Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Blechhaube

My game experience does not cover my expectations

• You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

53 posts in this topic

Ok Wargaming,

you should know what happens to your game if you dont introduce any tutorial to the player base of World of Warships. The game experience for all players gets worse, if time passes. What do I mean?  Look the following screens

(I have to admit this is an extreme example). I do not intend to simply complain and blame wargaming. This is meant to describe my game experience over the last months. I play since close beta.

Screens

Spoiler

shot-17_09.11_17_27.04-0198.thumb.jpg.01a13c7b275ca43dc7dd680adfda749e.jpgshot-17_09.11_17_26.38-0173.thumb.jpg.70e8eaf3db40ec422b8536ede5f5f162.jpg

Map

Spoiler

Map1.thumb.jpg.b7a313b2be14cd6df8e5d647c0e17543.jpg

Replay

link to my stats: http://wows-numbers.com/de/player/527014205,Blechhaube/

I can describe my basic game experience in this match as followed: I had been driven for 6 Minutes to get in position. Due to my spawning point in front of A without spotting support I chose to go for C. In that time 7 ships died. They all must have been hit by the first torpedo wave and gunshots. Battle over. Where is the game experience at all?
Honestly, I deinstalled the game in the past months 2 times. Nonetheless I came back again. And I have come to a point, where this game is more frustration than fun and engaging. Why? The majority of my game experience aproxamatly the last 1000 battles got worse. I made many encounters similiar to my example above. Why am I supposed to keep playing this? Now some will call for division play. Well, guess what! Sometimes even in a division you can not push your team at all.

I do like the concept of a team based competitive game with awesome graphics and sounds. I mean look the passion for all the details! Thats amazing! Even grinding every single ship up the techtree provides me with some fun. Playing all the ships with all their strengths and annoying weaknesses.  But all this falls apart if your so called teammates do not commit to the game at all. This happens too often. It leaves you frustrated and annoyed. And I do know there are many good players out there who experience more or less the same. The strange thing is some experience these bad battles more often than others. And if you tell your experience to other players you are not taken seriously. They often argue in favour for the statistics like: "Keep playing. Better rounds will come". Sorry! Statistics do not describe my game experience!

As far as I can follow the developement of the game since beta I can not spot any real approach to players who don't commit to the game. Yes, you made some questionable introducing and lecturing videos. Who is looking at them? You implemented more immidiate graphical feedback for the player in the game. If this is a team based game, why don't you reward good teamplay? It feels very rewarding just to overrule the opponent with only some random teamplay. It happens too rarely

What choice do I have as a player who invested so much lifetime and money in this game, but to write to you, wargaming? I could keep flaming the ingame chat, to release some....pressure. The Karmasystem? Nobody wants to read how bad he plays. I am trapped. I like to play this game simply because I am good in it. But my frustration puts an end to it. I am very sorry wargaming, but as long as I dont see any real approach to confront the not commiting players you desperately need as money maker I do not see a point to keep playing the game.

Cheers

Blechhaube

PS.: I keep editing to correct my horrorible grammar :P

Edited Map of the match for better understanding + replay

3 people like this

If you do not know how this game works after reaching Tier X, no tutorial in the world will help you.

11 people like this

Yeah I guess its way too difficult to go to the:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/content/guides/

Or visit the forums

Or watch a few tutorials on YT

Or to, God forbid, stick to lower tiers until getting the basics down

IMHO, as there are already plenty of easily available information and guides, you are shifting the blame to WG who in reality cannot force the playerbase to learn the basics or to apply them ingame.

So OP please answer me this:

If a player refuses to learn the basics no matter what or invest some time in learning how would you solve that?

If a player knows the basics but refuses to use them ingame (because its less "fun" for him), what can be done about that?

2 hours ago, ColonelPete said:

If you do not know how this game works after reaching Tier X, no tutorial in the world will help you.

A tier X is actually pretty simple to achieve due to wargamings grinding system: spent money, get some free xp and earn the ship you want. Thats means players have no experience in their ships at all. Since wargaming wants to earn some money, a company needs income no question about it, I have to asume this is intended. 

4 minutes ago, daki said:

IMHO, as there are already plenty of easily available information and guides, you are shifting the blame to WG who in reality cannot force the playerbase to learn the basics or to apply them ingame.

Oh there would be mechanism available if you wanted, there is another thread right now about ppl who have 0 games played and buy a T8 premium, even a CV. Lets see, WG could f.e. prevent ppl from buying a premium before reaching a certain amount of games or having done sunk xxxx ships or w/e. you name it. Aint gonna happen cuz WG is after the fast buck. Result: Players like OP will leave, cuz frustrated. Long time achievment? A dead game.

