Sign in to follow this  
shrapnel_bait

Weather conditions.

10 comments in this topic

Beta Tester
149 posts
374 battles

In future will the weather conditions on a map be changeable, at the moment all we get are beautiful clear conditions, would it be possible to have weather that is changable, high seas, high winds, even the occasional fog bank, variable weather conditions would make every map, even if it's the same layout, different, posing a different tactical challenge each time.

Beta Tester
2 posts
415 battles

I agree some weather would be nice would give it a new degree of difficulty.. like playing a match in a storm with a high tide would significantly change how you play and aim/ lead your guns

Beta Tester
44 posts
3,725 battles

Absolutely true ... and I would say more: you can meet enemies during the day but also during the night, with or without the moonlight ... this would give much more reality to the game ... :izmena:

Beta Tester
22 posts
220 battles

excellent idea! However it would have to be only a slight change to the baseline for things like visibility, DDs are hard enough to see before torp launch now. Also clear sunny days should give a similar buff to spotting.

Beta Tester
44 posts
3,725 battles

excellent idea! However it would have to be only a slight change to the baseline for things like visibility, DDs are hard enough to see before torp launch now. Also clear sunny days should give a similar buff to spotting.

It's true also the opposite ... during the war ships go at sea with no lights so it's difficoult also for DD (which are very close to the surface) to see big ships ... not only this: I hope that a defined number of torpedoes will be setup for DD (as it is in real ships) ... in this case before you launch, you need to be sure that the target it's the good one ...
Edited by BlackSkyRiver

[HSL]
Weekend Tester
65 posts
3,755 battles

hello,

the problem of the weather, it was already much discussed and the producers had not planned such variables, to keep low hardware requirements.

Me too would love to fight in a storm, but I think we will never have the chance to do it ...

Beta Tester
21 posts
3,832 battles

Would be realy nice to see search lights going haywire across the map as shells shrieks above your head ;)

Beta Tester
13 posts
241 battles

It would be great to see night battles or any kind of weather effects, like storm, fog, etc, however this would a) f*ck up balance (imagine a perma smoke screen), b) reduce game performance terribly, c) with the storm you'd need huge waves too and those would kill both the control and the aiming. Although, it'd be quite fun to have to worry about LOS because of this :D

[2DQT]
Weekend Tester
24 posts
3,354 battles

Fog or rain would be nice , they could us e a more open map for this. it would make spotting more of a big deal. i salute the idea. Who knows maybe  some of the BB players might even start moving closer to the enemy.

Sign in to follow this