PseudoMi

Will WG increase Missouri's price ?

• You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

80 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, SomeoneYouKnow2 said:

By boosting ship xp with flags and camos you also boost free xp.

This one should have been clear already since free exp comes off ship exp but meh...

Yes and a free xp boost camo mounted on a ship increase the percentage of the XP earned further..

Just now, hgbn_dk said:

Yes and a free xp boost camo mounted on a ship increase the percentage of the XP earned further..

I have compared my spreadsheet to actual results and it's accurate, barring any rounding that WG does (+/- 1 hardly matters here). Try it out for yourself. Or just take my word for it.

Just now, hgbn_dk said:

sorry but I don't accept files from strangers...

LoL yet you downloaded WoWs that's from strangers :Smile_teethhappy:

4 hours ago, hgbn_dk said:

How???? This do not make any sense at all. please explain me the exact calculation on this... +200% is still +200% unless they have changed the mathematically laws

Mouse over the free XP number in the credits and XP tab to see free xp breakdown to base and bonuses.

For standard account EARNED XP = BASE XP, for premium account EARNED XP = 1.5 * BASE XP

SHIP XP BONUSES

-After a battle, you earn a certain amount of EARNED XP based on your achievements. You can see this figure from team score sheet. All SHIP XP bonuses are announced as percentages of EARNED XP.

Example: You earn 1000 EARNED XP from battle. It is a first win on a +200% special weekend and you have 100% bonus from camo. Thus, the weekend bonus is 200 % of the base, 2000 XP, and camo bonus is 1000 XP. Thus, your TOTAL SHIP XP is given by = Earned XP + Ship bonuses = 1000 XP + 2000 XP + 1000 XP = 4000 XP. This TOTAL SHIP XP is the number shown on the first page of result screen. Thus

TOTAL SHIP XP = EARNED XP *(1+sum of ship xp bonuses),

where 100% bonus = 1.

FREE XP BONUSES

In addition to SHIP XP, your ship gains EARNED FREE XP. The amount of EARNED FREE XP is 5% of TOTAL SHIP XP (at least on defeat). In addition, you Free XP bonuses. The amount of experience gained from these bonuses is a percentage of FREE XP.  So, if you gain 500 EARNED FREE XP from battle,  a 200% free XP bonus is 1000 free XP. If there are no other bonuses, your TOTAL FREE XP = BASE FREE XP + BONUS FREE XP. Thus

TOTAL FREE XP = EARNED FREE XP*(1+sum of free xp bonuses)

= 0.05*TOTAL SHIP XP*(1+sum of free xp bonuses)

=0.05*EARNED XP *(1+sum of ship xp bonuses)*(1+sum of free xp bonuses),

where 100% bonus = 1.

Thus, you want to stack a lot of ship xp multipliers with a lot of free xp multipliers in order to increase to max the total free xp multiplier (1+sum of ship xp bonuses)*(1+sum of free xp bonuses) to gain the maximal amount of free xp from one battle. Thus, you get the best out of your free xp multipliers if the ship xp multiplier is high.

Example (Defeat, ship Shimakaze):

QUz69HYfR9uCJDdI2IQ6rw.jpg

I know free xp is 5% of the XP earned. IF your ship then is equipped with a stock type 5 camo you still get 5% Free XP , a reduction in chance get hit and a slight concealment bonus.  if your ship your ship is equipped with the New years camo which gives you +200% bonus on the Free XP which will be 1,5% total you lose the concealment and harder to hit bonus but that is all you lose, Right??? . How should putting on free xp bonus flags on top of that reduce the free XP??

Your argument is only valid combining other XP bonus camo's into the mix.

^^Don't bother with this guy. Everyone else either already know how it works or can find the information in this thread.

1 hour ago, hgbn_dk said:

I know free xp is 5% of the XP earned. IF your ship then is equipped with a stock type 5 camo you still get 5% Free XP , a reduction in chance get hit and a slight concealment bonus.  if your ship your ship is equipped with the New years camo which gives you +200% bonus on the Free XP which will be 1,5% total you lose the concealment and harder to hit bonus but that is all you lose, Right??? . How should putting on free xp bonus flags on top of that reduce the free XP??

The point here is that the total free XP multiplier bonus is (1+sum of ship xp bonuses)*(1+sum of free xp bonuses), so ship bonuses multiply. Let's look at my example game, I have 300% ship modifiers total and 1327% of Free XP modifiers total. Thus we get a  

TOTAL FREE XP MULTIPLIER = (1+3)*(1+13.27) = 57.08

=> Free XP = 57.08 * EARNED XP * 0.05

Let's say we use New Year's camo instead of Ocean Soul, this leads to 200% ship XP modifier and 1527% free XP modifier.

