German's battleships  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Is the tier 9 good ?

2. 2. Is the t10 good ?

8 comments in this topic

Players
142 posts
1,677 battles

Anyone have any advice? Generally the high tier meta discourages brawling or closing the distance at all. Most players want to sit back and snipe at max range, and whoever caps the points first wins. As nobody is willing to push to claim them back,

German BBs are promoted as being brawlers. But since nobody is willing to push, they seem to just be giant xp pinatas sitting in the back. If you try to push, you rarely get any support and just get focus fired to death before you can do any good.

I'm not calling for any particular change, since I can't change the way people seem to want to play at high tier. So my question is, how do you play the German BBs effectively at IX and X? What tactics have you found to be effective? 

my second questions would be : are the german's BB good at tier9-10 ? Some people said they start to be "weird"/"bad" at that tier , i don't really understand . I'm actually at the bayern.

Thanks!

( used help from another topic to creat this one ) 

Players
1,054 posts
2,644 battles

I have played both on the PTS a few time, but that doesn't really qualify me to give an opinion. But on the brief play I have had, the T10 seemed pretty good, wasn't sure about the T9 though. Oh, and the 420's all the way. On a BB, there is no substitute for inches.

Players
401 posts
7,897 battles

T9 isnt anything special, more like underwhelming what comes to gunnery. 8 barrels feels bit low taking into account how eradic they are, if the dispersion would be more consistant and bit better it would have 2 different play styles that would work. At longer ranges like in the ocean the guns feel just bad and hardly worth a shot.

Its size isnt really an issue apart from close quarters brawl in tight spots, fires can be an issue and this is where tank build is better.

~140k to go for GK.

Players
401 posts
7,897 battles
4 minutes ago, Culhaut_AlexX said:

But do you play them as brawlers ?

Depends on situation, mostly yes and especially with 2ndary build. There are many situations where pushing into sub 13km is too risky to consider and you need to break away or seek hard cover. Survival build you can be bit more agressive vs multiple ships since you can have max 3 fires at once, 2ndary build you want to sit around 10-14km away from biggest thread and use secondaries if enemy want to push closer or you cannot compete with mainguns ( iowa, missouri bow tanking as example).

Players
160 posts
9,857 battles

I hated the TIX. Very unreliable main battery due to poor dispersion and low volume (only 8 shells). Tanky, sure, but that's no good if you don't diss out a good deal of damage. Secondaries are great, but at this tier secondary builds are risky and often suffer.

I love the TX. It's very very strong. Dispersion is still mediocre at best but with 12 shells you will punish stuff hard regardless. It's insanely tanky, and hydro is always nice to have :)

Don't have the Montana but IMO GK is both stronger and more fun then Yamato (which I do own). Don't think it IS stronger, it just fits my fairly aggressive style better since it's both tankier and has hydro.

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

FdG is great for me. It's dispersion is fine for mid range. Lots hate it however but I use it as a mid range stealth ship.

GK offends me because of her massive size. It's stupidly large and although it's fantasy I wonder if any port could have handled it's fat @$$. If i ever play GK much I'd have to get Fire Prevention since it's so easy to spam down.

Sign in to follow this