ThePurpleSmurf

PSA - If you sell modules from the SCs remember that it's also discount weekend!

• You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

14 posts in this topic

Many of us will get mostly useless modules from the birthday SCs but do not sell them right away, because it's discount weekend and you get -50% credits for sold modules. Wait until next week to get the full credits value.

1 person likes this

Ack, I could really use more Speed Boosts and Radar modules but WG knows this and literally gave me about 5+ of DCP and AA modules... 

1 person likes this

14 minutes ago, herrjott said:

They are upgrades:Smile_hiding:

Actually they are Special Upgrades commonly called Modifications or Modules or how WG put it, Modernizations. Others call them garbage, so whatever float the boat. ;)

2 hours ago, Admiral_noodle said:

Also don't sell them! They might get buffed later. 

I agree, selling them only makes sense if you're strapped for cash. 

They already got one buff. The second buff that would be needed to get them to usable levels has a nonexistent chance to happen.

7 minutes ago, Altsak said:

They already got one buff. The second buff that would be needed to get them to usable levels has a nonexistent chance to happen.

They didn't all get buffed. I got a spotter plane... but I'll keep it just in case. But I am not strapped for cash. 

I am very much enjoying my speed boosts ( would like more as I'm grinding FR Baguettes), and am waiting for a radar to put on my VMF DD's. I might someday buy a Perth if WG manages to actually do something about BB population as well, so both the smoke and the spotter plane aren't really useless either. 

But I AM also strapped for cash, since I stopped paying for premiums I can break even while playing with my ships no problem even make small profits on tier X, but buying ships is a one way street to being broke. Guess I need to take advantage of the free day of premium :D

5 hours ago, Negativvv said:

Ack, I could really use more Speed Boosts and Radar modules but WG knows this and literally gave me about 5+ of DCP and AA modules... 

DCP, AA, smoke and the plane are pretty useless...

1 hour ago, mtm78 said:

I might someday buy a Perth if WG manages to actually do something about BB population as well, so both the smoke and the spotter plane aren't really useless either. 

Yes, but not when you have 3 of each AFTER you have already fitted Perth...

2 minutes ago, 22cm said:

DCP, AA and the plane are pretty useless...

Trash tier modules yes, although I've mounted the spotter plane one on the Molotov just for fun as it's not a competitive ship...

DCP is not a bad choice for a US BB by any means. it gives you 28s immunity for new fires. It can also throw off CVs as they might send in their next wave too soon.

Mount a spotter plane on Roon and/or Hindenburg and farm those delicious RN CL citadels.... (it takes some practice but it's a skill worth learning!)

Hydro mod is good for german DDs and Lo Yang for example.

Radar mod is good for the Russian cruisers. Kinda overkill for US ones tho, but if you have spare ones...

Def AA mod on the Des Memes and farm those CV tears :cap_rambo:

28 minutes ago, SomeoneYouKnow2 said:

DCP is not a bad choice for a US BB by any means. it gives you 28s immunity for new fires. It can also throw off CVs as they might send in their next wave too soon.

Mount a spotter plane on Roon and/or Hindenburg and farm those delicious RN CL citadels.... (it takes some practice but it's a skill worth learning!)

h

Hydro mod is good for german DDs and Lo Yang for example.

Radar mod is good for the Russian cruisers. Kinda overkill for US ones tho, but if you have spare ones...

Def AA mod on the Des Memes and farm those CV tears :cap_rambo:

No, it only gives you 8 more seconds.

Not if the guy is smart.

Nobody said radar or hydro are useless.

Not sure if it s worth the upgrade it replacss, overkill anyway on Des.