Rheneaus

Henri IV Secondary Build

• You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

89 posts in this topic

Hi all, first time typer on the forum, i have been playing WOWS since open beta. After successfully getting my 19 point captain on my Henri IV, i've been trying a few configurations to get the most out of the ship, mostly specking it out to improve range, turret rotation and AA. I've found that later in the game when i've managed to save half my health pool up i like to engage at close range using my speed and manouverability to dodge shells, and using the torpedoes to cut the majority of the health off or act as a deterrant.  

After playing a load of games in a row mostly hunting down destroyers and getting frustrated at the Henri's slow reload speed, i noticed something. Of all the tier 10 cruisers in the game the Henri shares the joint best secondaries with the des moine at 6x2 127mm guns. The Zao has its 100mm with a fire chance of 6%, the Hindenburg similarly has 105mm's with a fire chance of 5%, The Moskva has the least guns with only 4x2 130mm with a fire chance of 8% and the minotaur has none. However, the Des Moines fire chance on its secondaries is only 5%! The Henri has instead 6x2 127mm guns with a fire chance of 9%. 

So my question i pose to you all, is whether for the last 4 points on my Captain i could instead take manual secondaries as a viable option, rather than distributing the points to improve, AA and fire chance. 

Just as some more information my modules are Main armaments Mod. Aiming system mod. gun fire control system 2 mod. Engine boost mod. steering gear mod. and concealment mod.

And my Skills at this moment are expert loader, expert marksmen, Adrenaline rush (to compensate for the slower reload), Basic fire training, superintendant, concealment expert and obviously manual secondaries.

Would love to here some opinions on this load out and whether i'm wasting my time and could instead use an even better build?

Notser approves

Edit: Seriously though.. no, no, no and no. 

IMO a decent build for the HIV would be:

Priority target

Adrenaline rush

Superintendent

Concealment

AFT

Demolition Expert

Expert marksman

1 person likes this

Secondaries on a cruiser with torps (and any cruiser at that) is just so ridiculously stupid it isn't even worth devoting braincells to selecting the skills

10 minutes ago, wesley10x said:

Secondaries on a cruiser with torps (and any cruiser at that) is just so ridiculously stupid it isn't even worth devoting braincells to selecting the skills

There was a youtuber who used an secondary build on Roon.

Give the guy a break, its his first post ...

Am currently trying out this setup on my Henry 

*Preventive maintenence

*Expert marksman

*Torpedo expert - *Basic firing training - *Superintendent - *Demolition expert

*Concealment expert

*Main armament

*AA mod 2

*Main battery mod 3

*Stearing mod 1 & 3

*Damage Control mod 2

As I see it mobility is vital With this ship so i dropped concealment mod in favor of keeping Control of the steering ... this is not a build for sailing in a straight line ;-)

1 minute ago, 22cm said:

There is a youtuber for everything, doesn't mean it's good :cap_popcorn:

1 minute ago, Commander_Cornflakes said:

There is a youtuber for everything, doesn't mean it's good :cap_popcorn:

He was a CC or whatever, I don t remember the name.

3 minutes ago, Ulvesnutepostei said:

Give the guy a break, its his first post ...

ok ill give him a break .....

3 minutes ago, Ulvesnutepostei said:

Am currently trying out this setup on my Henry 

*Preventive maintenence

*Expert marksman

*Torpedo expert - *Basic firing training - *Superintendent - *Demolition expert

*Concealment expert

.....your build is terrible!

1 minute ago, Gojuadorai said:

.....your build is terrible!

Its a work in progress ...

Obviously i don't consider it a particularly competative load out, but having noticed its secondaries have this massive advantage, just seems like sense to improve upon them.

I mean its practically got a Atlanta strapped to it, with almost twice the fire chance 

6 minutes ago, Rheneaus said:

Obviously i don't consider it a particularly competative load out, but having noticed its secondaries have this massive advantage, just seems like sense to improve upon them.

ok since you try.... i gues i try too....

youre geting the boat completely wrong (i dont know how you can having played 9 other tiers of french cruiser but ill try and supress that issue for the moment)

the henri wants to kite, the henri is born to kite.

its armor sucks outside from special situations, youre fast and have range.

your DPM is terrible, you have few torps so what on earth leads you on to belive it would do well as close quaters combat boat?

if your in a henri get a flank and annoy the [edited]out of enemies and occasionaly hunt down a DD  (ofc any radar cruiser could do this mroe effective but you gotta play the cards your dealt)

also your guns alow you to camp islands and you speed to change map side quickly (its not fast to yolo into enemies) so strategic thinking is required....

