Sign in to follow this  
Glig69

BB fire spam

5 comments in this topic

[-FC-]
Players
319 posts
12,074 battles

Here's my question - do BBs really need to be able to profit from HE fire spamming, ie repeatedly setting other BBs (principally) on fire through HE?  

I can understand the benefits for cruisers, am less sympathetic for DDs, and totally averse to it for BBs.  They should be able to generate damage through their alpha damage, AP or HE, and not fires IMHO.  This recent Yamamoto campaign seems to have bred games with unnecessary amounts of HE fire - spoils the game for me.

Just me? 

[CATS]
Players
26,859 posts
14,396 battles

Fire is a crutch, when the target is heavily armored and angled. Otherwise AP is better.

A BB that is shooting HE all the time is lowering his damage.

[-FC-]
Players
319 posts
12,074 battles

Indeed - still damn annoying to be on the receiving end though.  You could probably tell that my OP was a way of me venting some steam after a few awful battles.

But to demonstrate my point, check out Flamu's recent MegaZao video showing a Conqueror doing 250k damage whilst only shooting HE (100k fire damage). It would be a shame if this became a trend for the Brit BBs.

[SLAPP]
Players
1,382 posts
8,690 battles

AP would probably still be better on nice broadsided. but go try to tell that to the average player.

feel like a lot are gonna he spamm. maybe it will work out for some cruisers tho not getting randomly citadelled all the time.

[SHAFT]
Players
1,076 posts
23,151 battles

They also spam HE for those occasional missions too.  But yeah, getting HE spammed both by rapid firing cruisers and BBs really messes up gameplay because all you can do is run, bow tanking doesn't help much particularly if noone is willing to smoke you up.

Sign in to follow this