[Answered] Best Tier IX ship for Yamamoto campaign

13 comments in this topic

Question

[-TB-]
Players
13 posts
2,437 battles

Hello World of Warships Forum,

The question is simple. I currently have the possibility to get any Tier 9 ship in the game (if necessary even Missouri, excluding USS Black because obvious reasons)

I have almost no experience in high ranking battles but I don´t want to miss out on Yamamoto since some missions require Tier IX minimum.

What ship should I get ? Thanks in advace!

Edited by AK11_Hangar_1
answered

12 answers to this question

[-TB-]
Players
13 posts
2,437 battles

True. I have a tier VIII destroyer and currently about 700.000 free xp. I need an allrounder that has the biggest impact on all of the missions. I think without a tier IX cruiser its impossible to get Yamamoto.

Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
666 posts
5,428 battles

correct me if Im wrong here, but as far as I know the Yamamoto campaign is permanent, so you wont really 'miss out'. As for which tier IX cruiser I would reccomend, depends on the mission. An all rounder would probably be Ibuki, it has fire, useable torps for torp missions, workable AP, good stealth, so capture possibilities.

• Cool 2

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,656 posts
10,193 battles

Yeah, Yamamoto campaign is permanent, so you have time to get him.

For the credit mission, Missouri is the best :P

[-TB-]
Players
13 posts
2,437 battles

It´s permanent ? That just took SO much pressure and future grind tears off me. Thanks! And I guess I can save it for Missouri then :)

Uh... how do I close this again ?

• Cool 1

[72]
Beta Tester
450 posts
10,068 battles

Some of the missions are ship dependant. One is to score 40 citadels in a cruiser. Baltimore and Des Moines shine in that mission due to the plunging AP characteristic. Either a US or IJN crusier would be my advice. I like the Roon, but its not the easiest ship to play. The Balti is a good all rounder with a reasonably fire chance for the fire damage missions.

[-TB-]
Players
13 posts
2,437 battles

Thank you, I will keep that in mind for future grinding :)

Players
746 posts
14,336 battles
4 hours ago, AK11_Hangar_1 said:

Hello World of Warships Forum,

The question is simple. I currently have the possibility to get any Tier 9 ship in the game (if necessary even Missouri, excluding USS Black because obvious reasons)

I have almost no experience in high ranking battles but I don´t want to miss out on Yamamoto since some missions require Tier IX minimum.

What ship should I get ? Thanks in advace!

With free x GET MISSOURI DONT WASTE it to unlock normal ships!!!

Missions are repeatable so when u finish 1 u can click and run it again, complete again and u will get again the stars reward.

So, that means u dont need anything else different than Tier8 ship to complete campaign and get Yamamoto

Any ship is good just Tier8 and stick with simple missions as get 30k XP

Players
1,678 posts
13,636 battles

Get Baltimore, play Baltimore until you unlock Des Moines, play Des Moines to complete the cruiser tasks.

For the damage, XP, and credit based tasks you can use any ship so Missouri does seem to be a solid pick since you are already that close.

[-TB-]
Players
13 posts
2,437 battles
14 hours ago, _VAMPA_ said:

With free x GET MISSOURI DONT WASTE it to unlock normal ships!!!

Missions are repeatable so when u finish 1 u can click and run it again, complete again and u will get again the stars reward.

So, that means u dont need anything else different than Tier8 ship to complete campaign and get Yamamoto

Any ship is good just Tier8 and stick with simple missions as get 30k XP

Thank you for your advice! I will make sure to get the Missouri next. Also thanks for the really helpful info how the missions work! 

ezgif.com-gif-maker.gif.5d206b8d5624eb2aa51f71c1390443d9.gif

[SERBS]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,401 posts
8,252 battles

You have more missions for tier VIII-X than IX-X + easier.