Sign in to follow this  
vikingw

Bad language/Bad behavior

33 comments in this topic

[FAITH]
Alpha Tester
38 posts

I'm beginning to be a bit concerned about the behavior and language some players might find acceptable in Wows. 

Those of you (including me) who's already active in WoT know how frustrating and annoying it is with so many players trash talking and behaving... well like pampered children.

I know WG take this matter very serious, but so far it has had no or very little effect in WoT. That is why I suggest a much more strict system in Wows. Hopefully the implementation of such a system would reduce these situtations

Getting kicked.
Getting fined in XP and credits.
Implement 3 strikes and out?

We also need a simple and easy system to report such behavior without having to remember ther players name (which often include letters and numbers).

I know this might seem drastic to some, but I find it necessary if we are not going to end up like the in game chat in WoT. 

An alternative idea would be to make another chat system where each player must apply and accept a chat request - in game. That way you can always close the chat and one member would no more be able to trash talk the entire team.

What do you think? - any bright ideas?

Edited by vikingw
  • Cool 2

[WG]
WG Staff, Alpha Tester
7,032 posts
2,442 battles

I think the report system in WoT is basically totally fine. The big problem on it is, that most of the players don't use it, because they think it is doing nothing, due to that others aren't using it and so on...

Regarding the chat: In WoT you can just turn it of, but I think it would be better to just be able to "locally mute/ignore" other players in the battle on the fly.

I have to say I don't know what you mean with the chat requests. Do you mean each player has to accept each other player's chat request on the start of a battle? That would be odd and more annyoing than helpful...

[COSTS]
Alpha Tester
3,692 posts
5,958 battles

I think the in game chat should be moderated. You just need to give a few sensible players the power to instantly chat ban people :rolleyes:

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
12 posts
1,644 battles

I'd rather see a report system for afk players at the moment.

More and more often you see them staying in base, being the last ship alive....if they want to be afk, they do not deserve to play a beta test, and after so and so many afk votes they should be kicked out of the beta, make room for some serious tester.
That right now is a bigger concern for me than some underaged people talking trash.

Beta Tester
18 posts
10,021 battles

I'm beginning to be a bit concerned about the behavior and language some players might find acceptable in Wows. 

Those of you (including me) who's already active in WoT know how frustrating and annoying it is with so many players trash talking and behaving... well like pampered children.

I know WG take this matter very serious, but so far it has had no or very little effect in WoT. That is why I suggest a much more strict system in Wows. Hopefully the implementation of such a system would reduce these situtations

Getting kicked.

Getting fined in XP and credits.

Implement 3 strikes and out?

We also need a simple and easy system to report such behavior without having to remember ther players name (which often include letters and numbers).

I know this might seem drastic to some, but I find it necessary if we are not going to end up like the in game chat in WoT. 

An alternative idea would be to make another chat system where each player must apply and accept a chat request - in game. That way you can always close the chat and one member would no more be able to trash talk the entire team.

What do you think? - any bright ideas?

I cant pass this post. I understand that some ppl really go far with insults, but on the other hand, over 70% in WoT doesn't have a clue how to play with a team. They do so many mistakes, u simply thing they are playing with enemy's. Players with over 20k games... Its like a bot is playing. And then normal players need to loose some steam. U have to let players to let the steam off. Im not supporting bad racist  or any other hard core insults but some trash talking should be allowed. After all its a game. In RL professional games ( football, basketball, hockey... ) u have trash talk. 

Do not destroy this. Players need to have some kind a freedom. And once again im not supporting racist talk or nationality hate talk.  But DO SUPPORT trash talk!

Alpha Tester
222 posts
419 battles

I'm yet to find any real trash talking or insulting or bad behavior - mb I'm just lucky.

I could consider every non-english message insulting but then again I only know two languages so that wouldn't be fair.

Beta Tester
38 posts
1,725 battles

I like the idea of a Mute certain Player/s system/function. Bring up the team lists, right click player name/s and Mute in game. I wouldn't want to spend every match with Chat off as it can sometimes come in use for info gathering.

