MrConway

Important Update: 2nd Anniversary Rewards

• You need to play a total of 1 battles to post in this section.

92 posts in this topic

Dear captains,

Unfortunately we need to announce a few small changes regarding our 2nd Anniversary giveaway event!

Due to some technical limitations that we uncovered with the release of 0.6.10 on other clusters, the following changes needed to be made:

• The prize campaigns will start on 15/09 instead of 14/09
  • To get the goodies you need to play 2 battles on any tier I-IX ship instead of 1.
  • To get the supercontainers for playing on tier 10, you need to play 2 battles per ship, instead of 1. - nope, this mission parameter (for the supercontainers) stays as it was! [info added by voulezvous 14/09]
  • All other giveaways and rewards will stay available under the same conditions as announced on the portal.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has created and hope you will enjoy our anniversary celebrations nonetheless.

1 person likes this

No no, that change totally killed the event for us :fish_nerv:

How about we get double rewards because double games?

8 people like this

Can we expect that this will change during the weekend?

While it doesn't make this harder I dislike that.

1 person likes this

Like everything else on this EU server..... Im absolute agree to cpt Commander cornflake

statement here.... :( seems not fine at all...........................................

1 person likes this

That sucks .... so for us with a lot of T10's we now have to play twice the games, that's quite a big difference in time invested yo.

3 people like this

What kind of a system allows you to track two battles in tier I-IX ships and two battles in each tier X ship - but doesn't allow you to track one battle? I think there's something :fish_palm: with the "technical limitations" explanation...

31 minutes ago, ghashpl said:

Can we expect that this will change during the weekend?

While it doesn't make this harder I dislike that.

This should no longer change.

7 minutes ago, Diminios said:

What kind of a system allows you to track two battles in tier I-IX ships and two battles in each tier X ship - but doesn't allow you to track one battle? I think there's something :fish_palm: with the "technical limitations" explanation...

The system that we use to run these special missions seems to need s first battle to activate and then the second battle to trigger the crediting. As I am not a programmer I am not sure of the exact reason behind this. Definitely not something we are happy about, but it is to late to change it so shortly before the event.

4 minutes ago, mcboernester said:

Please tell me RU / Asia / NA Guys have to fight 2 Battles instead of 1 too.....

This change should  affect all clusters as it is a problem with the software we all share.

1 hour ago, MrConway said:

The prize campaigns will start on 15/09 instead of 14/09

• To get the goodies you need to play 2 battles on any tier I-IX ship instead of 1.
  • To get the supercontainers for playing on tier 10, you need to play 2 battles per ship, instead of 1.

Do we have to win those battles? Because that would make quite a difference then.

23 minutes ago, MrConway said:

The system that we use to run these special missions seems to need s first battle to activate and then the second battle to trigger the crediting. As I am not a programmer I am not sure of the exact reason behind this. Definitely not something we are happy about...

Well that's the quality of programming we kind of expect by now.:cap_haloween:

1 person likes this

23 minutes ago, MrConway said:

This change should  affect all clusters as it is a problem with the software we all share.

If not I'll come back to you and haunt  your Dreams :P

I remember so many events where one single match was enough to get a reward in the past... :Smile_sceptic:

But special snowflake EU has to show its uniqueness. Again.

7 minutes ago, ZoidFile said:

Do we have to win those battles? Because that would make quite a difference then.

Well that's the quality of programming we kind of expect by now.:cap_haloween:

No, they do not have to be won. As for the programming, these things can happen to the best of them ;)

5 minutes ago, mcboernester said:

If not I'll come back to you and haunt  your Dreams :P

I have a three week old baby at home, so no dreams or sleep for me...

6 people like this

1 minute ago, principat121 said:

I remember so many events where one single match was enough to get a reward in the past... :Smile_sceptic:

Because the rewards are tied to other conditions and are not the same for everyone we cannot use the regular missions system as we are doing it for the day of premium and the anniversary camouflages.

1 person likes this

Just now, MrConway said:

Sadly i can only offer virtual coffee atm. :cap_tea:

On another note, will there be weekend discounts similar to the anniversary ones on asia ?

well i'm out of luck with the super containers since i don't have any tier 10s 
kek

9 minutes ago, MrConway said:

That's nice! Maybe you can try to get WG EU make some father's day special :P

Spoiler

i286823014260766112._szw1280h1280_.jpg

1 person likes this

I can bet, i will have 5 times module for scouting plane in my Supers. 

1 person likes this

@MrConway

This seems pretty weird. I mean the requirements aren't really hard, but 2 battles seems out of the norm.

Any changes to the timeperiod? Just the weekend? Just the first week? Or the entire thing. Just so we are all on the same page here, because assumptions can clearly be dangerous.

28 minutes ago, Silentraz said:

There will be supercontainers or other type? Nothing changed in this?

Nothing else has changed.

26 minutes ago, rnat said:

Sadly i can only offer virtual coffee atm. :cap_tea:

On another note, will there be weekend discounts similar to the anniversary ones on asia ?

Possibly, but I cannot talk about those until a potential portal article has been released ;)

19 minutes ago, WolfGewehr said:

That's nice! Maybe you can try to get WG EU make some father's day special :P

Reveal hidden contents

Like an extra day off for fathers working at Wargaming maybe? Great idea! :P

1 person likes this

2 minutes ago, Unintentional_submarine said:

@MrConway

This seems pretty weird. I mean the requirements aren't really hard, but 2 battles seems out of the norm.

Any changes to the timeperiod? Just the weekend? Just the first week? Or the entire thing. Just so we are all on the same page here, because assumptions can clearly be dangerous.

As I mentioned, the giveaway does start one day later than planned, on the 15th.

Thanks for the answer.

Hope you have a pleasant (i.e. any real) sleep ^^