TOTAL FREE XP MULTIPLIER = (1+2)*(1+15.27) = 48.81

=> Free XP = 48.81 * EARNED XP * 0.05

The point here is that you tend to get bigger multiplier from other free XP bonuses, so it is better to put a ship xp-giving camo together with the free xp multipliers than a free xp camo, since that ship-xp giving camo boosts both your earned free xp and the free xp from various multipliers. Papa Papa, Ouroboros and Hydra are big multipliers, numerically bigger than what ship XP gets. If you have ship-xp giving camos, then you should use those together with free xp multipliers instead of the New Year's camo.

Let's agree to this.. Bonus is never multiply the percentage of the figure shown it is always plus... 200% first win bonus is XPx2 Plus the original XP figure

Free Xp is 5% of the ships XP plus read plus not multiply 200% from new year camo is another 10% to add = 15% free XP total so if you earned 1000XP in a battle non premium account you will get a total of 150 free XP without flags

Then you can add bonus flags on top of that...

Get my drift??

Once you accumulate enough Ship XP, it should be better to use the free XP camo again, but the breaking point is so high, that you normally would not reach it. 

(maybe +200% mission, +200% daily, and all available XP Signals will make the free XP camo better than +100% XP again) 

4 hours ago, hgbn_dk said:

Let's agree to this.. Bonus is never multiply the percentage of the figure shown it is always plus... 200% first win bonus is XPx2 Plus the original XP figure

Free Xp is 5% of the ships XP plus read plus not multiply 200% from new year camo is another 10% to add = 15% free XP total so if you earned 1000XP in a battle non premium account you will get a total of 150 free XP without flags

Then you can add bonus flags on top of that...

Get my drift??

-Ship XP bonuses are % of base XP. Those are added to base XP and that gives you the total ship XP. Essentially in your example 100%(base)+200%(first win) = 300% = base XP multiplier of 3.

-Free XP bonuses are % of free XP. Those are added to free XP and that gives you the total free XP.

-Base free XP is 5% of total ship XP. Total ship XP contains both base XP and ship XP bonuses. This is where that one multiplication comes from. Thus, if you have other free XP bonuses than that 200% from the New Year's camo, those will benefit from having a higher sum of ship XP bonus multipliers.

So, if you earn 1000 base XP and get a 200%  first win bonus, then you earn total of 3000 XP. 5% of that is 150 free XP. Now, add to that those 200% from New Year's camo free XP (2x150 free XP+150 XP) and you get 450 free XP from the game. That 200% first win bonus tripled your ship XP multiplier, and thus it also tripled your free XP. Thus, having a high ship XP multiplier makes your free XP multipliers stronger, you'll get more XP from Papa Papa, Ouroboros and such, while free XP multipliers don't make other free XP multipliers stronger. The point of stacking bonus free XP consumables together is so that they all benefit from that high regular ship XP multiplier from flags, camos and first win bonuses.

So use your regular ship XP multipliers to boost your free XP multipliers for optimal result. The exact combo you should use depends of what consumables you have a lot of, though.

If you divide the free XP I got from that example six kill Shima game with my computed multiplier of 57.08, then multiply by 20 to get 100%, you'll get the number 2745, which is only one off due to rounding, as the bonus XP amounts are calculated individually and added to each other and base XP. This causes different rounding errors than doing it more accurately with a single multiplication. Thus, I get 3 free XP more than what the calculation using the formula would predict, due to favourable rounding. So, in nutshell, the math I presented works and produces the correct result. If I had put on the New Year's camo instead of Ocean Soul, I would have gotten about 6697 free XP instead of the 7835 free XP that I got from that game.

10 hours ago, hgbn_dk said:

How???? This do not make any sense at all. please explain me the exact calculation on this... +200% is still +200% unless they have changed the mathematically laws

Makes total sense.

Let's say you have everything set up optimally, so without a camo you have 777%+300%+250% bonus to free XP and 100%+50%+50% bonus to XP. That's not counting first win bonus.

With no camo bonus a 1000 XP battle would net you 3000 XP and 1991 free XP

With 200% free XP camo a 1000 XP battle would net you 3000 XP and 2291 free XP

With 100% XP camo a 1000 XP battle would net you 4000 XP and 2654 free XP

Free XP scales directly off your XP, so you're adding 33,3% more XP (and consequently also 33,3% more free XP) instead of just adding 15% more free XP.

1 hour ago, Nechrom said:

Free XP scales directly off your XP, so you're adding 33,3% more XP (and consequently also 33,3% more free XP) instead of just adding 15% more free XP.

As I said already, this changes once you accumulate so much XP, that +100% XP will be less significant. 

2 minutes ago, Ofenkartoffel said:

As I said already, this changes once you accumulate so much XP, that +100% XP will be less significant. 

Which won't happen unless you run out of all free XP signal flags.

On 19.9.2017 at 11:59 AM, Leo_Apollo11 said:

BTW, can you please post some screenshots of the after game report (i.e. last tab = Credits & XP) so that players can see what to use (i.e. cammo & flags) the next time similar weekend happens?

Leo "Apollo11"

Attached screenshot to my older post. Just rough example what i gained per match, also note 1mill from mission.

