Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Gobbernator

CV with 283mm guns and torpedos...

28 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[SKRUN]
Players
96 posts

XaK6nDI.jpg

 

There is so much going on in this picture i don't even know where to start. I guess this is WGs vision of the US CVs after the great rework of 2017. Not sure what to think about the tier progression - going from tier 9 to a fiji seems odd but i'm not judging. Good luck to captain Nash to commanding that monstrosity.

 

On a more serious note, the new client seems to be beyond buggy.

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
1,806 posts
5,868 battles

Why does the hull upgrade to more range? What's the second line of hulls? Why does those torpedos upgrade to a forth hull? And that looks like the German Graf Spee, but it's the USS Essex, that upgrades to the RN Fiji.

 

I have a headache.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SKRUN]
Players
96 posts

I should've taken a screenshot of the akizuki with the 380mm guns but i clicked around to figure what was going on and the game switched to the above "thing". On top of it, it was rather odd to make screenshots of it. The first batch of "prnt" key pics were just black.

While i could bring up the menu, i could not exit the game (despite hammering the button) and thus had to kill the game process in the end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[JUNK]
[JUNK]
Beta Tester
1,933 posts
8,398 battles

I thought this was going to be a thread about why Lexington doesnt have a hull option with the original giant secondary gun... Not that I think about it I wanna make a thread about Lexingtons sister as a proposed premium tier 7 ship with said secondary guns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BBMMX]
Players
1,053 posts
5,361 battles
1 hour ago, Gobbernator said:

I should've taken a screenshot of the akizuki with the 380mm guns ... 

 

First salvo is devastating but you capsize from the recoil. :Smile_child:

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Took me waaaaayyyy too long to finally see what's wrong with that picture ...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SKRUN]
Players
96 posts
1 hour ago, Major_Damage225 said:

How just lol, did you mess with any files? :Smile_Default:

Nope. Not using any mods, not messing with any files. I did have a crash yesterday while loading into a game though. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,389 posts
12,087 battles

OP: I'll share a secret with you. The current position that CV is in is the absolute most strategic and most highly appreciated position of ANY CV in this game. Grab yourselfs tons of Karma and keep it right there. Like for all eternity. And that goes for all CV's to open the secret even more. I'd advice WG to give any CV owners 50k credits and 1k XP bonus for not playing a CV for every game. Heck: you may deduct this from my income for that matter. In port is the perfect place for this pestilence.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,385 posts
15,539 battles
5 hours ago, Gobbernator said:

There is so much going on in this picture i don't even know where to start. I guess this is WGs vision of the US CVs after the great rework of 2017. Not sure what to think about the tier progression - going from tier 9 to a fiji seems odd but i'm not judging. Good luck to captain Nash to commanding that monstrosity.

 

On a more serious note, the new client seems to be beyond buggy.

 

As long as guns don't shoot planes and torpedoes don't fly - it is all fine. You just need to adapt. :Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ONE2]
Players
3,084 posts
21,599 battles

Well, we could also add the Japanese Ise class Battleship-Carrier to the game. That might be interesting. A 54 plane compliment of aircraft + 8*356 mm battleship guns and quite deadly close-range AA suite (16*12.7mm, 104*20mm, 180*127mm AA rockets in 6*30 tube rocket launchers) AND a radar... Speed was only 23 knots though, but otherwise a VERY interesting ship, which also actually existed to boot!

 

Would love for that to make an appearance at some point. :Smile_teethhappy: It could become one of the more useful carriers, since it could demi-BB (maybe not an awfully strong one, admittedly, but a challenge enough for an average cruiser methinks) after all the planes were used up...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XODUS]
Players
799 posts
4,866 battles

Confirmed

the Ghost of Jackie Fisher is the head of Wargaming's RnD

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,798 posts
6,659 battles
15 hours ago, Strappster said:

 

First salvo is devastating but you capsize from the recoil. :Smile_child:

This reminds me of HMS Agincourt (14x12" guns, 7x2) - there were bets going round the Grand Fleet whether she would capsize if shooting a full broadside :).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ONE2]
Players
3,084 posts
21,599 battles

Apparently, during the Battle of Jutland she fired quite a few salvos and survived the experience... Though some of those famous Gin glasses might have shattered a bit...:cap_tea:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,081 posts
11,129 battles
12 hours ago, Ferry_25 said:

OP: I'll share a secret with you. The current position that CV is in is the absolute most strategic and most highly appreciated position of ANY CV in this game. Grab yourselfs tons of Karma and keep it right there. Like for all eternity. And that goes for all CV's to open the secret even more. I'd advice WG to give any CV owners 50k credits and 1k XP bonus for not playing a CV for every game. Heck: you may deduct this from my income for that matter. In port is the perfect place for this pestilence.

 

Whenever someone says anything like that, I play a few games in CVs just out of spite.

Thanks to you, someone will be receiving an express torpedo and bomb delivery :cap_like:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[XODUS]
Players
799 posts
4,866 battles
1 hour ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Apparently, during the Battle of Jutland she fired quite a few salvos and survived the experience... Though some of those famous Gin glasses might have shattered a bit...:cap_tea:

not a single bit of crockery survived the battle

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ONE2]
Players
3,084 posts
21,599 battles

It would be interesting to see it in this game though, either under British or Turkish Flag (I heard the Turks were long bitter that Britain failed to hand it over after completion - They had already collected large bit of crockery just for this purpose). Perhaps one of the premiums I would actually consider buying.:cap_cool:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,798 posts
6,659 battles
1 minute ago, RAHJAILARI said:

It would be interesting to see it in this game though, either under British or Turkish Flag (I heard the Turks were long bitter that Britain failed to hand it over after completion - They had already collected large bit of crockery just for this purpose). Perhaps one of the premiums I would actually consider buying.:cap_cool:

The ship was paid for with a subscription by the Ottoman public ("own a bit of a BB") and the Turkish crew were waiting to board then sail her away before being deported back to Turkey. Churchill made the right decision, the Ottomans had already committed to the Central Powers.

 

Premium - my wallet has a designated area already and has done since before the game launched :)

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,385 posts
15,539 battles
5 hours ago, RAHJAILARI said:

(...) A 54 plane compliment of aircraft + 8*356 mm battleship guns and quite deadly close-range AA suite (16*12.7mm, 104*20mm, 180*127mm AA rockets in 6*30 tube rocket launchers) AND a radar... (...)

 

 FYI 22 and as far as AA goes, 25mm were used on IJN battleships, not 20 mm. You sure you copypasted right information?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ONE2]
Players
3,084 posts
21,599 battles

Yupsie, I am familiar with the details of the deal. Could have been considered quite daft to hand it over at the time. But shame on all that excess of unsmashed crockery in Turkey afterwards. They even had to use them to repel a Greek invasion after the war, the stockpile was so huge... :cap_win: They won that one on account of having vastly bigger reserves, of course.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ONE2]
Players
3,084 posts
21,599 battles
4 minutes ago, Skyllon said:

 

 FYI 22.

Well yes,but as originally planned, they had envisioned 54 (that would be totally OP though). It just never worked out quite right (and the entire concept was a bit on the mad-scientist side anyways). I would be quite comfortable with the actual 22 though.:cap_popcorn:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,385 posts
15,539 battles
1 minute ago, RAHJAILARI said:

Well yes,but as originally planned, they had envisioned 54 (that would be totally OP though). It just never worked out quite right (and the entire concept was a bit on the mad-scientist side anyways). I would be quite comfortable with the actual 22 though.:cap_popcorn:

 

In aircraft carrier option, not hybrid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×