You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Streef_

next lavel gameplay guides: german battleships

26 comments in this topic

Players
116 posts
2,331 battles

(disclaimer) because only scrub non-wallet warriers play low tiers i will only talk about tier 7+ german bb

1. durability

first and most important you gotta talk about the durability of german bbs. it sucks. german bbs cant take hits, and so i will recommand as with most other bbs that you snipe. this playstyle is enhanced by excellent dispersion and sigma of german bb (see gneisenau, bismarck). when playing german bb expect to see citadel offten, especially through front. this is why many player call german bbs a "line of pensacola" (quote marks so its true). german bbs also fall behind in hp because they are weak and have little superstructure so they dont get as many wg hit points.

2. guns

as i mentioned earier, german bbs have very good and accurate sniper rifles. you immediate see this from bayern and gneisenau who like the other higher tiers are extremely accurate and i recommend sitting back as far as possible with spotter plane so you can snipe at very unmanoefubaevfrable dds from very long range (gearing, fletcher).

like the uk rn bbs german bbs also feature excellent he so i recommend he spamming to because bb ap is fairly weak especially against dds, if you want the big hits you wanna fire he!!1!1!1111!!1

3. manoefubaevfrablility

german bbs are fairly manoefubaevfrable, so you can expect to dodge shell at long ranges, especially slow ones from noob easy ship like akizuki

they are very manoefubaevfrable to the extent that you dont ever need steering gears mod and instead can use the fire one because you gotta buff the low survivability of these sniper battleships

4. my unicum lodout

equipemnt:

tier 1 slot (slot 1) - magazine mod 1 (to reduce high chance of detonation, as seen when bismarck was detonated by hood irl)

tier 5 slot (slot 2) - main battery mod 2 (to increase meh turret traverse, reload is overrated anyway)

tier 9 slot (slot 3) - gun fire control system mod 2 (to increase your sniper range)

tier 3 slot (slot 4) - propulsion mod 1 (means you dont lose engines so much when you get those punishing, often citadels)

tier 6 slot (slot 5) - damacon 2 (to increase bad survivability)

tier 8 slot (slot 6) - target acquisition mod 1 (you can expect to be torpedoed a lot whilst border humping

captain skils:

rank 1 - first take incoming fire alert (to try and dodge the enemy shots from other sniper battleship)

rank 2 - first take last stand (to make sure that even if you lose your engine you can keep going)

rank 3 - first take survivability expert (to increase bad survivability), once youve taken all of the other skills get emergency takeoff and DE (emergency takeoff to make your spotter plane take off when youre on fire and de to buff bad battlehsip fire chance) and finally vigilance (to protect yourself from sniper homing torpedoes, srsly these things are dangerous, i drive straight as possible but they still hit)

rank 4 - first take ifhe to increase he effectiveness

4. my unicum consumable lodout

for your consumables you must always take NON-PREMIUM consumables

this is because premium consumables are a scam created by WG to promote and slowly introduce a p2w culture into world of warships

thanks for reading my super important guide, hopefully you can be more unicum battleship like me after you read this

if youre in a battleship dont forget to drive straight at quarter speed (or not move if possible) and put out single fires for more dodge and survivability

thanks for storozhevoignevni for proof reading

pls tell me if you want the font size larger because your potato eyes cant read it

• Cool 17

[CAIN]
Players
4,497 posts
18,963 battles

You forgot to add, that Spotterplane is a MUST for even longer range sniping.

Also, while the spotter plane is on cooldown, the KM BB player is well advised to move even further from the battle and hide. This is an easy way to guarantee the survival and the end-victory.

Also, another highly recommended captain skill - which you seem to have missed completely - is Air Supremacy as its common knowledge that the german planes are quite strong and had for the majority of WWII the Air Superiority in europe.

To be honest, such failure is disappointing but then again you are only near-unicum ( or what we call around here a 1%-short-of-being-unicum-player) so i won't hold it against you.

• Cool 1

Beta Tester
808 posts
8,067 battles

You let @StorozhevoiGnevni proofread? That was the biggest mistake ever. I came here to troll but since he's our CLANLEADER I can't.

I am going to try this build out. Kuru here i come..

