_Caution_BraincellNr2

MM rant(i think)

  • You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

23 posts in this topic

Right, i just post this here, so i get it out of my system.

Who on earth thought being the only T6 cruiser in a T8 heavy battle is good MM ?????!!!! Was playing with the Molotov, got shot at twice and had 40HP remaining.. and no, didn't sail straight lines or constant speed. I did 400 damage to a DD, that's all. not the first time i get this kind of crap MM with that ship. I'm so done with that horror that people call MM (T8 mm is also terrible, times i got in a normal MM with the Atago for example are rare). This is the second time i just Alt-Tab and close the game in the task manager. First one was with 3rd epicenter battle on tears of the desert in a row. I just can't get how WG keeps this kind of 'MM' in their game. it's been like this for ages now.. i know change take time etc. and i'm no programmer, so i don't know how easy or hard it is to get it back to normal behavior. But i don't think it takes as long as this mess has been going on. What a fuckup.. i'm just going to cool down a bit and maybe give it another go later tonight, but for now i'm done with this crap. Sorry for the team, but a Molotov on 40 HP isn't going to do crap anyway. Well, that helped a bit, i'm going to play a game that actually gives players a fair chance.


1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You think its bad right now?

in early versions of the game the MM spread was +/- 3 tiers, you haven't seen true terror until you face a t10 battleship in your teeny tiny itty bitty t7 ship and get deleted with overpens.

Closing the game just because you get the worst matchmaking possible for your ship is extremely douchy and you should be ashamed of yourself.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, wesley10x said:

You think its bad right now?

in early versions of the game the MM spread was +/- 3 tiers, you haven't seen true terror until you face a t10 battleship in your teeny tiny itty bitty t7 ship and get deleted with overpens.

Closing the game just because you get the worst matchmaking possible for your ship is extremely douchy and you should be ashamed of yourself.

I know, and i am.

To late to fix now unfortunately. Can't defend it, can't make it right either. Only thing i can do is try being a better person in the future with this.

Somehow someones other thread did put it in perspective on how important (or not important) it is.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ItsTheShip said:

I know, and i am.

To late to fix now unfortunately. Can't defend it, can't make it right either. Only thing i can do is try being a better person in the future with this.

Somehow someones other thread did put it in perspective on how important (or not important) it is.

Here's a tip use any advantage too outplay the enemy.

Sitting behind islands, using speed as your a cruiser you should be faster and abusing your better maneuverability to sit at your max range and constantly spam HE shells.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Being bottom tier sucks for sure, but there is also someone on enemy team in the same situation. And you never know what game brings. Yeah it is not very funny to have most of your health rendered obsolete in one salvo, but the same can happen to you even if you sailed in Chapayev and RNG choose so.

 

It is also very good opportunity to play 100% support role (and free ticket to camp at the back :Smile_trollface: )


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Skyllon said:

even if you sailed in Chapayev

 

EVEN in chapayev

 

:Smile_amazed:


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wesley10x said:

You think its bad right now?

in early versions of the game the MM spread was +/- 3 tiers, you haven't seen true terror until you face a t10 battleship in your teeny tiny itty bitty t7 ship and get deleted with overpens.

Closing the game just because you get the worst matchmaking possible for your ship is extremely douchy and you should be ashamed of yourself.

 

Oh yeah, the good old days of fighting Iowas with a 13.5km range Fuso :cap_haloween:

 

But yeah, you are bound to get some bottom tier matches, and some top tier ones. They more or less balance each other out. Haven't seen people crying about being top tier tho :Smile_trollface:


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

 

Oh yeah, the good old days of fighting Iowas with a 13.5km range Fuso :cap_haloween:

 

But yeah, you are bound to get some bottom tier matches, and some top tier ones. They more or less balance each other out. Haven't seen people crying about being top tier tho :Smile_trollface:

He could just play t10 if he really hates being bottom tier.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hehe Yeah...Could be always worse. I have been in tier 4 match with a Mikasa AND I wasn't even the worst player in our team. Yeah, we lost of course. But you know:

Sith.jpg.03d265515ae2c8feeba69faa20afe160.jpg

There's no point in wallowing in it, do your best, die, go to port, take Valium or Pot (or whatever your poison is) - Try again...:cap_tea:


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Hehe Yeah...Could be always worse. I have been in tier 4 match with a Mikasa AND I wasn't even the worst player in out team. Yeah, we lost of course. But you know:

Sith.jpg.03d265515ae2c8feeba69faa20afe160.jpg

There's no point in wallowing in it, do your best, die, go to port, take Valium or Pot (or whatever your poison is) - Try again...:cap_tea:

 

Well, Mikasa in a tier 4 game is a different story, that['s a fail division right there :Smile_trollface: Unless you mean like waaaay back in the day when MM restrictions were quite different

 

and I like that meme haha, going to save that one


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yeah... IT was WAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY back when it was still possible even without a division... :cap_old: I didn't have any playmates in those days. :Smile_sad:

 

But I unintentionally managed a fail division recently and ended up in tier 8 game with a Graf Spee... But we won and I did manage to torp a Tirpiz (skill, of course - No luck) and survived the match so it doesn't necessarily qualify as a fail then.:cap_like:


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Somebody mentioned in another thread this one time (in beta) when he abused the divisioning mechanics to get his T2 Umikaze into a T10 match...

