You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
p0int

Game settings not saving

7 comments in this topic

[JUNK]
Players
24 posts
13,804 battles

Installed WoWS on my SSD on a fresh Windows 10 after buying a new PC. Some of my game settings get overwritten frequently. When it bugs out, the game runs in window mode and my port displays the ships with the compact carousel view and 2 ships per column. My regular settings are full screen and compact carousel with 4 ships per column. Does anyone know why this occurs and how to stop it?

[UNN]
Players
533 posts
2,226 battles

yeah not for me either. Everytime i loads the game its in windowed mode. Every time! So there is an issue since last patch for sure. 

[JUNK]
Players
24 posts
13,804 battles
6 hours ago, Xunarra said:

Switch to directx 9 in game settings, works for me.

Isn't the game already running in DX9 though?

Players
671 posts
2,371 battles
1 hour ago, p0int said:

Isn't the game already running in DX9 though?

The last patch I believe switches to DirectX11. I had the same issue, along with lags in FPS. I reverted to Direct X9 and it's running smoothly on the highest settings again. 

[JUNK]
Players
24 posts
13,804 battles
25 minutes ago, BillydSquid said:

The last patch I believe switches to DirectX11. I had the same issue, along with lags in FPS. I reverted to Direct X9 and it's running smoothly on the highest settings again. 

Oh yeah, switched to DX11 in 0.6.9... I guess it's just a game bug with the new patch, hopefully they fix it soon.

[SCRUB]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,147 posts
16,279 battles

Start game, set settings, alt-tab, find settings file and set it to read only. 

Im on the phone right now so no idea about exact file path, but shouldn't be too hard to find :)