Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
ABDAfleet

Journeyman training

9 comments in this topic

[C8H18]
[C8H18]
Players
56 posts
6,369 battles

How about if one could buy a capability for a captain that would allow him to be transferred between tech tree ships as if they were all premiums? If you have ships of the same category (DD, BB, etc.) at multiple tiers then you could transfer this captain between them - instead of needing multiple similarly trained captains. This could be a pricy options, perhaps 5000 doubloons or more .... but some might still like it.

Didn't mean this to go here - it was supposed to go to the suggestions thread ... sorry :-) Don't know how to delete it either ...

Edited by ABDAfleet
Wrong place for suggestion

Players
2,199 posts
14,266 battles

Hmmm interesting idea. I would not buy that kind of captain but not bad idea. 

Like premium "camo" for captain :) It fits one nation whole line of ships. 

500 dublons is retraining x 10 tiers= 5000 as sugested price. Sound fair to me. 

[H_FAN]
Players
2,586 posts
41,631 battles
6 hours ago, ABDAfleet said:

How about if one could buy a capability for a captain that would allow him to be transferred between tech tree ships as if they were all premiums? If you have ships of the same category (DD, BB, etc.) at multiple tiers then you could transfer this captain between them - instead of needing multiple similarly trained captains. This could be a pricy options, perhaps 5000 doubloons or more .... but some might still like it.

Didn't mean this to go here - it was supposed to go to the suggestions thread ... sorry :-) Don't know how to delete it either ...

It is an idea worthy of consideration, but after I thought of it I say no. In a F2P game where the grind and training is the essence of captain skill, enough players would buy the captain of each line. Think of the permacamo on TierX for 5000. Here is a at first glance cheap and sound option to buy a premium captain but it will broke the game vs normal players if the veterans/walletwarriors could with relative ease get 19 p captains for whole lines and combined with elite XP willl inflate high captains too easy. Even if I personally would benefit great from it I say no , regardless of price. It would also give less incentive for players to buy premium ships in huge numbers as the accumulation of eliteXP will for a veteran player be far easier. That will probably be less beneficial for WG. It is my initial thoughts in the morning, nothing more.

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,798 posts
6,659 battles

^^I agree with this.

OP - I think it sounds like a  sensible suggestion and it would be very handy for those who are willing to pay cash to play the game (and keep it going of course). But it would be a huge disadvantage to both starting players who are not aware of such an offer and also to all those who do not pay to play.

After all, you would only need to have 1 captain per tree in order to play all of the ships, with only the need to respec their skills if needed when swapping between ships in a line. (or just grinding up shed loads of elite captain XP which would be very easy, too easy).

[PKTZS]
Weekend Tester
2,564 posts
18,159 battles

5000 doubloons for the captain + 400-500 doubloons for resetting skills every time you have to move him.

Seems like the kind of business WG loves. But I definitely don't.

Players
430 posts
4,269 battles

Can you imagine that amount of sealclubbing that would ensue when you could just slap your 19pt captain to any low tier ship of the same line FOR FREE... and win. Of course there's nothing really stopping anyone from doing that right now either, except at least you have to pay every time you do it. And as @Gnirf put it - an option like this would render one big selling point of premium ships essentially moot, which in turn would probably hurt WGs earnings quite noticeably.

Now, as an attempt to hijack this thread...

Something that would not be game-breaking, but might still be quite alluring to a lot of people would be if you could buy the free reassignment courses for captains (the ones that go for 500 doubloons in game) in bundles at discounted price. Something like 2200 Dbl. for 5 courses, 4000 Dbl. for 10 for example. If spent wisely, those could significantly speed up earning your first few 19pt captains after which you'd be able to generate enough elite commander XP to not have to worry about reassignment ever again. Getting a discount on those courses in the form of being able to purchase them in bundles would be pretty nice I think.

Another nice feature would be, if the retraining costs would be lowered for ships that a captain has served on in the past. I think that would make a lot of sense...

[HOO]
[HOO]
Players
481 posts

I know we are not supposed to apply logic to this game, but it drives me nuts that if my 19 point DD (for example) Fleet Admiral wants to captain a t3 DD for the day, he has to go back to school (assuming a non-premium ship).      What he forgot how to drive a T3 DD but can still captain his T10?!

It also is crap that re-training a captain doesn't come with a complimentary skill point reset.   What the hell did he learn in class then?   If I pay to retrain a captain from CA's to BB's you would think he would have learned BB skills in school?!

Players
430 posts
4,269 battles
45 minutes ago, Hawg said:

I know we are not supposed to apply logic to this game, but it drives me nuts that if my 19 point DD (for example) Fleet Admiral wants to captain a t3 DD for the day, he has to go back to school (assuming a non-premium ship).      What he forgot how to drive a T3 DD but can still captain his T10?!

You meant to say 'common sense' rather than 'logic' didn't you? Because there's logic to this game, it just often defies common sense... you know... for gameplay purposes :cap_hmm:

It also is crap that re-training a captain doesn't come with a complimentary skill point reset.   What the hell did he learn in class then?   If I pay to retrain a captain from CA's to BB's you would think he would have learned BB skills in school?!

A complimentary skill point reset would indeed make a lot of sense and I'd very much like to see it happen. However... money

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this