Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
waxx25

Why not make a premium time only MM?

70 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[-AP-]
Players
1,296 posts
11,488 battles

Seriously why not? I don't want to spend money anymore on this game if somebody who plays for free can either face against me and make it a worthless game or be on my team and make it a bad game. So guys, this is short and undetailed but what do you think?

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BYOB]
[BYOB]
Players
4,563 posts
20,139 battles

Do you really believe that there are no potatoes with premium time playing the game?

Premium time MM would guarantee you nothing.

  • Cool 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Weekend Tester
805 posts
4,465 battles
11 minutes ago, waxx25 said:

Seriously why not? I don't want to spend money anymore on this game if somebody who plays for free can either face against me and make it a worthless game or be on my team and make it a bad game. So guys, this is short and undetailed but what do you think?

 

Short and undetailed answer: No.

 

Having money and being good at a game are two different things, not sure where this idea that players with premium time are better than those that play for free comes from.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-AP-]
Players
1,296 posts
11,488 battles
5 minutes ago, Aragathor said:

Do you really believe that there are no potatoes with premium time playing the game?

Premium time MM would guarantee you nothing.

no, I am fully aware a lot of potatoes have premium but I bet no bots do.

4 minutes ago, rvfharrier said:

 

Short and undetailed answer: No.

a simple no works but since we are trying to be clever. In an undetailed and short reply to yours......thx for your opinion potato.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Weekend Tester
805 posts
4,465 battles

I'm actually not a potato and I can conclusively prove it:

 

28Zq2a8.jpg

 

Only good players run premium right? Roll out this special MM!

 

Seriously....

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ONE2]
Players
3,084 posts
21,562 battles

That would no doubt result in some unintentionally hilarious MM and gameplay. Because if I was a complete potato (and I may well be), the first 2 things I would spend my daddy's money on would be premium time and a premium ship, possibly a Tirpitz or an Atago eh?

 

I remember those golden days well, the newfound Atagoland, the Tirpizia torpedo-boat flotillas... Oh golden memories. :fish_cute_2:

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HOO]
[HOO]
Players
481 posts

I agree that its less likely that bots will have premium accounts.   But, if the goal is to eliminate the bots, they should just focus on that rather than create a "premium only MM".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[ONE2]
Players
3,084 posts
21,562 battles

Yeah, I like to play in division with my friends. Some of them are beta testers and have been playing this game since its pre-release testing. They tend to be VERY good and I have learned much from them. They almost never bother to play premium anymore (don't need it to get xp, you know).

 

This kind of thing would just mean they will move on and start playing something else instead and myself with them. So player numbers would plummet and as we know from early morning games, when you have only a few players around the MM is going to be horrible every time or maybe you will not find enough players to get a full team. Just replace them with bots then like in War Thunder?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles

I don't think premium time is a good prediction method to base on the expected level of plays... I mean I'm still not as good as I hope to be someday ( nice word choice right :Smile_hiding: ) but I'm certainly better as I was. And it's back then that I always ran premium time, and now I don't. So no, premium time would make me have to play with the 'bad players' since I would suddenly be a 'bad player'. Not fun. 

 

Also didn't that famous haxxxpack for WoT only run with a premium account ( and this lead to many people claiming the reason WG can't 'stop' them is because they don't want to as people need to pay to use it.. )? 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-AP-]
Players
1,296 posts
11,488 battles
12 minutes ago, mtm78 said:

I don't think premium time is a good prediction method to base on the expected level of plays... I mean I'm still not as good as I hope to be someday ( nice word choice right :Smile_hiding: ) but I'm certainly better as I was. And it's back then that I always ran premium time, and now I don't. So no, premium time would make me have to play with the 'bad players' since I would suddenly be a 'bad player'. Not fun. 

 

Also didn't that famous haxxxpack for WoT only run with a premium account ( and this lead to many people claiming the reason WG can't 'stop' them is because they don't want to as people need to pay to use it.. )? 

I dont mean make premium only MM to increase the quality of player in general. I also stopped buying premium because i just dont need it anymore. If WG wants to increase paying customers then maybe a premium only MM would help that. They can still leave the regular MM as it is just add another. I hate to say it but people that cant afford premium are the ones playing with garbage computers that barely run the game making for dd's that spawn 30sec after game starts and of course the bots would be diminished. I feel like it would give me a reason to buy premium again. I like this game and do not want to stop helping it with my money but I just see no need.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
4,389 posts
12,087 battles

If I understand OP correct he isn't as much sugesting a "super league of extrordinary player" but suggesting that (most) people who take a premium account at least are trying to play well. And I find that a very valid motivation. Of course there will always be potatoes with premium.  Looking in the mirror right now. But I can always fullheartedly claim I'm doing my utmost best. Because of the simple reason I'm trying to get the most out of my premium account. In this light I think OP has a very valid POV which I completely support.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,199 posts
14,266 battles
2 hours ago, waxx25 said:

Seriously why not? I don't want to spend money anymore on this game if somebody who plays for free can either face against me and make it a worthless game or be on my team and make it a bad game. So guys, this is short and undetailed but what do you think?

