Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Fubucky

Help me. WG staff excluded me from the game :'(

34 comments in this topic

[MIRAI]
Players
118 posts
7,180 battles

Hi.

I'm a CV player, and Aircraft Carrier is the only class that I honestly enjoy in this game.

I've read the news about CVs being excluded from play in clan battles. This has saddened me so much, as the only source of fun I had this game is being removed from the competitive environment. I find this, simply unbelievable. Developers excluding their players from their own game.

Before you make a comment or a suggestion to me to play another class; I'll say no. Because CV is the only class that I enjoy playing with. Also, I'm not good at the other classes (even though I reached T10). So why should I play with something that I'm not good at or don't enjoy? This will only end up in ruining other people's game experience.

[This is for mods: Don't tell me to go test the changes first. How can I test something when I'm not allowed to use it?]

I play this game because it is fun. If fun is taken away from me, by the very people who made the game, then I have nothing else to say.

-By a player who loves your game, even though it's broken.

• Cool 2

Players
1,186 posts
4,658 battles

I sympathize with your situation as a dedicated CV player. Leaving out an entire ship class from class battles is indeed an exclusive move by WG. However, as far as I can see nothing has actually been taken away from you.

There's several objectionable decisions being made by WG regarding clan content. For example the choice to use T10 ships in clan battles. I believe there are other tiers that are more well balanced for this purpose. But when it comes to CVs being left out, one can argue that WG are actually taking some responsibility for the current state of carriers in the game.

The CV player population is relatively small, which means that many clans will be excluded from the possibility to join in on clan battles because they don't have someone to play the CV role. It can also be argued that CVs are also too much of a fulcrum in a team lineup. A good CV player will have a very large positive influence on a match turnout while the opposite can be said of a weak CV player. In my eyes CVs are a somewhat broken class at the moment. They will play a too pivotal role compared to other classes, which is probably the same reason why teams are only able to field one BB (as far as I know).

Relatively speaking, it might just be that more people would have been excluded from clan battles if CVs were allowed. I'm also pretty sure that WG are excluding even more players by putting a pretty harsh limit on battleships. I think it will be interesting to see how their choices turn out over time. It might not be a bad choice after all, although it seems fairly dramatic right now. I am still puzzled by the choice to use T10 ships, though.

• Cool 3

[KOKOS]
[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,333 posts
8,447 battles

Maybe you and your clan mates could....... oh wait...... :Smile_hiding:

• Cool 2

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,469 posts
7,863 battles

I can't sympathize with someone who only plays one class and a class like CV on top of that. It's completely unrelatable to me.

That's like someone saying that the best part of playing chess is setting up the board. It's part of the game and can be gratifying, but it's such a tiny ancillary part.

You're kind of making your own problem here.

There are plenty of people who only play tier 10 and don't get to play ranked.

Hell even operations are going to be tier 6 only in the future.

tl;dr - If you restrict yourself, you're going to get restricted. That's how it works.

WG can't cater to every single individual special preference.

• Cool 7

[TOXIC]
[TOXIC]
Players
3,728 posts
10,607 battles
29 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

I can't sympathize with someone who only plays one class and a class like CV on top of that. It's completely unrelatable to me.

That's like someone saying that the best part of playing chess is setting up the board. It's part of the game and can be gratifying, but it's such a tiny ancillary part.

(...)

No, it's like someone who likes to play football but only as a goalkeeper. It's an essential part of the game as a whole. It plays differently. And a dedicated goalkeeper generally doesn't play any other position, certainly not competitively (whether "competitive" means high leagues or a friendly school vs school derby in a small city). The main difference is that we don't really get football matches lacking goalkeepers while WoWs matches without CVs are more frequent than with them.

More to the point: it's perfectly normal and quite understandable that someone finds something they like (certain class of ships in WoWs, for example) and sticks to it - I find it strange how strange you find the idea, even if you don't particularly like CVs or their gameplay. If anything, them being so different might point you towards realization that just like we have plenty players who don't touch CVs with a long stick, we're also bound to have some that find them more interesting than the other classes. What exactly gives you the right to say that people are enjoying the game the wrong way by strongly preferring "wrong" ships?

