so terrible cruisers and dd players can sleep better at night.

Yup I'm a terrible cruiser and DD player... guess that means 98% of players are actually below terrible :Smile_trollface: 

• Cool 8

Players
135 posts
3,700 battles
3 hours ago, mtm78 said:

If you need to ask.... :Smile_smile:

It's the pathetic whaaa whaaa whaaaa torpedoes OP whaaaaa whaaaa nerf fires whaaa whaaa which makes this game toxic. 

So next guy crying for fresh diapers should just get them? *Edited

But you get the same sort of " crying" from all classes.   Is a DD captains a DDouche if he complains about that radio skill, or how his torpedos should have a speed of a 100 knots and a range of 20km? Or CV***** (female genitalia) captains claiming they can't instant kill a full health BB, or CA**( bum) who wants to be able to sail showing his full broadside without taking any citadel hits? 

It doesn't add anything useful. For the sake of the rest of us, ignore those people or point them in the right direction, which is towards the battle ( if you can find the energy). 

And since we had so many clashes MTM, you need to teach me how to make fully use of my DDs! You owe me that much, you DDouche :Smile_hiding:    :) 

• Cool 2

[AONO]
Beta Tester
784 posts
7,839 battles
4 minutes ago, mtm78 said:

Yup I'm a terrible cruiser and DD player... guess that means 98% of players are actually below terrible :Smile_trollface: 

Weekend gameplay are a true representation of the terribleness of players.:cap_popcorn:

• Cool 5

[ONE2]
Players
2,351 posts
13,870 battles

Radio skill? I always regarded it as pretty useless... All it tells you is that there is a DD or possibly a Cruiser that you already may or may not have spotted in the general direction of the enemy - in case you didn't expect that... Well, in the beginning of the game anyways. Way too expensive in my opinion, maybe if it was a 1 or 2-point skill...:cap_popcorn:

• Cool 1

[LEGIO]
[LEGIO]
Players
583 posts
7,451 battles

I have learned that the correct word i sBattleship. BB. Not that ridiculous BBabies. I think the ones who complain most nowadays are Cruiser and Destroyer player. Not nattleship players. :) But i like cruiser/destroyer games far more than battleship games ;) And by the way, How many remembers that the original name for this game was acctually World of Battleships? :D

[ONE2]
Players
2,351 posts
13,870 battles
2 minutes ago, P2Win said:

Weekend gameplay are a true representation of the terribleness of players.:cap_popcorn:

Eeehhehehe, I agree. But only because I'm one of them potatoes... :fish_haloween:

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,393 battles
Just now, Lieutenant_Hubert_Gruber said:

For the sake of the rest of us, ignore those people or point them in the right direction, which is towards the battle ( if you can find the energy).

Look you got a point, it doesn't help in situations where the people involved actually are open minded. But it's not in those moments that the term is coined, it's when people making comments like: 5 BB's per team each game is fine, but limit DD's to two per side please -> *mandatory wall bump with forehead* I keep repairing single fires and I STILL burn to death, please nerf fires!

And that's fine, when people say that. But when confronted with the simple knowledge that it's THEM and not the mechanics which are faulty, they suddenly forget it's a game and go like: ye but my battleship shouldn't burn from a lousy destroyer shell how dare you insinuate that battleships aren't the ultimate naval warfare tool and as such they should roflstomp entire enemy teams on their own... that's when you KNOW you're dealing with a real BBaby. 

4 minutes ago, Lieutenant_Hubert_Gruber said:

And since we had so many clashes MTM, you need to teach me how to make fully use of my DDs! You owe me that much you DDouche :Smile_hiding:    :) 

Come to SCRUBS channel if I'm online I'm always willing to play with my fellow forumites :Smile_great:

5 minutes ago, P2Win said:

You're forgetting about the wonders of summer vacations :Smile_hiding: 

[AONO]
Beta Tester
784 posts
7,839 battles
Just now, mtm78 said:

You're forgetting about the wonders of summer vacations :Smile_hiding: 

Oh god...kids in highschool and lower should have summer class, should be 100% mandatory.

[DREAD]
Players
4,693 posts
4,871 battles
31 minutes ago, Lieutenant_Hubert_Gruber said:

Including "BBabies" as a scapegoat has become popular for pretty much most balance issues or change in game play, my question is quite simple " What the hell is a BBaby ?" 

I use to sail BBs mostly, then I fell in love with cruisers and now I try to grind two different DD lines. I love to read up on advises provided by experienced players on this forum.  What did I learn? "BBabies" everywhere! What the hell does it mean?  Is it a bad BB player? Is it someone who adds a point of view on bbs that do not fall in line with people who are dedicated towards other lines? 

No matter how I try to understand it, it just seems a bloody silly word to add to a debate.  DD,CV,CL/CA do also have less experienced people who come here to rant about their class needing a buff, and all lines are also contributing to this new sniping meta one way or another!  