Anyway something along those lines are probably for the best than getting a stream of slanting and letting it continue, it's an odd area to cover this topic :/

Edited by gamester12564

Alpha Tester
148 posts
3,388 battles

I totally agree with this post, after been in the alpha phase of this game and seeing what close and friendly community this game used to and can have.  Its completely surprised me the language people use on this game since beta.  If you screen shot the language and post it to the support team that's the best thing available at the minute.

• Cool 1

[XENON]
[XENON]
Alpha Tester
95 posts
5,028 battles

There are some topic about this...

It has been stated at the CBT's bagining  that all toxic behaviour (trash talking...) would not be alowed and imediately reported to support with screen-shots

it's TESTING the game so no "noob team" talking or so other insults in this test would be great (maybe a system of "yellow and red cards" would teach such toxic player/tester to change their behaviour...)

• Cool 1

[FAITH]
Alpha Tester
38 posts

I think the report system in WoT is basically totally fine. The big problem on it is, that most of the players don't use it, because they think it is doing nothing, due to that others aren't using it and so on...

Regarding the chat: In WoT you can just turn it of, but I think it would be better to just be able to "locally mute/ignore" other players in the battle on the fly.

I have to say I don't know what you mean with the chat requests. Do you mean each player has to accept each other player's chat request on the start of a battle? That would be odd and more annyoing than helpful...

Well. I disagree.

Let's set up some points:
1. the ingame chat - if people use it, if it actually has consequences etc is beside the point. The real problem - the continuing use of trashtalking does not seems to stop, but in order to keep this related to Wows, I posted this so we could do something about it before it got released.

2. My (very rough idea) was to make an in game possibility to send and accept/ignore chat messages, but I realize you are right, it would be confusing. Besides the other in here has some very good suggestions - I like the idea about muting ceretain players while the match is still on.

But no matter what WG decides, I really hope something different/more will be done, so we don't end up where WoT seems to be, with some people trahstalking, "letting steam off" or what it should be called, and others - like me, simply avoiding the game in longer periods due to this behavior.. well that and Wows;-)

Beta Tester
18 posts
10,021 battles

Well we can see how many replays this topic got ( ppl don't care about insults and trash talk), so like i said: "ppl need to get the steam off and if that means to have a trash talk they will have it". Only 1-2% ppl have problems with that and if u ask me i dont know why, u can just click disable chat and u wont see any of it.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
95 posts
181 battles

I'm yet to find any real trash talking or insulting or bad behavior - mb I'm just lucky.

I could consider every non-english message insulting but then again I only know two languages so that wouldn't be fair.

You are lucky, i have been on the recieving end a fair bit and seen it against others a fair bit more, is there currently even a way to report people? When i thought "might give it a try" like in world of tanks, got no option which basically means that those people have free reign in battle.

Well we can see how many replays this topic got ( ppl don't care about insults and trash talk), so like i said: "ppl need to get the steam off and if that means to have a trash talk they will have it". Only 1-2% ppl have problems with that and if u ask me i dont know why, u can just click disable chat and u wont see any of it.

Plenty of people care and will care later on, its a nip in the bud problem, if you dont come down hard now then it will drive away people later. Personally i dont like being called all sorts of homophobic names and given abuse and told to get cancer etc.

I dont want to disable chat, I, like a fair few others (so far at least..) use the chat to talk to division mates or just general teamwide to get teamwork to be performed which actually happens a fair bit i have found.

Personally i "think" the way to report from WoT should be in but i think given its a closed test, anyone who is reported for being exceptionally abusive should simply be removed from the CBT and players warned that this is the outcome of abusive chat, ofcourse there will have to be protections against trolls simply getting people banned from the game.

I really dont understand how people can be fine with toxic players spewing sewage at other players i honestly dont. Wanna let steam off? Go find somewhere else to do it, go shout, vent on your chosen VOIP system to friends, whatever, not in the chat. I get angry in games too, but i dont throw the most disgusting insults at other people for it.