2 people like this

1 minute ago, daki said:

If a player refuses to learn the basics no matter what or invest some time in learning how would you solve that?

If a player knows the basics but refuses to use them ingame (because its less "fun" for him), what can be done about that?

I skip the question, who is responsible. Of course wargaming is the right adress.

There are a lot of possible instruments to provide a ground for better play:

• a rewarding!!! teamplay
  • higher walls in the grinding tech tree before you are allowed to use a ship (Example: from tier 8 you need some kind of a driverlicense for your ship. Pass the test [tutorial] and you are free to go.) The recently implemented Yamamoto missions some how go in this direction, if you watch the achievements. Combine this with the PvE Missions of Dunkirk event you are a huge step closer to an tutorial.

I've got the feeling Wargaming relies too heavy on statistics to get valuable quantity of information about the status of the game. That does not necessarily mean a analysis of quality, which you only achieve by reading peoples described experience in the forums. If you remember the implementation of the heal for Atago. The ship was bought by many newcomers---> bad ratings in the statistics---> buff needed.

1 person likes this

5 minutes ago, Blechhaube said:

I skip the question, who is responsible. Of course wargaming is the right adress.

There are a lot of possible instruments to provide a ground for better play:

• a rewarding!!! teamplay

Extremely vague statement without a clear suggestion on how to implement it, let alone what that "rewarding teamplay" actually means in the first place. Also, what is rewarding to you and me is not necessarily rewarding for others.

• higher walls in the grinding tech tree before you are allowed to use a ship (Example: from tier 8 you need some kind of a driverlicense for your ship. Pass the test [tutorial] and you are free to go.) The recently implemented Yamamoto missions some how go in this direction, if you watch the achievements. Combine this with the PvE Missions of Dunkirk event you are a huge step closer to an tutorial.

So, a so called "play4fun" player forces himself to pass the test, yet refuses to follow the basics in subsequent matches... not much of a solution don't you agree?

To note, I fully feel your pain since I am also here since beta.

In beta, the mechanics and balance were much crappier imho than now, however it was compensated by the playerbase who for the most part wanted to learn and understand the game.

Those times are long gone and never to return.

@daki

Sorry, but I keep some points short. There are so many suggestions out there I do not want to repeat. The demand for rewarding team play is supportet by many youtubers. Honestly if I have a solution for that phanomen of not commiting players , I would have subscribed at wargaming and get my wages from them. As a player I can only describe my experience and give a vague point of solution.

1 hour ago, Blechhaube said:

shot-17_09.11_17_27.04-0198.thumb.jpg.01a13c7b275ca43dc7dd680adfda749e.jpgshot-17_09.11_17_26.38-0173.thumb.jpg.70e8eaf3db40ec422b8536ede5f5f162.jpg

Best part for me is that two players still did worse.

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Blechhaube said:

...but as long as I dont see any real approach to confront the not commiting players you desperately need as money maker...

I guess the question is who provides them with the most financial support... dedicated or casual players?

If their actions speak for them, then it is the casuals.

Higher Tier BB are at the mercy of DDs, CVs and even Cruisers. If the rest of the team fail to do their job then you might as well sail into a corner.

So then arguably if you know better then you should be playing ships that can change the course of a game? I own all 3 T10 BBs and barely play them, they're just big fat XP cows waiting to be popped. 

Meh a percentage of all games in both here and WoT are complete write offs even for the best of players. Whether you're spawned badly, other players are clueless, the MM wants to cr@p on you, the DDs get detonated etc

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, SHDRKN4792 said:

Best part for me is that two players still did worse.

:cap_look:

Troll.thumb.jpg.3167fe5b5ce04b0503d59ea3b3c19a03.jpg

:cap_wander:

4 hours ago, Blechhaube said:

I had been driven for 6 Minutes to get in position

Well, see it positive: You got rid of a bad team in a very short time and had the chance to start a new battle and probably get a marginally better team...

Or You could do the bright thing and forget about playing TX battles, which are astoundingly potatoish and boring and instead play in the T4 to T6 region, where the real action is.

3 people like this

1 hour ago, Deckeru_Maiku said:

Or You could do the bright thing and forget about playing TX battles, which are astoundingly potatoish and boring and instead play in the T4 to T6 region, where the real action is.

This :Smile_honoring::cap_rambo::Smile_playing:

Well, see it positive: You got rid of a bad team in a very short time and had the chance to start a new battle and probably get a marginally better team...