Oh, and one more thing: you're belittling a fellow player for limiting his options because he complains about his preferred class being excluded from competitive environment. Let me put things into perspective:

Your class distribution:

Cruiser 39%

Battleship 32%

Destroyer 26%

Carrier 3%

His class distribution:

Destroyer 38%

Aircraft carrier 26%

Cruiser 23%

Battleship 12%

So who, exactly, is locking themselves out of something? His least played class has FOUR TIMES the share in his battles compared to your least played class...

Now, having settled that part...

@Fubucky, while I certainly understand your feelings, the fact remains that CVs - while ok in random 12v12 format - don't work too well in 7v7. Normally CVs (especially at high tier) face lots of ships with overlapping AA zones, they face the enemy CV and they simply can't be everywhere (which is also why strike loadouts are usually preferable, since enemy can't cover the whole map). A coordinated 7v7 is another issue completely. It's like starting the match in the end game, but with all planes intact - the hangars become virtually inexhaustible, DDs are forced to hide under fleet AA, ships are forced to spec for AA until no strike can get through - and the whole stealth aspect of the game pretty much goes out of the window (not counting smokes here, of course). Tactics get simplified - because it's mostly impossible to do something surprising with the amount of intelligence CVs can provide when there's just 7 enemy ships to keep track of.

As unfortunate as the decision is for CV-dedicated players, it's probably a good decision - 7v7 with non-random teammates is an environment that would be adversely affected by CV presence.

• Cool 10

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,469 posts
7,863 battles
5 minutes ago, eliastion said:

No, it's like someone who likes to play football but only as a goalkeeper. It's an essential part of the game as a whole. It plays differently. And a dedicated goalkeeper generally doesn't play any other position, certainly not competitively (whether "competitive" means high leagues or a friendly school vs school derby in a small city). The main difference is that we don't really get football matches lacking goalkeepers while WoWs matches without CVs are more frequent than with them.

More to the point: it's perfectly normal and quite understandable that someone finds something they like (certain class of ships in WoWs, for example) and sticks to it - I find it strange how strange you find the idea, even if you don't particularly like CVs or their gameplay. If anything, them being so different might point you towards realization that just like we have plenty players who don't touch CVs with a long stick, we're also bound to have some that find them more interesting than the other classes. What exactly gives you the right to say that people are enjoying the game the wrong way by strongly preferring "wrong" ships?

Oh, and one more thing: you're belittling a fellow player for limiting his options because he complains about his preferred class being excluded from competitive environment. Let me put things into perspective:

Your class distribution:

Cruiser 39%

Battleship 32%

Destroyer 26%

Carrier 3%

His class distribution:

Destroyer 38%

Aircraft carrier 26%

Cruiser 23%

Battleship 12%

So who, exactly, is locking themselves out of something? His least played class has FOUR TIMES the share in his battles compared to your least played class...

Hit a nerve there it seems...

I'm having a hard time figuring out why you are trying to tell me what my personal opinion should be.

You seem to not understand the difference between excluding every option but one, from excluding one option. Also ignoring the fact that I'm not the one excluding anything.

Furthermore I'm not telling him what he should or should not do. He can play whatever ship he wants as far as I'm concerned.

Also in your quest to confuse yourself you've inadvertently brought up a very interesting point. Why does someone who apparently can't bare to play any other class than CVs in CW only play 26% CV?

• Cool 5

Players
3 posts
512 battles

I'm really have same opinion, as the one of victim of this ban.

Carriers have been discriminated by repeated nerf and buff to AA ships, but carrier-main people are patient to those, because of past carrier's OP.

But, this ban denied and wasted our daily effort.

Because, the reason why I'm played random is, improvement my carrier-skills for the clan battle or other tournament.