Edited by Mitchverr

Beta Tester
18 posts
10,021 battles

You are lucky, i have been on the recieving end a fair bit and seen it against others a fair bit more, is there currently even a way to report people? When i thought "might give it a try" like in world of tanks, got no option which basically means that those people have free reign in battle.

Plenty of people care and will care later on, its a nip in the bud problem, if you dont come down hard now then it will drive away people later. Personally i dont like being called all sorts of homophobic names and given abuse and told to get cancer etc.

I dont want to disable chat, I, like a fair few others (so far at least..) use the chat to talk to division mates or just general teamwide to get teamwork to be performed which actually happens a fair bit i have found.

Personally i "think" the way to report from WoT should be in but i think given its a closed test, anyone who is reported for being exceptionally abusive should simply be removed from the CBT and players warned that this is the outcome of abusive chat, ofcourse there will have to be protections against trolls simply getting people banned from the game.

I really dont understand how people can be fine with toxic players spewing sewage at other players i honestly dont. Wanna let steam off? Go find somewhere else to do it, go shout, vent on your chosen VOIP system to friends, whatever, not in the chat. I get angry in games too, but i dont throw the most disgusting insults at other people for it.

well there is a lot of "noobs"... Few days ago i had a full health Fuso running away from our cap coz he was afraid of CA and his torps... It was Cleveland and he won against 5 of us (alone) I said ok maybe hes new. went to see his stats he had 26 games in Cleveland. How the hack u don't know Cleveland doesn't have torps after 26 games. U have to understand that there is so many ppl who do stupid things. And ppl get angry.

And about abuse. I said trash talk not homophobic insults on personal lvl. Why so many ppl play games???? SO u can chill out and have fun and trash talk is something that gos along.

Ill say the same way back to u if u cant handle trash talk and some small crap, then go to church or go out side play ball with ur friends. "Life is not all about rainbows and sun shines..." Uf where did i hear that sentences???

Let ppl have some freedom...

[FAITH]
Alpha Tester
38 posts

well there is a lot of "noobs"... Few days ago i had a full health Fuso running away from our cap coz he was afraid of CA and his torps... It was Cleveland and he won against 5 of us (alone) I said ok maybe hes new. went to see his stats he had 26 games in Cleveland. How the hack u don't know Cleveland doesn't have torps after 26 games. U have to understand that there is so many ppl who do stupid things. And ppl get angry.

And about abuse. I said trash talk not homophobic insults on personal lvl. Why so many ppl play games???? SO u can chill out and have fun and trash talk is something that gos along.

Ill say the same way back to u if u cant handle trash talk and some small crap, then go to church or go out side play ball with ur friends. "Life is not all about rainbows and sun shines..." Uf where did i hear that sentences???

Trash talk does not go along with gaming. I don't know how you got that impression, but if somebody gets frustrated about something, they can say so, but nicknames and trahstalking does NOT belong anywere! Calling that option freedom is simply just wrong. But hey, we can debate this until ET arrive, or the developers do something about it. Just be sure that if you trashtalk or nickname me, you will simply get muted and blocked. I guess in the long run, that would mean you could write your great plan in the chat to the rest of your team, but you would simply be ignored.. must be frustrating, but at least you have the freedom to trashtalk and nickname all those who blocked you.

Beta Tester
95 posts
181 battles

The guys a bad player, so what, doesnt mean give abuse or "trashtalk".

I play games to chill and have fun, which is why i dont insult or "trashtalk" other players, i will have a bit of banter and a joke with them if they mess up but thats different to trash talk, which is why personally i think most "trashtalk" which is arguably just being a [edited] to somebody shouldnt be accepted either, i am here to have fun not to be insulted by other players who are angry because i sunk their ship.

To try and cover this under freedom makes me laugh to be honest.

