Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Fatty_TheCaughtCarrier

There are not many good CV players so exclude entire line out of CW

13 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
308 posts
7,645 battles

Exclusion of the aircraft carriers from the First Season of Clan Battles was one of the hardest decisions we had to take. Unfortunately, tournament observation results and preliminary tests of Clans demonstrated that an aircraft carrier in a well coordinated team provides perfect reconnaissance through the entire map, creates a lot of obstacles for destroyers from the opposing team, and generally makes the battle follow the "everyone sees everyone else" scenario. It goes without saying that such a situation reduces variability of battles and the role of torpedo attacks. Besides, there are still very few high-tier carriers in the game, and it's quite difficult to learn how to play them well. Moreover, such battles where all ships were researched and upgraded in anti-aircraft configurations, and where the carriers were expected to mainly provide reconnaissance, caused extreme overload and exhausted the players. We recognise the advantages and disadvantages of this decision perfectly well. In future, we will be looking for suitable ways of using aircraft carriers as a ship type in Clan Battles.

So what are you guys are planning ? What are you planning to change ? What about rework that promised since BETA TEST ?

I think you have absolute zero idea about balancing aircraft carriers.

You made CV players' day harder to harder, tougher to tougher every day since the release and today you guys complaining/crying about "We dont have enough good CV players to compete eachoter :(" 

You are the only reason of this WG.  Now, you are excluding entire ship type from clan wars.

There won't be good players to come and yet you already losing good/legendary ones. Enjoy your mess and be proud guys, you did one of the worst management of gaming history.

reyte.png

pape.png

GARF.png

mdvx.png

irn.png

Players
1,011 posts
10,302 battles

I agree with WG on this. It doesnt need to be a "Reyte" vs a potato bob. An avg CV player will dominate over your regular potato bob cv player. CV is simply too strong for 7v7. Also at tier x.....guess what the cruisers will be and which BB it will be......CV will do nothing more than spot creating the crappy gameplay WG mentions where everything is spotted. Good luck striking a hindy or a des moines in a coordinated team. 7v7 CV just makes for boring gameplay at best and terrible defeats for potato teams at worst.

• Cool 5

[0RCA]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
246 posts
5,314 battles

I play this game for 2 years, CV only...

And this is what I get...

I have no words to say who I feel.

Players
1,130 posts
2,359 battles

The worst part about all the changes to make CVs difficult is that all they have done is to make CVs more difficult to learn, but no harder to master. They are still the antithesis of good design, still languishing in the "hard to learn, easy to master" style as they have just made them more fiddly and complex to use even at a basic level but they haven't got around to adding much actual strategy and thought to their use.

[BLITZ]
[BLITZ]
Players
2,049 posts
8,964 battles

They should include carriers and lend them to us, too! :Smile_hiding:

Getting seriously again I have to fully agree with @waxx25 on this one.

But I can understand the disappointment of cv-players.

Imagine they excluded battleships... this forum would burn! 

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
795 posts
7,841 battles
4 hours ago, waxx25 said:

I agree with WG on this. It doesnt need to be a "Reyte" vs a potato bob. An avg CV player will dominate over your regular potato bob cv player. CV is simply too strong for 7v7. Also at tier x.....guess what the cruisers will be and which BB it will be......CV will do nothing more than spot creating the crappy gameplay WG mentions where everything is spotted. Good luck striking a hindy or a des moines in a coordinated team. 7v7 CV just makes for boring gameplay at best and terrible defeats for potato teams at worst.

Agree with you on this. This whole CV fuss is blown way out of proportion. People will adapt. At least now I don't have to worry about a HAKU wiping out 99% of my HP and being spotted 100% of the time.

• Cool 2

Community Contributor
151 posts
12,510 battles

I believe the problem lies with the CV design catering an astronomically limited amount of very few players to master. It is so that you are either a god in a CV, or an entire amateur: There is no middle ground. Especially in a 7 vs 7 environment, monsters like Reyte or Farazelleth would just crush everything down to dust single handedly.