1 person likes this

Hi all,

15 minutes ago, Guillotine said:

Attached screenshot to my older post. Just rough example what i gained per match, also note 1mill from mission.

Thanks! :Smile_Default:

BTW, nice results! :Smile_great:

Leo "Apollo11"

Hi all,

On 19. 09. 2017. at 11:27 AM, Guillotine said:

Battle hardened 100% xp 250% commander XP as camo.

Flags Equal charlie london, Papa papa, Zulu hotel, Red dragon, Hydra, Ourborous. Rest were required flags for each ship i played. 

With premium ( award for the anniversary event + operation and octoberfest )

I would say i avraged 10-12k free XP per game.

I played in division and got around 85-87% win rate over the weekend. I can check did i screen shot any of those results when i get home but i doubt it. :cap_look:

shot-17.09.16_12.13.58-0655.jpg

shot-17.09.16_12.14.05-0492.jpg

shot-17.09.16_12.14.15-0103.jpg

I put the data from @Guillotine into @SomeoneYouKnow2 SpreadSheet and got this (small differences due to rounding up):

g3Tz92o.png

Leo "Apollo11"

2 people like this

On 9/18/2017 at 6:33 PM, SomeoneYouKnow2 said:

This is from an exceptional game of course, on the other hand I didn't have all the free XP boosting flags since I had run out of ESCL and Papa Papa. I got about 3100 base XP. Assume 1500 base XP instead and with ESCL/Papa Papa it will come to almost 9000 free XP per game (with premium). How long do the games last? 15 minutes? Well you can figure out the rest.

Before this weekend started I had 35k free XP. I got 50k from a T-X super container. The rest I farmed by getting first win in my mid/high tier ships. Now I have 565k free XP. I didn't quite get to 750k over one weekend, but next time it's +100% or +200% I'll get there for sure. I have heaps of special signal flags and 100% camos left.

Do I think they should increase the price of Missouri? HELL NO! (at least not until I have it)

1500 base xp would give you 75 fxp. +50% premium, +300% and +777% flags and +200% camo -> 1070 fxp in that game. And generally you can get up to 3 games per hour (as if you die quickly enough to get 4 full games you wont get enough xp out of them). So as long as you have those New Year camos, premium acc, and enough of those flags AND average 1500 BASE xp -> at that rate you would earn enough for a Missouri in about 234 hours of gameplay (around 701 games with 701 of each flag and 701 of those camos). Yeah, that's going to take a while even if you somehow have enough of those consumables.

Just to get that maths further:

234h = 9 days 18 hours

If you play 10 hours a day: 24 days

If you play 8 hours a day: 30 days

If you play 6 hours a day: 39 days

If you play 4 hours a day: 59 days

If you play 2 hours a day: 117 days

Also that last part of your comment :Smile_trollface:

On 9/18/2017 at 4:38 PM, Ofenkartoffel said:

You should read up how freeXP allows stacking special flags and xp bonuses/missions. 

Got 15k freeXP from a single games by doing that. 

FreeXP is multiplied by the whole XP earned. 

And you of course have infinite supply of +300% and +777% flags and +200% camos?

I'm well aware of how free xp works, and just because you got a lot of it in ONE game doesn't mean you'll be able to keep it up long enough to earn 375k lmao

Even if you managed to get 15k each battle you played that would still take you 25 games. Good luck at that lol

2 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

And you of course have infinite supply of +300% and +777% flags and +200% camos?

I'm well aware of how free xp works, and just because you got a lot of it in ONE game doesn't mean you'll be able to keep it up long enough to earn 375k lmao

Even if you managed to get 15k each battle you played that would still take you 25 games. Good luck at that lol

I averaged about 10k+ free xp per game when I got first win on 200% weekend using all the flags. WG gave me 80 of each flags. I just didn't have enough time to grind all the needed free xp in one weekend so I have 44 of each flags left. Next time there is a 100% weekend (maybe next one?) I will use my New Year camos along with ESCL if I can spare any just to get rid of the last ones. This will get me closer to 750k. And when there is a 200% weekend again (Halloween?) I'll grind the remaining.

2 hours ago, wilkatis_LV said:

1500 base xp would give you 75 fxp. +50% premium, +300% and +777% flags and +200% camo -> 1070 fxp in that game. And generally you can get up to 3 games per hour (as if you die quickly enough to get 4 full games you wont get enough xp out of them). So as long as you have those New Year camos, premium acc, and enough of those flags AND average 1500 BASE xp -> at that rate you would earn enough for a Missouri in about 234 hours of gameplay (around 701 games with 701 of each flag and 701 of those camos). Yeah, that's going to take a while even if you somehow have enough of those consumables.

Just to get that maths further:

234h = 9 days 18 hours

If you play 10 hours a day: 24 days

If you play 8 hours a day: 30 days

If you play 6 hours a day: 39 days

If you play 4 hours a day: 59 days

If you play 2 hours a day: 117 days

Also that last part of your comment :Smile_trollface:

This calculation is wrong. You are not taking into account first win bonus and ship xp flags.