a_minor_setback

cant change fullscreen windowed res

2 comments in this topic

Question

Players
9 posts
2,053 battles

i've got a big 40inch 4k monitor, which is great and everything when watching moves and stuff but games useful things like the map are tiny.

so i have the res lowered to 2560 x 1440 FULL SCREEN and its fine but when i alt tab to check other things the cursor becomes miniscule, which is fine in port but if you are manually selecting aircraft to focus its tricky.

on the NA client i've been able to run it 2560x full screen borderless window and alt-tabbing causes no shrinkage, but on the EU instance it won't let me run fullscreen windowed modes in any other res than the full 4k which sucks on a big monitor, also runs my rig very hot.

anyone had the issue and know a way to work around this or fix it?

1 answer to this question

Players
100 posts
13,497 battles

Well I play on Full HD (1080p) in a small monitor, but i guess it depends on a distance.. Even when i played on a TV for the lols, its difficult to play RTS games (everything is minified to me and i cant quite focus)..

There is also a trick I dont remember how it was exactly (from the Amd/Nvdia panel), that you force GPU to do the upscales on fullscreen, but I guess it doesnt count as borderless.

You could also try to select a larger desktop cursor (or increase the DPI)

And there is another thing you might want to research (virtual super resolutions) that highend GPUs offer, (basically what they do is they render an image to lets say 4k and they downscale it to lower resolutions without losing the quality). (Ofc that would run the rig hot but you could play it in 1080p if you feel its optimal)

** there is also programs like: windowed borderless gaming (and alternatives) that can run windowed games, borderless but you have to play around to figure how to upscale them.. Better in my opinion is to check the GPU makes the upscales/downscales so you can stay in native resolutions (from your Amd/Nvidia panel)

***If you dont get what I mean (probably i might have confused you), google those or search them on youtube