You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
UssBarricade

Games being ruin

45 comments in this topic

Players
2 posts
1,710 battles

Im sick and tierd of  over powered ships in this Game like kamikaze and all Aircraft Carrier and torps  they  need all nerfs  not fun when  you cant avoid torps from Aircraft Carrier becuase they drop them 1 km from your ship and hit and kamikaze  low detaction range of 5 km is broken [edited]hell so im  quiting the game until they nerf all these things and ps  buff  god dam american cruser armor  paper armor that can be 1 shoted every time is annoying

Players
2 posts
1,710 battles

i do play all classes  thats not the point the point is   fixing the problem with the game  witch makes it un fun to play  wich i stated above im sure alot of people   feel the same about  torps from Aircraft carriers  1 km away unavoid and  kamikaze low detection range and the dmg torps do  is really dumb  nerf torp dmg by 5k nerf carriers  droping torps so close   just makes it not fun at all

[R3B3L]
Players
893 posts
29,561 battles

When you see a squadron of torpedo bombers approaching you > turn towards them. You give a smaller target, it helps a bit.

For more tips and examples have a look at Youtube.

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
805 posts
4,465 battles

DD torpedoes are a very inconsistent way of doing damage, even if it doesn't feel like it when you eat three or four of them, and DDs rely on their stealth to survive as they have no armour and very little HP. Nerfing torpedo damage and/or stealth will be game breaking for them as a class, especially at higher tiers. The Kamikaze you cited as an individual ship is pretty OP, but that's a balancing issue with the ship rather than with DDs as a whole. As for your suggestion of nerfing torp damage by 5k, think of the poor Sampson who you would see left with 900 damage torps before accounting for torpedo protection.

Carriers are a class in crisis at the moment. Top tier and in the hands of a skilled player they can almost single handedly decide games and are incredibly strong, bottom tier or in the hands of a lesser skilled player and they struggle to even be relevant. The skill gap/ceiling on them is huge and their reliance on MM is more so than any other class. WG has promised a rework on them for a long time now but without results or even indication of progress. There's certainly a historical precedent for them being strong, but not many are happy with the way they're currently implemented regardless of which side of the debate they're on.

For the record, carriers aren't actually able to drop that close to ships. The arming distance on air-dropped torps is quite large and it's not uncommon to see carriers misjudging it. Nothing like watching a ship absolutely dead to rights only for none of the torps to arm and for four or five torps to bounce harmlessly off the hull!

WG Team, WoWs Wiki Team
3,500 posts
13,830 battles
2 hours ago, UssBarricade said:

im sure alot of people   feel the same

Nope, only those without skill and the ability to learn from their mistakes :cap_like:

• Cool 4

[CATS]
Players
26,761 posts
14,375 battles

You start evading torpedo bombers when they appear, not when they are dropping torpedos. You are doing it wrong.

And no, Kamikaze is not too strong. Kamikaze is an Anti-Noob ship. If she hits or devasting strikes you regularly, you do not know how to move your ship. One could say that you move too much in a straight line at constant speed. Good captains get rarely sunk by Kamikazes.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,869 posts
9,434 battles

The kind of player WG should definitely listen to and take seriously. Balanced, reasonable, constructive and well-spoken.

And unless it wasn't obvious enough, that was sarcasm.

• Cool 4

[ONE2]
Players
3,084 posts
21,540 battles

Woot? Kamikaze is OP? Never realized that in fact though I know I'm in trouble when facing one, but again I like to play Fujin, which turns out to be identical to Kamikaze and also to Minekaze...

I think what puts Kamikazes apart is that they are by large part piloted by players, who are actually good. It is not a ship you can buy, they had to earn it.

[WGB]
Players
198 posts
2,674 battles
30 minutes ago, RAHJAILARI said:

It is not a ship you can buy, they had to earn it.

Sorry to burst your bubble bro, I bought mine about 6 months ago with an in-game (Port) offer with 27% discount which sent me to a special page for purchase..