Guess what?! Clan Wars are currently set on T10 7vs7 [testing]. :fish_glass:

I think T7 is my favourite as a lot of the ships in it are starting to get pretty decent all round abilities although you could argue stuff like Belfast and Flint spoil the party. T8 would be wonderful if it was protected or games were pure T8 but that'll never happen.

2 people like this

5 hours ago, daki said:

Yeah I guess its way too difficult to go to the:

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/content/guides/

Or visit the forums

Or watch a few tutorials on YT

Or to, God forbid, stick to lower tiers until getting the basics down

The official tutorials are from 2015 and outdated and in some cases provide simply wrong information, which make the whole 'official tutorial stuff' complete useless. Have you ever tried to find real tutorials for this game on YT? Good luck, there are no noobfriendly tutorials that teach the basic in a good and understandable way. And do not forget, not everyone lives on the internet and know all about the top secret search hacks how to find tutorials on a topic you do not even know the name about. Or do you think a noob knows what saturation or overpens are? No? Well, how is he suposed to search for those terms if he does not even know them?

No, it has been criticised a million times, WoWs lacks a proper and good ingame tutorial that force newbs to learn before they can join random battles to ruin everyones life.

1 person likes this

22 minutes ago, ThePurpleSmurf said:

The official tutorials are from 2015 and outdated and in some cases provide simply wrong information, which make the whole 'official tutorial stuff' complete useless. Have you ever tried to find real tutorials for this game on YT? Good luck, there are no noobfriendly tutorials that teach the basic in a good and understandable way. And do not forget, not everyone lives on the internet and know all about the top secret search hacks how to find tutorials on a topic you do not even know the name about. Or do you think a noob knows what saturation or overpens are? No? Well, how is he suposed to search for those terms if he does not even know them?

No, it has been criticised a million times, WoWs lacks a proper and good ingame tutorial that force newbs to learn before they can join random battles to ruin everyones life.

The only two ways WG can hope to educate the masses is via an in game tutorial as pointed out or short videos/articles on their main page. Those stupid captain and goldfish videos are actually onto a good thing but they're too cryptic and stupid for most to really "get". 

Something like short 60s videos with one simple piece of advice will get people watching and be short enough so they don't lose concentration or interest! 

1 person likes this

So, you survived the batle and managed to do only 1k damage in a T10 BB?
Sorry mate, but it's not WG's fault you are bad. Judging by the above and a fact you survived you went on a sightseeing trip around a map border, while their whole team lemmingtrained to A. So, if you weren's supporting your team, why do you complain about them sinking?  Iowa and Bismarck were just as useless, so they probably went with you. So, you left your cruisers and DDs alone to face whole enemy team, including 5 BBs, and you dare to come on forums and complain about your team? Do you have any dignity?

L2p mate and next time start by looknig at faults in yourself, because it's you who didn't play for a team and it's players like you who are responsible for this geme being frustrating to play and lack of teamplay. Lack of tutorials is not responsible for your perfomance, because everyone with two digit and above IQ would know that you have to be in range of your guns to actually shoot stuff, and would plan accordingly their path, keeping in mind possibility that enemies might do a lemming tain to one of the sides.

As for in game tutorials, i always hated them. Very often they are a waste of time, as what they teach can be described in one or two sentences. Video tutorials are better, but WG will never do them as well as good players (eg. Fara's CV guide), therefore there is no point in WG doing them. As for promoting such guides on official website, or even in game, there comes multitude of problems with that. For example, how do you choose which guides to promote and which don't? Who gets to choose? For example above mentioned Fara's CV guide is literally hours long, i wouldn't expect anyone who's just starting the game to go through that. On the other hand, there is a reason why it is so long. Shorter guides often simplify stuff, sometimes to the point of being wrong.

4 minutes ago, G01ngToxicCommand0 said:

Joking aside the abscence of frustration, anger and rage coming from this game is liberating though and I can highly recommend it. :cap_tea:

To achieve that one would have to stop playing  team mmos at all.

6 hours ago, Blechhaube said:

Ok Wargaming,

you should know what happens to your game if you dont introduce any tutorial to the player base of World of Warships. The game experience for all players gets worse, if time passes. What do I mean?  Look the following screens

(I have to admit this is an extreme example). I do not intend to simply complain and blame wargaming. This is meant to describe my game experience over the last months. I play since close beta.

