You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Leo_Apollo11

Current Japanese BB sale ("Mutsu" and "Ishizuchi") differ from "Summer Sale" regarding Doubloon compensation if you re-buy the ship you already have?

14 comments in this topic

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,446 posts
15,748 battles

Hi all,

Current Japanese BB sale ("Mutsu" and "Ishizuchi") differ from "Summer Sale" regarding Doubloon compensation if you re-buy the ship you already have?

On Reddit there is interesting thread:

"If i buy the ISHIZUCHI on the web store and already have it what do I get?"

Apparently the people who bought the two aforementioned Japanese BBs did not get the full 100% Doubloon compensation like we did during the "Summer Sale"... strange... contradicting reports... :Smile_amazed:

Any clarifications gentleman?

Anyone bought one or both of those two and already got them from before?

Leo "Apollo11"

Players
684 posts
5,119 battles

Tried that yesterday owning a Ishizuchi re buying it got me 1250 and a port slot for 6,40 Euro. That means I could have spent 6,40 on dubloons and gotten 1550 dubloons then buy a port slot for 300 remaining 1250 would have been the same

in other words you are yust buying dubloons and a port slot for the usual price 

I had Ishizuchi from an X mas container so I figured I might get the 100% refund if I would rebuy it I also knew at that moment I might get credits or normal dubloons compensation for already having that ship.

In game I could not see if Ishizushi was at 50% (then knowing I would get normal doubloons) or credits because it was checked with a 'v' the Mutsu or what is it I saw has a tab of 50% in game as well.

I am fine with it it was just a little gamble at a low price.

Ishi3.png

• Cool 1

[MIAU]
[MIAU]
Players
4,046 posts

I'm not even sure how this is an issue? Did someone try to exploit the system to get cheap doubloons?

[TOXIC]
Alpha Tester
2,103 posts
7,215 battles
1 hour ago, Egoleter said:

I'm not even sure how this is an issue? Did someone try to exploit the system to get cheap doubloons?

No, not really. It's just that people expected the "summer sale treatment" (where only the premium shop bundles were discounted and not the ships in the in-game tech trees) and became disappointed.

When you purchase a ship that you currently own with real money, you are compensated with the current tech-tree price. As such, you don't gain anything when it is a "global" sale.

Players
684 posts
5,119 battles
11 hours ago, Ofenkartoffel said:

Compensation is always the current doubloon price. 

Summer Sale had no doubloon discount. 

It's not hat hard... 

Many players that already had the ships re bought them and got 50% off doubloons that way. The Belfast for instance is 30,80 euro at summer sale it was 50% discounted so 15,40. THAT current doubloon price would have been the equivilant of that 15,40 but instead you got 30,80 doubloon value compensated.

9 hours ago, Egoleter said:

How do you want to see it as an exploit? It is provided by them they probably did it to prevent owners of ships to get angry because they always bought ships full price. And it was a nice gesture

Players
684 posts
5,119 battles
2 minutes ago, Ofenkartoffel said:

That is why you got full compensation. :Smile_facepalm:

11 hours ago, Ofenkartoffel said:

Compensation is always the current doubloon price. 

It's not hat hard... 

this is what you said

statement one not true because that would mean Belfast on sale for 15,40 according to you you would get the current doubloon price value (at that moment) and that would be 15,40 worth of doubloons instead it was 30,80

statement 2 summer sale was not about doubloon discount but about discount on buying ships. 

and this I can also place :Smile_facepalm:

It is just a matter of is the discount on ships IN PREMIUM SHOP only or in game client as well and even that would not matter as they might decide to just compensate credits.

As owner of ships it is not visible if they are on sale IN GAME CLIENT so to find out what is what someone has to try

It is not that hard we have a saying in Dutch afterward you look a cow in the arse as in when information is known it is easy to act as if you knew all along you know that information because someone tried and found out.

Beta Tester
3,318 posts
14,515 battles

Are you serious ? 

Doubloon discount on ships of course. 

Now stop it. 

And of course it is visible what you get as compensation. It says on the website that you get doubloon discounts on the ships this time. 

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,079 posts
19,929 battles
13 hours ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

On Reddit there is interesting thread:

"If i buy the ISHIZUCHI on the web store and already have it what do I get?"

Apparently the people who bought the two aforementioned Japanese BBs did not get the full 100% Doubloon compensation like we did during the "Summer Sale"... strange... contradicting reports... :Smile_amazed:

Any clarifications gentleman?

Anyone bought one or both of those two and already got them from before?

Leo "Apollo11"

This is well know Apolo. If the sale is in game AND in shop you get the value of the ship at time of Purchase so 50% sale 50% dubloons. This has always been the case in tanks and ships

The difference During Summer sale was the sale was SHOP ONLY.

[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
4,446 posts
15,748 battles

Hi all,

1 hour ago, T0byJug said:

If the sale is in game AND in shop you get the value of the ship at time of Purchase so 50% sale 50% dubloons. This has always been the case in tanks and ships

The difference During Summer sale was the sale was SHOP ONLY.

I know... but if you own the "Premium Ship" already it is not easy to know if that ship is on discount in game as well (i.e. there is no small %OFF discount flag in TechTree)... :Smile_coin:

Anyway the safest bet to get 100% of Doubloon value back, it appears, is if you have "Personal Offer" in "Premium Shop" (for example like we had in "Summer Sale" where we could get just one of each those ships) that last for one or few days (i.e. that way there is almost no chance that ship is also on discount in game as well)! :Smile_Default:

Leo "Apollo11"

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,079 posts
19,929 battles
3 minutes ago, Leo_Apollo11 said:

Hi all,

I know... but if you own the "Premium Ship" already it is not easy to know if that ship is on discount in game as well (i.e. there is no small %OFF discount flag in TechTree)... :Smile_coin:

Anyway the safest bet to get 100% of Doubloon value back, it appears, is if you have "Personal Offer" in "Premium Shop" that last for one or few days (i.e. that way there is almost no chance that ship is also on discount in game as well)!

Leo "Apollo11"

Told you in the portal mate.. If a ship is available for Doubloons it means its available in game

https://worldofwarships.eu/en/news/special/turning-japanese/