• Cool 1

[SERBS]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,402 posts
8,255 battles

Another topic about CV

L2P

[WGB]
Players
198 posts
2,674 battles

OP, you have a Cleveland, set up an AA build and seek revenge.

[ONE2]
Players
3,084 posts
21,540 battles

Yeah, I know it was sold recently. But I am an old timer and originally Kamikaze was indeed a reward ship from a challenge and many of those, who won it then have kept them to farm credits every now and then. Admittedly, I have noticed some decrease in previously uniformly competent Kamikaze-player pool though, so that would explain it then.

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
763 posts
12,484 battles

I feel for the OP, and agree with some of his points.

Cruisers are not much fun to play at the moment. A citadel hit salvo from a BB ruins most games, and angling is not much of a defence against them.

A decent CV alt attack can drop torps so close that even a DD can do nothing about them.

As for stealth, I think smaller ships have too little and larger ships have too much. Being 'detected' should alert a player to the existence of a DD lurking about, so learn to change speed and direction whilst a stealth BB is just waiting to see your broadside.

• Cool 1

[WGB]
Community Contributor
2,148 posts
28,974 battles
1 minute ago, Armorin said:

Cruisers are not much fun to play at the moment. A citadel hit salvo from a BB ruins most games, and angling is not much of a defence against them.

A decent CV alt attack can drop torps so close that even a DD can do nothing about them.

The game has always been this way, in fact, WG nerfed T4-5 CV's to make life a little easier for low to mid tier players, A DD and Cruiser has abilities that BB's hate (Constant HE - Sniping) it is swings and roundabouts.

[ONE2]
Players
3,084 posts
21,540 battles

Cruiser are a challenge to play, as they do not have stealth and also lack the armor to take a hit. That is true, any BB under 10km away can easily citadel any cruiser any time so life is hazardous indeed. This could only decisively be addressed by limiting the number of capital ships each team is allowed to have, so that Cruiser would always form the numerical core of both teams. I think this would not be possible for the WG to do though. At the least not yet anyway, as BB's are the most popular vehicle...

[KOKOS]
[KOKOS]
Beta Tester, Players
3,387 posts
9,857 battles
6 hours ago, UssBarricade said:

Im sick and tierd of  over powered ships in this Game like kamikaze and all Aircraft Carrier and torps  they  need all nerfs  not fun when  you cant avoid torps from Aircraft Carrier becuase they drop them 1 km from your ship and hit and kamikaze  low detaction range of 5 km is broken [edited]hell so im  quiting the game until they nerf all these things and ps  buff  god dam american cruser armor  paper armor that can be 1 shoted every time is annoying

Another i can't beat them so they must be overpowered topic. :Smile_facepalm:

Spoiler

L2P or uninstall! Problem solved!

Players
157 posts
7,971 battles

Kamikaze has 7km torps and 6km detection radius as standard. Less if commander had CE. But very marginal. 

[ONE2]
Players
3,084 posts
21,540 battles

Yes, in fact... CE will bring that to 5,4 detection range, which is nice... But in no way OP, as the guns a dismal as in most Japanese DD,'s and no armor means instant detonation risk is high.

Players
1,806 posts
5,868 battles
4 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

The+number+1+is+gitgud+_e7fe6ff962df3b52

You know OP? I very rarely agree with the typical "git gut" argument, but this time is all you need. You already know about Kamikaze's detection range so you can anticipate what's going to happen when you face one and play around that to force a mistake out of the Kamikaze, that's why I do, like for example go away and make him chase me so in frustration he'll end up entering detection range.

The only nerf aircraft carriers need is you knowing how to deal with them. Here I admit that months back I went a bit extremist and spend two weeks in the training room with CVs just to figure out the best way to dodge plane torpedo drops, but it is posible to do even playing normally. You just have to try it and get used to it like with anything else in this game.

About USN cruisers... well, if you're talking about armor against BBs... there's not much to say, you're a cruiser, there's not much you can expect about that. Oh, and RN cruisers have even worse armor, so don't even touch those, Save yourself the time.

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
763 posts
12,484 battles
3 minutes ago, ReaperMkV said:

Kamikaze has 7km torps and 6km detection radius as standard. Less if commander had CE. But very marginal. 