Not sure if your intention is to get an honest answer or if you only try to fight the usage of the word.

A BBaby is this special kind of ignorant battleship player that plays passive, spoils the fun for all other players (including other Battleships) and comes to the forums for whining if he didn't win with his terrible campy habits. Typical he whines about fires being OP, Torpedos being OP, CVs being OP and of course - his main gun accuracy has been nerfed silently by WG. Cause WG hates battleships you know.

The term is not intended against good BB players who are courageous and team oriented. 

Unfortunately there are quite a few bad ones which can make game incredibly annoying (I am looking at you, full HP Bismarck behind the very last island while the team dies). 

Players
1,057 posts
7,669 battles

BBaby = Battleship Baby. It refers to certain kind of Battleship captains, with the word baby describing them. You really shouldn't think much of the meaning of the word beyond that, since people who use it don't really go with a dictionary definition here either.

Other hull classification symbols don't match word baby like BB does, so only BB drivers have this kind of term describing them. 

3 minutes ago, mtm78 said:

There are more than 2% of playerbase that play Shimakaze better than you do. Where are you pulling this number from?

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Beta Tester
1,246 posts
7,249 battles
22 minutes ago, Lieutenant_Hubert_Gruber said:

But you get the same sort of " crying" from all classes.   Is a DD captains a DDouche if he complains about that radio skill, or how his torpedos should have a speed of a 100 knots and a range of 20km? Or CV***** (female genitalia) captains claiming they can't instant kill a full health BB, or CA**( bum) who wants to be able to sail showing his full broadside without taking any citadel hits? 

It doesn't add anything useful. For the sake of the rest of us, ignore those people or point them in the right direction, which is towards the battle ( if you can find the energy). 

And since we had so many clashes MTM, you need to teach me how to make fully use of my DDs! You owe me that much, you DDouche :Smile_hiding:    :) 

The only Problem (besides their ignorance) is that WG is balancing around their whine (maybe because they whine the loudest or are the greatest mass of players <<€€€>>>). Don't believe it? Just look at the Bingocard posted above (it is friggin old btw. - still closed beta i believe). almost EVERYTHING already happened or is planed for the near furture. On the other side: Do you renember the last meaningful buff to IJN DDs? Do you think Shima is a competetive Tier X DD (not even wanting it to be the best)? Do you think cruisers are fine as they are being devastated? (except obvious op ones like Kutusov, Belfast etc ofc.)

[BLITZ]
[BLITZ]
Players
2,049 posts
8,964 battles

In my opinion a BBaby is someone who (almost) exclusively plays battleships and therefore complains about everything that counters this class.

If someone plays battleships only, he is more likely to complain about things like smoke, torps and carriers.

Destroyers will cry about radar, cruisers about battleships.

[SCRUB]
Alpha Tester
17,384 posts
5,393 battles
4 minutes ago, Agantas said:

There are more than 2% of playerbase that play Shimakaze better than you do. Where are you pulling this number from?

I think it's 98% which plays Shima better as me :Smile_trollface:

I should be in top 2% overall though :Smile_hiding:  

5 minutes ago, Agantas said:

Other hull classification symbols don't match word baby like BB does, so only BB drivers have this kind of term describing them. 

27 minutes ago, SeeteufeI said:

"Oh BBaby, who's your DDaddy?!"

Actually.... 

Players
390 posts
8,600 battles
3 hours ago, piritskenyer said:

He's the reason BB's get direct and indirect nerfs every patch:Smile_sceptic:

*Edited

Conqueror vs. Zao comparison

So what is the point in playing the Zao since the Conqueror had been released? BBabies had been nerfed? Just meh...

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks (Image).

[SCRUB]
Supertester
3,194 posts
3,153 battles
3 hours ago, Exohoritis said:

*Edited

Conqueror vs. Zao comparison

So what is the point in playing the Zao since the Conqueror had been released? BBabies had been nerfed? Just meh...

I meant to wirte buffs. It's just early morning, sorry :(

Changed it now too.

• Cool 1

Players
135 posts
3,700 battles
12 minutes ago, Miessa3 said:

The only Problem (besides their ignorance) is that WG is balancing around their whine. Don't believe it? Just look at the Bingocard posted above (it is friggin old btw.). almost EVERYTHING already happened or is planed for the next furture. On the other side: Do you renember the last meaningful buff to IJN DDs? Do you think Shima is a competetive Tier X DD (not even wanting it to be the best)?

I think that the Shima is a very competitive DD, although suffers against other DDs. Saw my entire fleet being demolished by two of those, and I laughed so hard even when my NO was facing 12 enemy ships on its own.  Well deserved punishment for all our cruisers and BBs who rolled up in pile in the corner. I am interested in learning more about the Shima, but as far as I can understand, the issue is vs other DDs.