We just need Clanwars. Also premium time does not give any clue if that captain is good or bad just that he have or don't have will to spend money on this game. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
3,318 posts
14,515 battles

At the high tiers I would argue that F2P-players will be more engaged into the game than premium-time users. 

 

Also this whole idea is just a super silly alternative to skill-based MM. 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,199 posts
14,266 battles
2 hours ago, waxx25 said:

no, I am fully aware a lot of potatoes have premium but I bet no bots do.

a simple no works but since we are trying to be clever. In an undetailed and short reply to yours......thx for your opinion potato.

Bots probably have it. Bots usually have premium ship to.....you bot account so you can sell it. You wanna grind double time so you could sell it faster.....Also peoples who buys account wanna ship lines plus resources. So premium time and premium ship are regular stuff on bot accounts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
430 posts
4,269 battles
5 minutes ago, waxx25 said:

I dont mean make premium only MM to increase the quality of player in general. I also stopped buying premium because i just dont need it anymore. If WG wants to increase paying customers then maybe a premium only MM would help that. They can still leave the regular MM as it is just add another. I hate to say it but people that cant afford premium are the ones playing with garbage computers that barely run the game making for dd's that spawn 30sec after game starts and of course the bots would be diminished. I feel like it would give me a reason to buy premium again. I like this game and do not want to stop helping it with my money but I just see no need.

Having separate MM for premium accounts would also all but remove all the OP premium ships from the regular queue, because most of the people that can afford buying these ships are the ones that can afford purchasing premium time. Esp. those kind of players who think buying a premium ship will make them better or have more success - they'd all siphon to premium MM.

 

So while my initial thought about the idea was that it's a massive troll post. Now I say BRING IT ON!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
5,609 posts
5,569 battles
2 hours ago, rvfharrier said:

Having money and being good at a game are two different things, not sure where this idea that players with premium time are better than those that play for free comes from.

 

That's the old argument of wannabe elitist claiming that paying for the game somehow makes you better player. Discussion old as the f2p games themselves and also absolutely completely nonsensical and fruitless.

 

As for the meritum, only thing that it would accomplish is longer waiting time for everyone. Though the hilarity that would ensue is almost worth it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-AP-]
Players
1,296 posts
11,488 battles
19 minutes ago, mrk421 said:

Having separate MM for premium accounts would also all but remove all the OP premium ships from the regular queue, because most of the people that can afford buying these ships are the ones that can afford purchasing premium time. Esp. those kind of players who think buying a premium ship will make them better or have more success - they'd all siphon to premium MM.

 

So while my initial thought about the idea was that it's a massive troll post. Now I say BRING IT ON!!!

you misunderstand. I dont mean move all premium players to a separate MM. I mean make another option, like ranked or team battles except premium only randoms.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles
42 minutes ago, waxx25 said:

I dont mean make premium only MM to increase the quality of player in general. I also stopped buying premium because i just dont need it anymore. If WG wants to increase paying customers then maybe a premium only MM would help that. They can still leave the regular MM as it is just add another. I hate to say it but people that cant afford premium are the ones playing with garbage computers that barely run the game making for dd's that spawn 30sec after game starts and of course the bots would be diminished. I feel like it would give me a reason to buy premium again. I like this game and do not want to stop helping it with my money but I just see no need.

 

The answer for you is below ;) ( I hope.. )

 

39 minutes ago, Ferry_25 said:

If I understand OP correct he isn't as much sugesting a "super league of extrordinary player" but suggesting that (most) people who take a premium account at least are trying to play well. And I find that a very valid motivation. Of course there will always be potatoes with premium.  Looking in the mirror right now. But I can always fullheartedly claim I'm doing my utmost best. Because of the simple reason I'm trying to get the most out of my premium account. In this light I think OP has a very valid POV which I completely support.

 

Well yeah that's true in a sense. I just know some free2play players which have better stats as me so I just didn't see the 'split' of community based on premium time. But I guess if you want to claim that premium time users are less likely to not care about their performance I tend to agree. The reason you have premium time is to speed up the grind / increase economic returns, and if you want that you automatically care about your performance. Sadly there are still people saving their HP for the next battle, so still while they might care, it doesn't really influence much I fear. 

 

36 minutes ago, 15JG52Adler said:

We just need Clanwars. Also premium time does not give any clue if that captain is good or bad just that he have or don't have will to spend money on this game. 

 

This is the answer for waxxx25, and I recon many others. 

 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[-AP-]
Players
1,296 posts
11,488 battles
3 hours ago, Nechrom said:

Are you aware of how F2P games function?

*Edited

Btw, Thx MTM78 you put it perfectly.

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to inappropriate remarks and non constructive.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles
10 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

Are you aware of how F2P games function?

 

So there are no F2P games with parts of the game being behind a paywall? Mind you, not arguing for a 'premium account MM selection' as I already sad I don't think it would make any difference. But I don't think it's unheard off for a f2p game to have parts of that game behind a paywall. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×