Apparently he did well!

(sorry if you're reading this, I'm not accrediting you because I don't remember when or where it was said)


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Captain_LOZFFVII said:

Somebody mentioned in another thread this one time (in beta) when he abused the divisioning mechanics to get his T2 Umikaze into a T10 match...

Apparently he did well!

(sorry if you're reading this, I'm not accrediting you because I don't remember when or where it was said)

Umikaze used to.do alright in beta in tier X.

 

Mostly because it could stealth torp, there was no such thing as radar and hydro didnt exist.

 

There was even a long running arguement as to if the isokaze (tier 4) was a better choice than shimakaze (tier 10) in tier 10 games just because of the torps per minute possible


1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

But yeah, you are bound to get some bottom tier matches, and some top tier ones. They more or less balance each other out.

 

Do they?

 

The way I see it is that the MM a ship receives is heavily influenced by the distribution of ships at higher tiers, if there are too few ships of a particular class at one tier then MM makes up the difference by drawing in ships from other (usually lower) tiers.

 

This is why the higher tier BB population is such a problem, the BB can look forward to spending a lot of their time as top tier ships whilst CA get constantly up-tiered to make up the numbers.  This then become a self-reinforcing effect, because being top tier makes BB more fun to play (thus even more BB appear) whilst being bottom tier makes CA even less fun to play leading to even fewer CA.


1 person likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Generally, T6 cruisers have a bad time because of T8 BBs pens, T6 DDs have a bad time because of the gap with T8 DDs and their access to the concealment upgrade.

T6 BBs However still can perform quite well in T8 MM (personal experience).

I would really love seeing WG to prioritize T6 BBs over DDs and CAs to fill T8 games.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, elblancogringo said:

Generally, T6 cruisers have a bad time because of T8 BBs pens, T6 DDs have a bad time because of the gap with T8 DDs and their access to the concealment upgrade.

T6 BBs However still can perform quite well in T8 MM (personal experience).

I would really love seeing WG to prioritize T6 BBs over DDs and CAs to fill T8 games.

Agree about the cruisers (ofc) but disagree about the DDs and BBs.

I think the destroyers can perform better when uptiered cause they still have the concealment to do their basic stuff (spot enemies, cap/contest cap, torping).

I feel far safer in a Gallant facing a Kagero that in a Queen Elizabeth facing a North Carolina.

Cheers


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Capra76 said:

 

Do they?

 

The way I see it is that the MM a ship receives is heavily influenced by the distribution of ships at higher tiers, if there are too few ships of a particular class at one tier then MM makes up the difference by drawing in ships from other (usually lower) tiers.

 

This is why the higher tier BB population is such a problem, the BB can look forward to spending a lot of their time as top tier ships whilst CA get constantly up-tiered to make up the numbers.  This then become a self-reinforcing effect, because being top tier makes BB more fun to play (thus even more BB appear) whilst being bottom tier makes CA even less fun to play leading to even fewer CA.

 

You feel like playing bottom tier all the time, because humans tend to remember the "bad" more than the "good", it's confirmation bias

And (as you can see if you check my stats) - I play a crapload of BBs, and no, they don't "often end up as top tier". Lmao I wish that would be the case, it's damn annoying to go up against people 2 tiers higher overmatching all the armour you thought you have.

 

And yes, they overall balance them out. There would be some exceptions that WG has shafted like the tier 5, but generally that's the case.


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/21/2017 at 10:33 PM, ItsTheShip said:

Right, i just post this here, so i get it out of my system.

Who on earth thought being the only T6 cruiser in a T8 heavy battle is good MM ?????!!!! Was playing with the Molotov, got shot at twice and had 40HP remaining.. and no, didn't sail straight lines or constant speed. I did 400 damage to a DD, that's all. not the first time i get this kind of crap MM with that ship. I'm so done with that horror that people call MM (T8 mm is also terrible, times i got in a normal MM with the Atago for example are rare). This is the second time i just Alt-Tab and close the game in the task manager. First one was with 3rd epicenter battle on tears of the desert in a row. I just can't get how WG keeps this kind of 'MM' in their game. it's been like this for ages now.. i know change take time etc. and i'm no programmer, so i don't know how easy or hard it is to get it back to normal behavior. But i don't think it takes as long as this mess has been going on. What a fuckup.. i'm just going to cool down a bit and maybe give it another go later tonight, but for now i'm done with this crap. Sorry for the team, but a Molotov on 40 HP isn't going to do crap anyway. Well, that helped a bit, i'm going to play a game that actually gives players a fair chance.

dude you are sooo right ... unfortunately too many ppl are smartas*** about the +/- 2T and there is no change in sight because of this. mm is clearly the biggest problem right now ... too many sh*t games that end way too quickly ... we get too many times to play a T7 ship in a T9 game, T6 in T8 ... T8 in T10 ... it is some sort of a holiday when we get same T mm ... i dont understand why +/-1T isnt implemented asap ... there are enough players to do it there is enough ship variety ...  dont see the problem :cap_look:   


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, elblancogringo said:

I would really love seeing WG to prioritize T6 BBs over DDs and CAs to fill T8 games.