This ban is insane, but if WG do it against our voice, please give back our money and time, seriously.

Players
35 posts
5,593 battles

Ban? Excluded?

Another gimmick like ranked battles has been invented, this time called clan battles. Seriously, who wants to play with obnoxious cave people anyway? 

You have not been excluded from anything. Just one class of ship is excluded from a gimmick, for balancing issues. Perfectly logical. 

You are able to play random battles like you have been, 95% of the playerbase will remain there. 

Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,410 posts
4,896 battles

I can not support WGs decision.

Even if I can understand their point of view, the consequences are quite large.

They not only remove one entire class, they also reduce the value of certain ships and the benefits of current captain setups.

For example: I got a good DM Captain (19 points) on AA. Guess what, I have to reskill that dude completely not to waste a large amount of pontential, or take something else plus reskill him when WG re-introduces CVs again. Thats BS.

Its a sole surrender to the fact they cant even balance CVs when it comes to one tier only battles.

Quite a shame.

Beta Tester
349 posts
12,310 battles
6 hours ago, Nechrom said:

I'm having a hard time figuring out why you are trying to tell me what my personal opinion should be.

He's not trying to tell you what your opinion should be.  

He's calling you out for razzing a guy for doing something that you do even more.  That's called hypocrisy, and he was right to call you out for it.  You are, as always, welcome to retain your opinion, but an adult would review those stats and say "Oh, hey, that's true, maybe I shouldn't be such a [edited] to that other guy."

Az

• Cool 3

[BOTS]
Alpha Tester
2,267 posts
8,775 battles

@OP - in so far as you saying you don't want to play another class you're not good at nor enjoy playing and that it would be unfair to others, I find some of the carrier play blatantly unfair. A tier 10 CV can devastate a team and IMHO has no place in clan battles where players would no doubt have to huddle together all game. We already have the ridiculous RDF which is ruining competitive gameplay, so why add another spotting mechanic that's simply going to result in less than aggressive play?

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Players
1,934 posts
9 hours ago, Nechrom said:

WG can't cater to every single individual special preference.

How about catering to the idea they designed game around?

WG is clueless how to ballance CVs so their solution is to get rid of them. Which is kind of funny. Conqueror in skilled hands can have disproportional impact on the game too. Not only Hakuryu.

And let's not forget those are clan battles - where better team is supposed to win. Better in skill. And skill goes for all classes not only CVs.

So, yeah. OP is right. WG is punishing players. You cannot say: "Here are the toys kids. Pick the ones you like the most." And then: "Today only kids who chose xyz toys can have a fun".

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
5,324 posts
8,234 battles
5 hours ago, RigorMortis76 said:

like ranked battles [...], this time called clan battles

Ranked battles are random matches. Clan wars are not random matches.

[SCRUB]
Players
1,934 posts
6 hours ago, RigorMortis76 said:

(...) Seriously, who wants to play with obnoxious cave people anyway? (...)

I think you are mistaking ideas of random and clan battles.

If there are only obnoxious cave people in your clan, you might think about changing it. You might find one with more likeable creatures. :Smile_trollface:

Players
35 posts
5,593 battles
5 hours ago, Skyllon said:

I think you are mistaking ideas of random and clan battles.

If there are only obnoxious cave people in your clan, you might think about changing it. You might find one with more likeable creatures. :Smile_trollface:

I never reached the age where I felt the urge to be part of a clan, might be me though. I just enjoy playing a game, at the moment this game. I play daily since March and do not care for ranked, clan, flags, missions and whatever else. 

Anyway.

This game is what it is, a rather silly pasttime with science fiction boats. Some of you guys take this game and WG in general way too serious.

WG has ONE reason to make this game: money. They will never cater to minority opinions. And I am sorry to say, the people on this forum are a minority. The behaviour of WG shows time and time again that they do not cater to forum member opinions. Now why would that be??? Exactly!!! Because you guys are NOT WG cash cow. But for whatever reason this simple fact is too difficult to understand for many very active forum members.

