Nechrom

Kii in the shop

• You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

101 posts in this topic

What on earth is that silly camo meant to be!?!

I'm giving the slightly remixed Amagi a miss I think. I very much doubt the torps make a difference in most games, neither would the AA. 

It's nice to see a Prem that isn't straight up better than the tech tree ship I guess.

1 person likes this

Yet another clone of an existing ship which is overall weaker than it silver counterpart.

Torps on a BB that can sit back at 20 km ain't going to be to much use, slightly better AA and armour for loss of range, torpedo damage mitigation and speed.

Think I will stick with my Amagi as this seems to be yet another money grab by WG for a slightly improved cash earning ship.

Picked her up :-) 

Not interested in the anime stuff though. It only sucks that the anime camo has benefits the one doesn't have.

1 person likes this

Hehe yeah, I just bought back all the old IJN ships I had already sold off just to occupy of all the anime chicks inhabiting my Captain reserves. So now my Teryu captain appears to be a stuffed Psycho-Teddybear-thingy who keeps on chiming in at every opportunity. But I learned to ignore him most of the time (though it is somewhat odd). :cap_wander:

Not planning to buy Kii though, perhaps Mutsu later (since it actually existed and stuff). perhaps Atago, if ever it will be on sale but mostly I feel that enough BB's already and so plan just to wait until something actually interesting like Tone might appear in the shop. Though I am getting older...:cap_old:

26 minutes ago, Dr_Strangefruit said:

Yet another clone of an existing ship which is overall weaker than it silver counterpart.

Are you really crying that WG is making too many weak premiums ( weaker as silver ships )....

:Smile_facepalm:  

6 people like this

36 minutes ago, mtm78 said:

Are you really crying that WG is making too many weak premiums ( weaker as silver ships )....

:Smile_facepalm:  

Nope not crying at all just stating that the ships worse than the Amagi which existed.

That and the amine camos awful lol

Well yeah, but then again Amagi was completed, as a carrier in the end so the entire discussion is rendered kinda pointlessly academical there. :cap_popcorn:

On the positive side, noone can accuse this of being pay-to-win so it's all good as far as I am concerned.:cap_like:

3 people like this

1 hour ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Picked her up :-) 

Not interested in the anime stuff though. It only sucks that the anime camo has benefits the one doesn't have.

Wish they added a normal camo option with the anime one as well.

1 hour ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

The anime camo has benefits the one doesn't have.

Better torpedo beats?

15 minutes ago, aboomination said:

Better torpedo beats?

I think some kind of Xp boost but forgot the percentage

2 minutes ago, Sonic_157 said:

Hey guys.

Anyone care to make a mini review of it? Is it worth buying?

I don't own one but the TLDR is an Amagi clone with weaker armour and a weaker torpedo belt but with much better AA. Also has 6km torps in her tail. Otherwise the same.

2 people like this

A bit underwhelming camo... Looked pretty much just like average down-to-earth Japanese camo to me (ok, so there's xp boost but otherwise).

I fully expected something that looks like a green Panda-bear with a Tutu and a pink umbrella singing Kannaduki no miko or something...  :Smile_sad:

3 minutes ago, Sonic_157 said:

Hey guys.

Anyone care to make a mini review of it? Is it worth buying?

Later hopefully as I only quickly bought her before work.

Picked her up because she looks better than the bastardized Amagi but will play more or less similar. Need her as a trainer & captain XP farmer as T6 Mutsu doesn't generate enough XP due to the tier.

The camo is the typical WG-Japanese green mix and her superstructure is actually made rather than cheap copy paste from other ships like this Amagi-Clown.

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, Dr_Strangefruit said:

Torps on a BB that can sit back at 20 km ain't going to be to much use, slightly better AA and armour for loss of range, torpedo damage mitigation and speed.

Think I will stick with my Amagi as this seems to be yet another money grab by WG for a slightly improved cash earning ship.

It isnt KIIs armor dpnt work compared to amagi. Nor do the guns seems to have much penetrating power.

In my eyes the issue with this deal is that they basically lock the camo behind the most expensive bundle. Kii might be a good ship or not. I can't tell anything about it and I honestly don't know if she is worth the amount of money they want for her.

But if we compare Asia with EU... Then I see kinda something that I honestly don't really like.

46€ Bundle on EU:

• Kii & Portslot

And the 70€ Bundle on EU:

• Kii & Portslot
  • Doubloons: 8,000;
  • 50×Equal Speed Charlie London;
  • 50×Zulu Hotel;
  • 15×x3 XP for a Victory missions;
  • 50×India Delta;
  • 50×Papa Papa.

Meanwhile on the ASIA portal we get a camo bundle for ~52€.

Content:

• Kii & Portslot
  • Doubloons: 1,000;
  • Mission for Makoto Kobayashi Camo;
  • 15×x3 EXP battle mission for Kii.

Which is a good thing for those that wanna have the Ship only with the camo. For 6€ more then the cheapest EU bundle you get 15 x3 Missions, 1k doubs and the camo. (1k doubs are around 3.75€).

Thats in my eyes the biggest Issue I have with the Kii release on EU. I don't think that locking a camo behind a 100€ Bundle is a good thing to do.

Yes, WG needs money to operate but I'm now basically thinking about not buyng the ship rather then actually buying it. Just due to the bad design of the packages.

Adding one Bundle which might be a bit more expensive, with a mission for the Camo would actually be a kinda nice thing to have. And it wouldn't mean the end for WG as well.

And when I look at it from an objective point of view then I do not really understand why this wasn't done from the get go. And when I think back towards the Gamescom Q&A with the question about treating every server equally... You might guess where I wanna go with that.

5 people like this

Too bad the store looks like this

2ihnyjd.png