Roran_Hawkins

Long loading times and rendering issues since 0.6.9

6 comments in this topic

Question

Players
38 posts
2,081 battles

Since updating and installing the latest patch the game has turned sour for me. I suddenly began suffering from extremely long loading times for the different menu's, and especially battles themselves. Where previously I could count upon my game loading before the timer hit the 20-seconds mark, now it has become a rule that I cannot join a game before a full minute and a half has passed.

On top of that the gameplay itself has been completely warped. I suffer from tedious rendering issues where spotted enemy and allied ships simply don't render (visible on the minimap, not on screen). As a result I keep being pelted by invisible ships I cannot target or protect myself from. It has gotten quite extreme as ships being spotted 12km away can charge me from that range, shoot all the while and torpedo me at 2-3km range, still unrendered and invisible.

To solve this I have attempted several solutions.

• I have attempted to remove my mods (Aslain's modpack) without results
  • I tried turning down my graphics to low without any observable changes
  • A repair install achieved nothing
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling the game changed little, as issues persisted
  • Switching between DX11 and DX9 brought no improvement either
  • My firewall settings allow the game full access so the issue isn't there either
  • I tried clearing up space on my C: drive (previously only 10GB free space, brought it down to 30GB free space without changes, reverted back to 16GB free space now (game is on D: drive, C: only contains personal documents and the OS)

Quite frankly I have reached a point where I gave up on finding a solution myself. Any other game on my computer still runs perfectly on whatever graphic level I choose it to run at, so I'm extremely doubtful that the issue lies on my end. In fact, even ubisoft multiplayer games with their terrible reputation for networking issues run smoothly and without issue. The timing of this could not be worse as I had just invented a sizeable sum in the game (which I ordinarily never do) to have some fun at trying to unlock the British BB's before they get released, but now I just find myself frustrated at even attempting to run the game.

Are there any tech savvy saviours out there who can help point me in the right direction?

• Cool 1

5 answers to this question

[-SOG-]
Players
4 posts
3,591 battles

I don't have the solution for it and sorry for bringing up an ''old'' topic. 

But I am happy to find out that I'm not the only person who is having issues since the last patch. However I've only started to notice the issues a few days back.

I first noticed it when it took longer than normal to load ships in port, amount of time it took for me to get in game and when playing with the carrier that my planes stayed in place (also enemy planes), while my friend could see me moving my planes around.

I tried reinstalling the game, without any effect, defraged my drive, change settings, no result.

Players
480 posts
10,315 battles

And me too in the last couple of days. 10 FPS and a ping of 30+ makes the gameplay very laggy and jerky, only happening since the last update. All my other on line games are great just unfortunately the one I cannot know play.Never had any problem before but it's really annoying.

[NED]
Players
18 posts
5,252 battles

Same problem since last patch: the game has become unplayable, I sent a ticket, and they have not found anything on "their end".... which is odd, because just like you everything else works fine without any hickups except for wows.......

- Extreme long loading times (fluctuating from 3 minutes up to 9 minutes)

- invisible enemy ships firing very close to me, I can't return fire, becasue they are not showing..... (they can be seen on the minimap).

- I have not seen an unrendered friendly ship yet, but some enemy ships don't render.

Perhaps we should compare our pc's to see if something is conflicting with the "new" programming WG did?

- Intel Core i5 6600K

- 16 GB RRAM 2.4 GHz

- MSI Geforce GTX 970 Gaming 4 G

- game is installed on my Seagate Desktop HDD ST2000DM001, 2TB

Let me know if they have been able to fix the problem!

Players
1 post
357 battles

Got same problem. + it started for me on saturday. Was fine on friday. But saturday and today I still cant even log in sometimes.

I press login, the game loads but then it stops login and the "login button" is gray.

When I am in, I try to go into a battle then it loads forever

[NED]
Players
18 posts
5,252 battles

I got a solution and it worked!!!

"Please delete the preferences.xml file from your World Of Warships game directory and run the game again as an administrator.

If the method didn't work, please make sure to run game and while being in a game, press CTRL+ALT+DELETE -> Task Manager -> Processes -> WorldofWarships.exe -> set the priority to high."

The first part: deleting preferences.xml and starting as admin made my game work again!: Try it out and let us know here in the thread if it worked!

many thanx to the Customer Service Representative Karel Kovář!!!