WG just continue as you do, make money from the silent majority.

• Cool 2

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,469 posts
7,863 battles
7 hours ago, Azrael_Ashemdion said:

He's not trying to tell you what your opinion should be.  

He's calling you out for razzing a guy for doing something that you do even more.  That's called hypocrisy, and he was right to call you out for it.  You are, as always, welcome to retain your opinion, but an adult would review those stats and say "Oh, hey, that's true, maybe I shouldn't be such a [edited] to that other guy."

Az

I'm not "doing" anything. Whatever you think I'm "doing" is either wrong or irrelevant.

I didn't start a topic complaining that my narrow special preference wasn't catered to. I'm "razzing" someone because they created a problem for themselves.

Pick a class/tier/nation whatever and wait long enough and you too can start a whining topic about being "excluded from the game".

7 hours ago, Skyllon said:

How about catering to the idea they designed game around?

WG is clueless how to ballance CVs so their solution is to get rid of them. Which is kind of funny. Conqueror in skilled hands can have disproportional impact on the game too. Not only Hakuryu.

And let's not forget those are clan battles - where better team is supposed to win. Better in skill. And skill goes for all classes not only CVs.

So, yeah. OP is right. WG is punishing players. You cannot say: "Here are the toys kids. Pick the ones you like the most." And then: "Today only kids who chose xyz toys can have a fun".

How about they have a fun and functional first CW season and don't ruin it by including a class they are "clueless how to balance".

Conqueror is also not a ship class. Sure they could ban that specific ship, but I don't think excluding CVs has to do with balance anyway. I just don't think they want CW to be decided by which CV player gets freeze lag, input delay and general issues which impacts a CV player a lot more.

Competitive gaming regularly get special rules which are separate from the regular game.

This is no different. Thankfully it's going to change between seasons.

Beta Tester
625 posts
2,035 battles

I do understand why the op is distressed over this playing a CV in a clan battle would only add more to the tactical gameplay where teams have to adapt, By making this decision WG are also going to make a lot of captains retrain there AA specs if there's no need to have them which makes the point of AA mute do they have to retrain them back if they want go back into random's or is that retrain free?.

Surely the Aim of clan battles is the best side wins that should include CV so the Skill argument is mute as well , are we saying CVs are op here or that a good captain in a CV can change a game , well that applies to any class of ship doesn't it?.

[ALYEN]
Players
620 posts
2,211 battles

I don't get these topics. There are load of threads and YT videos and whatnot about how CVs are imbalanced, broken, unplayable etc.

And when they are excluded from a feature (let's not discuss the validity of the reasoning behind the exclusion) suddenly there's a lot of people complaining that it is the only class they play and enjoy. Why then don't I see a CV in most games I play at T9+ then ?

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,469 posts
7,863 battles
6 minutes ago, MacFergus said:

I do understand why the op is distressed over this playing a CV in a clan battle would only add more to the tactical gameplay where teams have to adapt, By making this decision WG are also going to make a lot of captains retrain there AA specs if there's no need to have them which makes the point of AA mute do they have to retrain them back if they want go back into random's or is that retrain free?.

If someone is serious about competitive play they wouldn't be using the same spec for random and CW anyway.

Beta Tester
625 posts
2,035 battles
2 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

If someone is serious about competitive play they wouldn't be using the same spec for random and CW anyway.

But is should be free right? Otherwise CW will be hidden behind a paywall for a lot of people?.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,469 posts
7,863 battles
3 minutes ago, MacFergus said:

But is should be free right? Otherwise CW will be hidden behind a paywall for a lot of people?.

I don't know how they would do that.

Also it's difficult to argue paywall when we now have elite captain XP.

Beta Tester
625 posts
2,035 battles
Just now, Nechrom said:

I don't know how they would do that.

Also it's difficult to argue paywall when we now have elite captain XP.

Sorry I've only recently come back to the game I'm not sure what elite captain xp is?

Sign in to follow this