I am really glad WG kept such monstrosities out of the picture.

[BONE]
Players
240 posts
4,628 battles

T10 CV population is probably too small to support a healthy season of Clan Battle. 

There are many good reasons to not Include T10 CV.

1. Small population: too few players can afford to play T10 CV. The CV econ is such that you have to stupidly spectacular results to break even. Look, I have 60% win rate in my shokaku, yet I still lost credit almost half the time. (Without premium) 

And One does not simply rent a T10 to get good in one... good luck for clans without good CV player....

2. Under T10 CV, especially Haku 422 or 233, the amount of spotting and strike power is such that any DD without def fire is asking to get rekt. Team without  air control will be forced to blob up and loss control of caps and position rather quickly.

3. Cruisers will have a hard time disengaging due to air spotting and BB in general will have a field day with tons of target, good spotting and small strike potential from the CV. (Relative to the 233 Haku or 113 midway strikes in Random battle)

T10 CVs are balanced around 12vs12. Where the decision of Strike vs Air superiority is less obvious and surface fleet have enough AA to defend themselves. 

Now that I think about it, for a 7vs7 game, a Shokaku or Enterprise with T10/9 planes will be more reasonable for balance.

Players
63 posts
8,785 battles
On ‎26‎/‎09‎/‎2017 at 4:31 AM, waxx25 said:

CV is simply too strong for 7v7

CVs are powerless damage wise in a 7v7. The only targets for CVs are DDs without DFAA and over extended BBs in general. shame there's only one BB and it'll be a gearing (DFAA) spam. Even the spotting is majorly limited due to tiny detection ranges (air) and massive 8.6km AA ranges. It's purely a matter of cancelling out the enemy CV :/

In randoms I agree CVs are very strong, but that's because of potato BBs and shimas, khabas, all the droppable stuff :3

[YARRR]
Beta Tester
6,990 posts
13,493 battles
1 hour ago, Sea_viper said:

1. Small population

You will be able to rent T10 ships.

And quite frankly, after they fixed the economy I never had problems with earnings in high tier CVs.

In competitive play players already move in groups and support each other because, unlike the majority of players in random, they are not idiots. A CV rarely, if ever, gets a successful strike off in competitive play and is thus a negligible threat.

DD selection is limited anyway, CVs have very little influence on that (as viable choices remain viable and terrible choices will still be terrible). In fact, lack of CVs ironically makes DDs more worthless.

Smokes still exist and there are cruisers on T10 that have AA close or, in the case of Mino, far exceeding their air spotting range.

T10 CVs are balanced around 12vs12. Where the decision of Strike vs Air superiority is less obvious and surface fleet have enough AA to defend themselves. 

Yeah, no. In randoms you go strike or you go home. AS is worthless and the easiest setup to outplay, balanced is perhaps ok for Midway.

On the other hand in competitive you only go AS. And, ironically, in competitive Midway vs Haku is actually pretty balanced, making it a tactical decision.

Now that I think about it, for a 7vs7 game, a Shokaku or Enterprise with T10/9 planes will be more reasonable for balance.

Literally no reason to do that.

Honestly it sounds like you have never seen how the competitive side of WoWs looks like (since, you know, almost everything you've written is straight up wrong). Just watch this

followed up by any match played in a recent tournament.

It should however be noted that the tournament format is 9vs9. You are right in one aspect, 7vs7 is too small of a number to include CVs, but that has nothing to do with AA coverage and more with availability of tactics and diversity of such. 7vs7 already limits these by virtue of low ship numbers, but having a CV in there would narrow them down even further. This doesn't mean that CVs are bad or overpowered, far from it in fact, but that 7vs7 is simply a horrible setup for competitive play.

[SCRUB]
Players
2,666 posts
7,223 battles

I have very mixed feeling about this. Let them test it trough.

Sign in to follow this