 

Currently id say its the other way round. Imo BBs are usually the highest tiers because of the overpopulation of them. MM has to put them somewhere, so they are and will be top tier more often than the others. Especially T8 BBs have to be put somewhere as there are the most played ones, namely Bismarck and Tirpitz. Cant put them all in T9/10 Games coz there are enough BBs too, so they will be put with T6/T7 ships more likely.

 

13 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

And (as you can see if you check my stats) - I play a crapload of BBs, and no, they don't "often end up as top tier". Lmao I wish that would be the case, it's damn annoying to go up against people 2 tiers higher overmatching all the armour you thought you have.

 

Oh yes, like Cruiers dont get overmatched at the same or even higher tier than BBs :cap_fainting:Ofc with less HP and maybe not even a heal to get any health back.. Oh and btw, what are those 2 tier higher ships that can overmatch BB armor? BBs? :Smile_trollface:


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

 

You feel like playing bottom tier all the time, because humans tend to remember the "bad" more than the "good", it's confirmation bias

And (as you can see if you check my stats) - I play a crapload of BBs, and no, they don't "often end up as top tier". Lmao I wish that would be the case, it's damn annoying to go up against people 2 tiers higher overmatching all the armour you thought you have.

 

*sigh* @Capra76 is right on this one. If you would have a look at the servernumbers instead of blindly rageing you would see, that on T10 f.e. the numbers of matches played are in heavy favor of BBs. Cruisers are vastly outnumbered. So to fill those spots in the hightier matches, cruisers from lower Tiers. mosly T8, as that tier has a high number of Cruiser-matches played compare to other classes. Again, look it up. Btw: you admit it in your own post, that BBs are hightier, or who else do you talk about here?

 

15 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Lmao I wish that would be the case, it's damn annoying to go up against people 2 tiers higher overmatching all the armour you thought you have.

 

DDs or CLs with +2 Tier to you overmatching your bow? which one is it...


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, DFens_666 said:

 

Currently id say its the other way round. Imo BBs are usually the highest tiers because of the overpopulation of them. MM has to put them somewhere, so they are and will be top tier more often than the others. Especially T8 BBs have to be put somewhere as there are the most played ones, namely Bismarck and Tirpitz. Cant put them all in T9/10 Games coz there are enough BBs too, so they will be put with T6/T7 ships more likely.

 

 

Oh yes, like Cruiers dont get overmatched at the same or even higher tier than BBs :cap_fainting:Ofc with less HP and maybe not even a heal to get any health back.. Oh and btw, what are those 2 tier higher ships that can overmatch BB armor? BBs? :Smile_trollface:

 

A cruiser has this thing called MOBILITY. They actually can dodge incoming shells and kite like most BBs can't. And the majority of cruisers are way smaller than BBs meaning BBs are likely to get hit with more shells. As a BB you simply take the hit. And that's not even the point, the point was his bogus claim of "BBs are always top tier" lol


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ForlornSailor said:

*sigh* @Capra76 is right on this one. If you would have a look at the servernumbers instead of blindly rageing you would see, that on T10 f.e. the numbers of matches played are in heavy favor of BBs. Cruisers are vastly outnumbered. So to fill those spots in the hightier matches, cruisers from lower Tiers. mosly T8, as that tier has a high number of Cruiser-matches played compare to other classes. Again, look it up. Btw: you admit it in your own post, that BBs are hightier, or who else do you talk about here?

 

 

DDs or CLs with +2 Tier to you overmatching your bow? which one is it...

 

and tier 10 is the best example for the fact that tier 10 BBs are always top tier, must be some broken MM :Smile_trollface:

 

jsut because CAs are outnumbered doesn't mean that it's in BB favor. Most of those BBs are potatoes about whom you can wonder how the hell did they get to tier 10. Of course tier 10 BBs are strong, they are supposed to be. And of course a cruiser is going to underperform against a BB, that's the "rock paper scissors" idea in the game. And if you go by how often ships are played I wouldn't be surprised to see that DDs are played more than CAs aswell.

 

And how the f**k I admit that "BBs are always high tier"? Was it the part where I said I play my BB against a player 2 tiers higher? Guess what, there are also CAs, DDs and CVs that are those 2 tiers higher if you haven't noticed. DDs and CAs just wreck your bottom tier "armour" with their HE and fire rate. Or torps if they manage to hit you with those.

 

Don't even pretend that there never are any other ships apart from BBs who are top tier


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ahh the time where u could fail division. and end up vs t10 with a t6 new mexico :D


Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.