Well, considering it s the worst tier 10 cruiser right now, you can do whatever build on it....

Just now, 22cm said:

Well, considering it s the worst tier 10 cruiser right now, you can do whatever build on it....

well its the worst but it is fun (imho verry), and played well its not THAT bad 

1 minute ago, Gojuadorai said:

ok since you try.... i gues i try too....

youre geting the boat completely wrong (i dont know how you can having played 9 other tiers of french cruiser but ill try and supress that issue for the moment)

the henri wants to kite, the henri is boren to kite.

its armor sucks outside from sperial situations, youre fast and have range.

your DPM is terrible, you have few torps so what on earth leads you on to belive it would do well as close quaters combat boat?

if your in a henri get a flank and annoy the [edited]out of enemies and occasionaly hunt down a DD  (ofc any radar cruiser could do this mroe effective but you gotta play the cards your dealt)

also your guns alow you to camp islands and you speed to change map side quickly (its not fast to yolo into enemies) so strategic thinking is required....

well for starters, the only other ship like it is the Moskva, and the moskva doesn't have torpedoes, so there's no option to get up close and personal. Secondly these are the seocnd largest calibre cruiser guns in the game, meaning citadel-ling Yamatos at close range is piss. Third, your getting the speed thing completely wrong, yes its excellent at kiting, but what it makes it really good at is chasing down ships, doding shells and launching those torps

1 person likes this

55 minutes ago, Gojuadorai said:

well its the worst but it is fun (imho verry), and played well its not THAT bad 

Also the least played.. there must be something wrong with it.

24 minutes ago, Rheneaus said:

well for starters, the only other ship like it is the Moskva, and the moskva doesn't have torpedoes, so there's no option to get up close and personal. Secondly these are the seocnd largest calibre cruiser guns in the game, meaning citadel-ling Yamatos at close range is piss. Third, your getting the speed thing completely wrong, yes its excellent at kiting, but what it makes it really good at is chasing down ships, doding shells and launching those torps

https://eu.warships.today/player/527417080/Rheneaus

https://eu.warships.today/player/531536524/Gojuadorai

fatality_logo_mk_9_by_barakaldo-d3f7n4x.

sry today im an [edited].....

Be nice guys.

But yeah, no. The crux of the issue is two-fold -- you don't really want to be forced to play so close anyway. And any secondary build needs to build on really good baseline secondaries, and the CA/CL secondaries are at best lacklustre.

Hypothetically, if there was a radar cruiser with such long-range secondaries that they'd ~cover the radar range, and had really good secondary fire volume too, maybe then. But such a beast doesn't exist.

I run Belfast with BFT+AFT because it's a Warspite-dedicated captain, and the secondaries are occasionally nice when hunting DD's. But overall the range is just too short.

50 minutes ago, 22cm said:

Worst in what ? I consider HIV to be one of the best T10 cruisers out there. The flexibility and firepower are exceptional.

As for the build questions .. Go for a mix of AA and Demo and happily kite away while being nearly untouchable by anything.

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Corvi said:

Worst in what ? I consider HIV to be one of the best T10 cruisers out there. The flexibility and firepower are exceptional.

As for the build questions .. Go for a mix of AA and Demo and happily kite away while being nearly untouchable by anything.

Worst WR, battles played.

I don't have a Henry but for anything to be a viable secondary platform the #1 prerequisite is the ability to tank a huge amount of damage which no Cruiser can do...

That's pretty much the end of the discussion as far as I'm concerned :Smile_hiding:

1 person likes this

37 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

I don't have a Henry but for anything to be a viable secondary platform the #1 prerequisite is the ability to tank a huge amount of damage which no Cruiser can do...

That's pretty much the end of the discussion as far as I'm concerned :Smile_hiding:

Hiya, yeah i completely agree that that applies for battleships (but why would any cruiser be brawling with bbs anyway, haha), but i only came up with this idea when brawling and chasing down DDs, i'm not trying to get in a slug contest with a yamato, i'm just trying to kill dds and some cruisers faster, and this looked like an interesting option.