Teob_VG

A Conqueror looked at me...

• You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

44 posts in this topic

So a Conqueror looked my way and I got so excited that I simply blew up... 

But seriously, can we at least get detonated only when shells actually hit us, please? I mean no shells landed on me whatsoever. They didn't even look that close!

1g4qjtl.jpg

13 people like this

Think positively, you didn't detonate from 100% hp.

2 people like this

You do realise glorious british HE shells are so good they cause ships to die when they leave the gun barrel.

Joking aside WG will nerf the conqueror one way or another, everyone complains its OP and be honest WG is dumb most of the time but they're not this dumb

well, it's not exactly a new "fun and engaging feature", and neither is it in any way tied to the Conqueror (we've seen screeshots of this happening from much smaller caliber HE). Not that that makes it a better feature in any way...

Not like detonation is a good feature anyway

1 person likes this

yeah this wasn't a dig at the Conq - I am still on the fence about it.

This was more about getting detonated when a shell doesn't hit you. I mean yes, I get taking dmg from the splash but getting outright detonated seems a bit harsh to me.

1 person likes this

3 minutes ago, Teob_VG said:

yeah this wasn't a dig at the Conq - I am still on the fence about it.

This was more about getting detonated when a shell doesn't hit you. I mean yes, I get taking dmg from the splash but getting outright detonated seems a bit harsh to me.

I used to be on the side of the pro-detonations, for my sins: yes they are realistic, even a near miss by HE should/could cause one against weakly armoured ships (splinters as well as blast, why splinter decks/protection was added to most warships that had the capacity to take them). 

But it is harsh for a game, too harsh.

Tbh I had like 20 detonations for whole year or so....

They are not that often and I like that surprise effect from time to time... (even if i broke last keyboard because of this :P)

1 person likes this

Just now, Boris_MNE said:

Tbh I had like 20 detonations for whole year or so....

They are not that often and I like that surprise effect from time to time... (even if i broke last keyboard because of this :P)

I had 2 in a row yesterday. So your mileage may vary.

Just now, Teob_VG said:

I had 2 in a row yesterday. So your mileage may vary.

I do see that you have 8k battles so I wont question your game knowledge, maybe just bad luck?

Just now, Boris_MNE said:

I do see that you have 8k battles so I wont question your game knowledge, maybe just bad luck?

It depends a lot on the ships you play.

I mostly main DDs which do seem to get detonated a lot more than the other 2 classes.

But of course, getting detonated twice in a row is bad luck.

I am only slightly annoyed at getting detonated without actually being hit. I don't even know if there's a historical basis for that. Like, if a ship ever went boom from splash damage.

I honestly lol'd 

And to say that I felt unlucky playing a Lex in an exclusively tier10 battle earlier...
You win !

33 minutes ago, Teob_VG said:

It depends a lot on the ships you play.

I mostly main DDs which do seem to get detonated a lot more than the other 2 classes.

But of course, getting detonated twice in a row is bad luck.

Hey, I got detonated twice in a row too. With a Scharnhorst if that makes you feel better.

I got detonated in my kurfurst then next game i got detonated aswell, i hate forgetting the flags

I was there. On the opposing team. Knowing how good OP is and having seen him make a mistake in the previous game which got him killed I knew he would be a tough cookie to deal with on the opposing team. Sacrifices to RNGsus were made... (the double citadel from nowhere on his div mate was helpful too...)

all praise rngsus

but seriously, detonations from splash damage are a little hard to explain as a sensible mechanic. 

I was there. On the opposing team. Knowing how good OP is and having seen him make a mistake in the previous game which got him killed I knew he would be a tough cookie to deal with on the opposing team. Sacrifices to RNGsus were made... (the double citadel from nowhere on his div mate was helpful too...)

all praise rngsus

but seriously, detonations from splash damage are a little hard to explain as a sensible mechanic. 

Also why do dds detonate more than anything else. That's hardly fair or good game design 

1 person likes this

57 minutes ago, Admiral_noodle said:

all praise rngsus

haha! and the match after the one in the picture, I got detonated in my Akizuki.

3 games that I'd rather forget. My team mate was stunned as was I because on my screen the conq shells landed a full ship length away from me. I think that's when he took the citadels.

Living proof that when RNGesus is pissed off with you, you will have a bad time. 

1 person likes this

1 hour ago, SHDRKN4792 said:

Hey, I got detonated twice in a row too. With a Scharnhorst if that makes you feel better.

i once detonated twice in a single battle :Smile_trollface:

20 hours ago, robihr said:

i once detonated twice in a single battle :Smile_trollface:

Ingame and of frustration IRL? :Smile_trollface:

21 hours ago, Admiral_noodle said:

Detonations in their entirity are hard to explain as a sensible mechanic.

A sensible representation if this were a somewhat realistic simulation, that I could understand. But this game is none of that and as a game mechanic it's nothing short of sabotaging its own game's balance with random onehit KOs.

That's like as if the balancing team of the WoWs developers spend all their time trying to balance different ship classes and different lines of the same classes against one another, only for someone to randomly pitch the idea of "You know what would be great? Let's throw in randomized OHKOs, balance be damned!".

Then again, lately I've been getting a lot of impressions that the devs really don't give a lot of damn about balance, so it would be consistent ...

2 people like this

23 hours ago, Tyrendian89 said:

well, it's not exactly a new "fun and engaging feature", and neither is it in any way tied to the Conqueror (we've seen screeshots of this happening from much smaller caliber HE). Not that that makes it a better feature in any way...

Well... there might be an affected nature to it though. As far as I know the RN BB HE (acronyms unite!) have a larger splash radius, hence are more likely to cause splash damage to the magazine on misses. The larger the radius the more chances you will get at a Detonation on the enemy (because more shells might have their splash cover the target in question). I haven't yet done any research into it, but a couple of offhand discussions with others does imply that RN BBs do tend to cause a lot more Detonations (though that would usually be from direct hits of course).

I got something in mind Wg said about fire not being RNG (% wise) .Maybe it is the same with detonations . Any way this could also be explain like this. What you see on your Screen actualy doesnt matter .What matters is what the Server does ( and sometimes it differes from what you see ) . I got Cit hitted by a Conquer with AP on the offside from him at the top Rim edge of my aftdeck even saw the Shell going right through . Never knew ther is a citadel located but....

As said you see something at Screen but ( and this happens sometimes ) is not what is realy Happening .

On 20/09/2017 at 3:42 PM, Teob_VG said:

So a Conqueror looked my way and I got so excited that I simply blew up... 

But seriously, can we at least get detonated only when shells actually hit us, please? I mean no shells landed on me whatsoever. They didn't even look that close!

1g4qjtl.jpg

Yammy has LOLpen
GKF has LOLarmor
Monty has LOLallround
Conq has LOLHE

I just broadsided a Minotaur in my conqueror with 10 hits - 0 citadels - RN AP is paper bullets, if you want a HE nerf, they need an AP buff

5 minutes ago, Reaper171 said:

Yammy has LOLpen
GKF has LOLarmor
Monty has LOLallround
Conq has LOLHE

I just broadsided a Minotaur in my conqueror with 10 hits - 0 citadels - RN AP is paper bullets, if you want a HE nerf, they need an AP buff

Dq7fvzI.png

The point went so over your head that I literally cringed reading your reply. 

Let me spell it out for you so it's super clear: the point is getting detonated without being hit. It happened to be a Conqueror but it could have been any boat.

It's meant to portray a situation that I found funny while also pointing out that getting detonated without even being hit is a bit brutal.

Sorry - when i see posts about RN BBs 99% of them are crying for nerfs so i didnt read.