Marlekin

WG intends clan battles as tier 10 only?

• You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

19 posts in this topic

Hey,

Just going about my evening, scrolling through the latest Q&A and noticed:

"clan battles in the very near future (0.6.12 or 0.6.13), 7v7 @ T10, is wanted to be high end game play ‘best of the best’

.. and this probably ruined my evening. Finally, after a few years Warships gets an added teambattle mode and now WG drops the bomb and tells us its going to be tier 10 only. Now, I'm leading a clan with a lot of casual players, most having mid tiers and some having higher ups. A few have tier 10, but those are typically the ones with a premium skin on their tier 10 or running premium account to avoid credit losses. As a clan, we are really looking forward to finally having something else to do than just making 3-man divisions and trying to get in the same battle. I was really betting on the new clanbattles having atleast a tier 6 bracket, like we see in World of Tanks Stronghold. World of Tanks has teambattle option available at tier 6, 8 AND 10! Why is this game mode only coming for tier 10?! Tier 6 is even pretty balanced-ish.. certainly compared to tier 10 where the only BB that matters these days is the Conqueror. Even their own Q&A mentions that the tier 10 landscape isnt even the kind of gameplay they want for this game mode! 

This makes no sense! Please WG, dont do this! 

:'( 

1 person likes this

The latest Q&A's are held on this forum, not that blog. Stop trying to advertise it, Sebas should get a new hobby instead asking ST to translate for his leaks :Smile_facepalm:  

2 people like this

Thats way besides the point, but thanks anyway. I'll check out that topic. Seems like it more up to date anyway. 

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Marlekin said:

Thats way besides the point

Probably from your context it is. From mine it's not, that blog has posted articles about news he got from this forum, and then we gotten goons opening topics about the article ffs like we should direct more traffic it :cap_popcorn: Or yeah, having RU leaks and not actually speaking RU, asking a RU speaking supertester to translate for him :Smile_facepalm: 

Uit nieuwsgierigheid, wie is dat in je avatar? 

1 minute ago, mtm78 said:

Sir Edward Pellew uit de Hornblower series

1 hour ago, mtm78 said:

An English actor, Robert Lindsay in the TV series Hornblower.

4 hours ago, Marlekin said:

Sir Edward Pellew uit de Hornblower series

Cause you like blowing the horn? :Smile_hiding:

1 person likes this

OOOH can't wait for 7v7 conqueror battles

All you sealclubbers better slap some fresh camo on your rusted T10 and practice.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, P2Win said:

All you sealclubbers better slap some fresh camo on your rusted T10 and practice.

Hopefully my silver nest egg is filled enough from all the sealclubbing. Don't want to buy permoflage! :cap_fainting:

edit:

Wait a minute... will the sealclubber now become the seal?!?

With regards to the topic, the content from FAP (Fe Armoured paTroll) is just the copy from the reddit write up that was done for the VoD (which is unfortunately no longer available). The thing here is, that apparently the devs see T10 as THE GO TO endgame content. And thus want to provide some more content for their endgame.

We'll see how it'll work out. 

Greetings

Since I never made it to rank one (unambitious potatö) I have never participated in Super League.

Maybe someone could share the experiences he made there?

Back then there was no Conqueror, but I think that impressions could at least give some sort of sneak preview.

1 hour ago, SeeteufeI said:

Since I never made it to rank one (unambitious potatö) I have never participated in Super League.

Back then there was no Conqueror, but I think that impressions could at least give some sort of sneak preview.

Never made it to R1 either dude, but from what I have read and heard those players that did :

1. Got so sick of Ranked that didnt care to play Super League

2. Waited so much time in queue (cause they were relatively few) for Super League , that just dropped it

3. Didnt find the rewards for participating in SL worth the time

This must be true for last Season more than others

I note again that is what I heard from friends that made it to R1 and read on the internet. (my best is Rank 4, last Season)

Cheers

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, tank276 said:

Never made it to R1 either dude, but from what I have read and heard those players that did :

1. Got so sick of Ranked that didnt care to play Super League

2. Waited so much time in queue (cause they were relatively few) for Super League , that just dropped it

3. Didnt find the rewards for participating in SL worth the time

This must be true for last Season more than others

I note again that is what I heard from friends that made it to R1 and read on the internet. (my best is Rank 4, last Season)

Cheers

Thanks, yeah, thinking a second time about it I can imagine how long the queuing time was.

5110 made it to rank one according to WG, not many players to get the matches full.

Greetings

1 person likes this

4 hours ago, SeeteufeI said:

Super League was somewhere that had pure shizzles and giggles. 

Most of those who got it did not take it seriously one little bit, it was just there for fun or for 7v7 DD's torpedo lance tournaments. I actually think most self respecting clans aren't going to be abusing ridiculously powerful ships like the Conqueror in these new Clan Battles either. 

In any case, I am severely disappointed in Wargaming that, yet again, they've made this new mode something many players will not have proper access to. I'm in a clan where the players have hundreds of thousands of battles between them, yet very few of us have a wide selection of tier 10's. I only have two despite having almost 5000 games, neither of which are really suitable for competitive play. I have access to but never bought a third which also isn't really suitable. Tier 10's are not exactly cheap either. I would far rather this mode was to be at the very most tier 9. 

2 people like this

3 hours ago, Reaper_JackGBR said:

In any case, I am severely disappointed in Wargaming that, yet again, they've made this new mode something many players will not have proper access to. I'm in a clan where the players have hundreds of thousands of battles between them, yet very few of us have a wide selection of tier 10's. I only have two despite having almost 5000 games, neither of which are really suitable for competitive play. 

giphy.gif

1 person likes this

While I would be interested in joining a clan and doing clan battles, I currently have no intention of owning any of the current batch of T10's. My experience of top tier games has come with mostly T8 ships and I'm more than happy to participate in those games in them. So why not make clan battles for T8-T10 ships with each side restricted to set numbers of T8, T9 & T10 ships? that would actually be fairer than the current random MM where more than once I've been the sole T8 on both teams

What they should have done, in my opinion, is to instead make it so that each team has to have a distribution of T8-T10 ships in each team. A team might have a budget of 65 tiers or so to spread across their 7 ships on the team, meaning that they will have to bring a few T9s and T8s to make up the numbers.

This would make it far more accessible for clans as they don't need a full roster of T10s (they would only need a few T10s to form the core of a team), more players can join in and we would even see much more variety in the battles as there will be triple the number of potential ships to choose from. If the premiums in the other tiers cause problems, they could simply ban all non-silver ships from the mode.

44 minutes ago, RamirezKurita said:

What they should have done, in my opinion, is to instead make it so that each team has to have a distribution of T8-T10 ships in each team. A team might have a budget of 65 tiers or so to spread across their 7 ships on the team, meaning that they will have to bring a few T9s and T8s to make up the numbers.

This would make it far more accessible for clans as they don't need a full roster of T10s (they would only need a few T10s to form the core of a team), more players can join in and we would even see much more variety in the battles as there will be triple the number of potential ships to choose from. If the premiums in the other tiers cause problems, they could simply ban all non-silver ships from the mode.

This would perhaps work with ship locking which should make sure each clan has to cycle through it's roster as ships which were destroyed in battle get locked for X amount of time.