I am sorry I can not provide you a replay.

link to my stats: http://wows-numbers.com/de/player/527014205,Blechhaube/

I can describe my basic game experience in this match as followed: I had been driven for 6 Minutes to get in position. Due to my spawning point in front of A without spotting support I chose to go for C. In that time 7 ships died. They all must have been hit by the first torpedo wave and gunshots. Battle over. Where is the game experience at all?
Honestly, I deinstalled the game in the past months 2 times. Nonetheless I came back again. And I have come to a point, where this game is more frustration than fun and engaging. Why? The majority of my game experience aproxamatly the last 1000 battles got worse. I made many encounters similiar to my example above. Why am I supposed to keep playing this? Now some will call for division play. Well, guess what! Sometimes even in a division you can not push your team at all.

I do like the concept of a team based competitive game with awesome graphics and sounds. I mean look the passion for all the details! Thats amazing! Even grinding every single ship up the techtree provides me with some fun. Playing all the ships with all their strengths and annoying weaknesses.  But all this falls apart if your so called teammates do not commit to the game at all. This happens too often. It leaves you frustrated and annoyed. And I do know there are many good players out there who experience more or less the same. The strange thing is some experience these bad battles more often than others. And if you tell your experience to other players you are not taken seriously. They often argue in favour for the statistics like: "Keep playing. Better rounds will come". Sorry! Statistics do not describe my game experience!

As far as I can follow the developement of the game since beta I can not spot any real approach to players who don't commit to the game. Yes, you made some questionable introducing and lecturing videos. Who is looking at them? You implemented more immidiate graphical feedback for the player in the game. If this is a team based game, why don't you reward good teamplay? It feels very rewarding just to overrule the opponent with only some random teamplay. It happens too rarely

What choice do I have as a player who invested so much lifetime and money in this game, but to write to you, wargaming? I could keep flaming the ingame chat, to release some....pressure. The Karmasystem? Nobody wants to read how bad he plays. I am trapped. I like to play this game simply because I am good in it. But my frustration puts an end to it. I am very sorry wargaming, but as long as I dont see any real approach to confront the not commiting players you desperately need as money maker I do not see a point to keep playing the game.

Cheers

Blechhaube

PS.: I keep editing to correct my horrorible grammar :P

If you don't find enjoyment in playing WoWS stop playing it - I did.

If you, as I have, have thrown a lot of money at WoWS it will be harder to stop playing but if you find the game too frustrating to play then there really is only one thing to do which is to stop playing the game.

It certainly did a lot of good for me to not have to suffer the frustration this game provides and now I have far more energy to do usefull stuff such as not murdering random people out of rage induced by WoWS. Joking aside the abscence of frustration, anger and rage coming from this game is liberating though and I can highly recommend it. :cap_tea:

18 minutes ago, HyoukaYukikaze said:

Sorry mate, but it's not WG's fault you are bad. Judging by the above and a fact you survived you went on a sightseeing trip around a map border, while their whole team lemmingtrained to A. So, if you weren's supporting your team, why do you complain about them sinking?  Iowa and Bismarck were just as useless, so they probably went with you. So, you left your cruisers and DDs alone to face whole enemy team, including 5 BBs, and you dare to come on forums and complain about your team? Do you have any dignity?

L2p mate and next time start by looknig at faults in yourself, because it's you who didn't play for a team and it's players like you who are responsible for this geme being frustrating to play and lack of teamplay. Lack of tutorials is not responsible for your perfomance, because everyone wih two digit and above IQ would know that you have to be in range of your guns to actually shoot stuff, and would plan accordingly their path, keeping in mind possibility that enemies might do a lemming tain to one of the sides and speed of their boat.

Perhaps you should have checked the OP's stats before posting that comment...:cap_cool:

1 person likes this

18 minutes ago, HyoukaYukikaze said:

L2p mate and next time start by looknig at faults in yourself, because it's you who didn't play for a team and it's players like you who are responsible for this geme being frustrating to play and lack of teamplay. Lack of tutorials is not responsible for your perfomance, because everyone with two digit and above IQ would know that you have to be in range of your guns to actually shoot stuff, and would plan accordingly their path, keeping in mind possibility that enemies might do a lemming tain to one of the sides.

To be fair to OP, whilst there is an element of whine sometimes the spawns really do F with you in a BB sometimes. One game I can remember, I started in the most north west position possible in a T10 game and I was a GK without Concealment Expert. 

I got farmed by multiple long range HE cruisers and I couldn't escape nor hide anywhere... That was an expensive game.

But personally I'd still say "Deal with it" :cap_cool: Shouldn't have been playing a T10 BB in the first place lol!! 

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0