Trashtalk doesnt go hand in hand with gaming, banter does, oh, and i dont go to church.

and lastly, yes you did say insults not just trashtalk...... "ppl don't care about insults and trash talk"

Edited by Mitchverr

Beta Tester
18 posts
10,021 battles

Trash talk does not go along with gaming. I don't know how you got that impression, but if somebody gets frustrated about something, they can say so, but nicknames and trahstalking does NOT belong anywere! Calling that option freedom is simply just wrong. But hey, we can debate this until ET arrive, or the developers do something about it. Just be sure that if you trashtalk or nickname me, you will simply get muted and blocked. I guess in the long run, that would mean you could write your great plan in the chat to the rest of your team, but you would simply be ignored.. must be frustrating, but at least you have the freedom to trashtalk and nickname all those who blocked you.

Simple as that.. Add blocking / mute option for player and "vola" all problems gone.

We did find a good solution here...

Beta Tester
18 posts
10,021 battles

Ohhh Trash talk is part of every professional game (football, basketball...) so don't tell me trash talk is something we should all say no to it. If u cant handle it then look my answer above. Block it or mute it.

thats all folks...

[XENON]
[XENON]
Alpha Tester
95 posts
5,028 battles

Well... i'd like to know what a moderator or dev thinks about this :unsure:

[CHARG]
Beta Tester
4 posts
876 battles

Block it or mute it imo

Banning it is just pointless, you think people in the real world will stop using foul language if you ask nicely?

Beta Tester
95 posts
181 battles

Block it or mute it imo

Banning it is just pointless, you think people in the real world will stop using foul language if you ask nicely?

In the real world people dont tell each other to get cancer like in WoT...
  • Cool 1

Alpha Tester
176 posts
1,602 battles

The whining dribbling morons that I played with tonight really made me question how badly I want to play this game.

Every single game that we lost, the CV drivers would sit and cry about "stupid teams" etc, insulting, calling people every name under the sun.

WG has proved time and time again that they Will NOT provide a decent environment, and as such cultivates filth as a large portion of their playerbase.

That mute function cannot come quickly enough.

Oh and @theexit: What's happening in this game is not trash-talking. You should know the difference.

Beta Tester
18 posts
10,021 battles

The whining dribbling morons that I played with tonight really made me question how badly I want to play this game.

Every single game that we lost, the CV drivers would sit and cry about "stupid teams" etc, insulting, calling people every name under the sun.

WG has proved time and time again that they Will NOT provide a decent environment, and as such cultivates filth as a large portion of their playerbase.

That mute function cannot come quickly enough.

Oh and @theexit: What's happening in this game is not trash-talking. You should know the difference.

Again... I'm  not supporting something like that: " go get cancer or die u fuckin Polak/ Warsaw crap... ", but if someone say like: " Even a grandpa would hit that u noob" or "even a noob gets lucky shot" that's something i support. Trash talk is what needs to be in game.

Thats about it.

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
176 posts
1,602 battles

Again... I'm  not supporting something like that: " go get cancer or die u fuckin Polak/ Warsaw crap... ", but if someone say like: " Even a grandpa would hit that u noob" or "even a noob gets lucky shot" that's something i support. Trash talk is what needs to be in game.

Thats about it.

I wholeheartedly agree. That's funny and would do the players good.

Beta Tester
45 posts
1,868 battles

One thing is for sure - the ingame chat once again became a refuge for bad behavior and pure nationalism. The other day I learned that (I quote) "we couldn´t lose because our team has too many Serbs..." (end of quote).

There is no need for egocentric patriotism or worse like the infamous "siemka PL" of WoT - because nobody cares where a player is from.

So I would prefer a solution in which I could minimize the whole chat window because in 85% of the cases everything written in there is simply not important for the actual round.

[GURU]
Alpha Tester
725 posts
40,981 battles

I really don't like the name calling in chat, sure you can get angry at people who are doing obvious stupid things but things like "moron, retard + various types of diseases" are abusive it's as simple as that and people should be banned for it.

Sign in to follow this