Unless they have rapid loading octuple firing thermonuclear warhead rocket propulsion equipped torps, then that doesn't sound so OP to me. Full speed ahead in the same direction captain, there is a DD around who has not had a lucky hit for a while.

• Cool 2

[OCTO]
Players
394 posts
18,103 battles

Try a noob in an Enterprise doing 26K in 5 bomb hits on my Zao in one strike. What an addition to the game. Not only do you get shat on by BB's in cruisers, they put that piece of crap into the game. Max AA on the Zao now then. And playing smarter by not being too far from camping battleships.

To the OP, my tip, get an V-170 and/or a Clemson and practice with these DD's. Get a Minekaze. Learn how to play to your detection range and torp noob BB players to hell. Farm their tears. Once they put some money in, they will be the BB players at back of the map in their T10 BB. Still sailing straight or parked bow on. Get a 10 point captain with concealment for the V-170 and Minekaze.

To any new players, skip through T1-T3 (St Louis is a giggle) and learn your craft at tier 4. Tier 5 is a crap fest that will put you in with tier 7's. This is where Wargaming create the next batch of BB campers. Don't be them, learn DD's. Tier 6 is a crap fest that will put you in with Tier 8's constantly. Unless in a Fuso/New Mex/Bayern/ or a DD, forget it. Tier 7 is pretty good, all ship classes good. You will get tier 8-9's sometimes but generally I think tier 7 is the fairest tier in MM terms. Tier 8 is tier 9-10. Avoid playing cruisers at Tier 8 unless you are a Masochist. You will be crapped on by BB's and all the higher tier cruisers with reload modules and/or fitted with rail guns. Tier 9 is tier 10, but tier 9 ships are basically slightly downgraded tier 10's and can compete. There you go, the game in a nutshell. Yes, I am dissatisfied with the direction this game is heading.

• Cool 3

[WGB]
Players
198 posts
2,674 battles
2 minutes ago, Gudgeon said:

To the OP, my tip, get an V-170 and/or a Clemson and practice with these DD's. Get a Minekaze. Learn how to play to your detection range and torp noob BB players to hell. Farm their tears.

:cap_like: good advice

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
763 posts
12,484 battles
11 minutes ago, Gudgeon said:

Try a noob in an Enterprise doing 26K in 5 bomb hits on my Zao in one strike. What an addition to the game. Not only do you get shat on by BB's in cruisers, they put that piece of crap into the game. Max AA on the Zao now then. And playing smarter by not being too far from camping battleships.

To the OP, my tip, get an V-170 and/or a Clemson and practice with these DD's. Get a Minekaze. Learn how to play to your detection range and torp noob BB players to hell. Farm their tears. Once they put some money in, they will be the BB players at back of the map in their T10 BB. Still sailing straight or parked bow on.

To any new players, skip through T1-T3 (St Louis is a giggle) and learn your craft at tier 4. Tier 5 is a crap fest that will put you in with tier 7's. This is where Wargaming create the next batch of BB campers. Don't be them, learn DD's. Tier 6 is a crap fest that will put you in with Tier 8's. Unless in a Fuso/New Mex/Bayern/ or a DD, forget it. Tier 7 is pretty good, all ship classes good. You will get tier 8-9's sometimes but generally I think tier 7 is the fairest tier in MM terms. Tier 8 is tier 9-10. Avoid playing cruisers at Tier 8 unless you are a Masochist. You will be crapped on by BB's and all the higher tier cruisers with reload modules and/or fitted with rail guns. Tier 9 is tier 10, but tier 9 ships are basically slightly downgraded tier 10's and can compete. There you go, the game in a nutshell.

T4 is a lot of fun. The game seems to go downhill from there, but not got enough higher level ships of all classes and different lines to say this is definitely the case.

I actually seem to do better in a T5-7 match in an Emerald these days then I do in a Fiji. Survive longer and do more damage. Perhaps it's because the Fiji gets marked as a priority target, but in comparison to the Emerald it is like sailing an oil tanker.