• Cool 2

Players
116 posts
2,331 battles
5 minutes ago, P2Win said:

You let @StorozhevoiGnevni proofread? That was the biggest mistake ever. I came here to troll but since he's our CLANLEADER I can't.

lul.png

Players
116 posts
2,331 battles
15 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Needs more Comic Sans MS

noted for my future next lavel gameplay guides

Players
116 posts
2,331 battles
17 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

You forgot to add, that Spotterplane is a MUST for even longer range sniping.

Also, while the spotter plane is on cooldown, the KM BB player is well advised to move even further from the battle and hide. This is an easy way to guarantee the survival and the end-victory.

Also, another highly recommended captain skill - which you seem to have missed completely - is Air Supremacy as its common knowledge that the german planes are quite strong and had for the majority of WWII the Air Superiority in europe.

To be honest, such failure is disappointing but then again you are only near-unicum ( or what we call around here a 1%-short-of-being-unicum-player) so i won't hold it against you.

im sorry i failed you :(

i will never be a unicum

[CAIN]
Players
4,497 posts
18,963 battles
Just now, Streef_ said:

im sorry i failed you :(

i will never be a unicum

You can make up for this embarrassment by taking out your highest tier german BB and play it like it should be played: sniping from A1 or J10.

And pls, for the love of all that's holy: take the spotter plane this time.

Players
116 posts
2,331 battles
Just now, Jethro_Grey said:

You can make up for this embarrassment by taking out your highest tier german BB and play it like it should be played: sniping from A1 or J10.

And pls, for the love of all that's holy: take the spotter plane this time.

nah ill wait for flamu to do that once he realises he's playing all his km bbs wrong

Privateer
68 posts
9,223 battles
14 minutes ago, P2Win said:

Just an official humble diplomat, @P2Win I wonder if you realised how I actually used this build in all possible clan trainings and that is the only reason we are still holding up as a clan so definietly I would recommend you use the build knowing it will put you in the top average damage on the server.

Beta Tester
808 posts
8,067 battles
7 minutes ago, StorozhevoiGnevni said:

Just an official humble diplomat, @P2Win I wonder if you realised how I actually used this build in all possible clan trainings and that is the only reason we are still holding up as a clan so definietly I would recommend you use the build knowing it will put you in the top average damage on the server.

Lol...I am going to try this on my hindenburg. should put me north of 180k average damage.

Players
116 posts
2,331 battles
Just now, P2Win said:

Lol...I am going to try this on my hindenburg. should put me north of 180k average damage.

dont jump the gun, wait until i have a guide out for german cruisers

[ENUF]
[ENUF]
Players
2,111 posts
21,603 battles

Nice one. Can you make a guide about 20km-torpedo Shimakaze? Or spotter plane + range extension Des Moines? Or IFHE Yamato?

Players
746 posts
14,336 battles
13 hours ago, Streef_ said:

captain skils:

rank 1 - first take incoming fire alert (to try and dodge the enemy shots from other sniper battleship)

rank 3 - first take survivability expert (to increase bad survivability), once youve taken all of the other skills get emergency takeoff and DE (emergency takeoff to make your spotter plane take off when youre on fire and de to buff bad battlehsip fire chance) and finally vigilance (to protect yourself from sniper homing torpedoes, srsly these things are dangerous, i drive straight as possible but they still hit)

Very Very important neeeds proper color :cap_like:

yes yes yes :Smile_trollface:

Spoiler

[UTW]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
8,979 posts
7,359 battles

Just an addition : with german Battleship, if you are ever foolish enough to approach a cap, you MUST go for the one that is the farthest away from the enemy team and preferably where you can't snipe for a whole 5 minutes. D in North is the best example, but C in Mountain Range is quite good too.

• Cool 1

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,081 posts
11,132 battles

I used this guide and instantly jumped to 110% WR

Bismarck bestest sniperer BB.
It could use a buff though, my secondaries can only shoot up to 11km, but on the Nurnberg, the 150mm can fire up to 16km without AFT !
Obvious oversight
pls buff

[SERBS]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,404 posts
8,257 battles

Yep, that's pretty much it.

Players
116 posts
2,331 battles
16 minutes ago, walter3kurtz said:

Agreed with previous posters, this needs comic sans in purple.

ill get round to it :)

Edit: is it unicum enough now?