You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
IanH755

Deliberate Teamkillers STILL not being stopped in-game - Why WG, WHY?

28 comments in this topic

[IAN_H]
Players
1,966 posts
6,657 battles

So, a few games ago I found a deliberate Teamkiller, who sailed next to me at under 1km, with no enemies within 17km and torped me, then sailed next to a friendly BB and did the same *Edited after which he was still alive (but now pink) and only sank when the single enemy BB left killed him with secondaries!

Now what's odd is that he torped me but didn't get TK (pink) immediately, infact it was only after killing his 2nd friendly ship that he went Pink. So I submitted the replay to customer service to show a deliberate TK'er going unpunished so we'll see if anything happens (spoiler - it won't) but why didn't the in-game TK punishment kick in at all????? Why was he alive after his first TK, why was he still alive after his 2nd TK etc.

So now I'll watch the players stats for the next few weeks and see if he actually gets punished by WG for being a deliberate TK'er, or if WG fail to do anything (as I suspect) but until then be careful, they're out there deliberate TK'ing without any WG effort to stop them!!

PS If you watch the replay be careful as there's a guy called "kingofmetals" which is NOT the guy in the replay, despite a very similar name. I almost reported the wrong guy until I double checked the name!

***EDIT*** - I think the TK system may be broke!!!! I've just watched a Tirpitz put 4 torps into a friendly Bismarck with NO reflected damage done, no pink, no death etc just the pink text in chat only!

WG, something is BROKE!

Edited by Nohe21
*This post has been edited by the moderation team due to Naming & Shaming
  • Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

Had an Umikaze three days ago who torped and TKed me, then his own divisionmate, then one of my division mates. Ended the game with neat -3. Only turned pink after the third deed.

[IAN_H]
Players
1,966 posts
6,657 battles

I think division mates work differently.

An old exploit (shown by Notser IIRC) before the captain skill changes was to spec a Shima captain with what is now called AR (back then was a 5 point skill and uber godlike for torp boats), get a division mate to knock you down to 10% health for <80 second torp reloads rather than 100+ and there was never any damage done to the division mate.

• Cool 1

[ADRIA]
[ADRIA]
Players
5,061 posts
8,562 battles

Dmg to his own division mates doesn't count towards being a TKer

Scoring damage AND a kill are both important, killing no HP enemy or just dealing some dmg to ally won't instantly turn you pink normally

Also take into account that it depends on how often the player does Team Dmg - that Derpitz might have been "clean" for a really long time, so just 4 torp hits made him "under inspection" so to say, but not a teamkiller. Or he might have been assigned "TKer" status AFTER the match not in the middle of it.

And someone being pissed and torping an ally in one of thousand games means you were just the unlucky one to receive it. It's a multiplayer game with Team Dmg enabled, someone is bound to get pissed and TK someone every now and then

Players
29 posts
16,162 battles
1 hour ago, IanH755 said:

So, a few games ago I found a deliberate Teamkiller, who sailed next to me at under 1km, with no enemies within 17km and torped me, then sailed next to a friendly BB and did the same (replay added here) after which he was still alive (but now pink) and only sank when the single enemy BB left killed him with secondaries!

Now what's odd is that he torped me but didn't get TK (pink) immediately, infact it was only after killing his 2nd friendly ship that he went Pink. So I submitted the replay to customer service to show a deliberate TK'er going unpunished so we'll see if anything happens (spoiler - it won't) but why didn't the in-game TK punishment kick in at all????? Why was he alive after his first TK, why was he still alive after his 2nd TK etc.

So now I'll watch the players stats for the next few weeks and see if he actually gets punished by WG for being a deliberate TK'er, or if WG fail to do anything (as I suspect) but until then be careful, they're out there deliberate TK'ing without any WG effort to stop them!!

PS If you watch the replay be careful as there's a guy called "kingofmetals" which is NOT the guy in the replay, despite a very similar name. I almost reported the wrong guy until I double checked the name!

***EDIT*** - I think the TK system may be broke!!!! I've just watched a Tirpitz put 4 torps into a friendly Bismarck with NO reflected damage done, no pink, no death etc just the pink text in chat only!

WG, something is BROKE!

I was torped and sank and he never turned pink

Players
1,908 posts

I had a pink guy shooting me yesterday and actually citadeling me aswel. Returned the favor with some torps from my Kutuzov. Made me pink for 8 games. 

Worth it! 

• Cool 4

Players
849 posts
2,954 battles

Yet I had a friendly in ranked deliberately eat a single torpedo from my Perth, die and I get TK status for like 10 games despite that being the only team damage in ages. Such an amazing system.

[IAN_H]
Players
1,966 posts
6,657 battles

There's definitely something strange going on with the "automatic TK punishment" situation - I just watched a video on Reddit of a DD being sank by friendly torps and again, no reflected damage, no pink, no TK'er death etc just a pink chat message despite TK'ing FFS!!!!!

@Tuccy - Is this something you can ask about with the dev's, because something just isn't right right now with the whole TK system not working as advertised!

Players
849 posts
2,954 battles

Their whole reporting system and TK system is crap anyway. People get reported for no decent reason, the real trolls and d**ks in chat get away scott free because WG couldn't give a monkeys [edited]about the state of the community so long as the £££ keeps on rolling. I mean PHJ and co have submitted replays with BLATANT aim botting for WoT to WG and they get the same copy paste bot responce because their "automated system" will pick it up. Yeah doing a great job there WG. If anyone thinks WG seriously give a damn about TK'ers, trolls etc in game you're kidding yourself. Hell they barely manage to maintain decent communications with their player base, too busy thinking up the next over priced "bundle" bloated to the nines with useless modules for £100.

Players
1,428 posts
7,899 battles

If I am correctly the TK system works as follows :

- When somebody kills one teammember he gets the teamkiller status after the batle. 

- After killing the 2nd teammember he will get the teamkiller status immediately (and turns pink).

- When turned pink any damage to teammembers will be reflected.

In batle it seems like that somebody isn't punished for aTK, but he will be after the batle.

• Cool 1

[IAN_H]
Players
1,966 posts
6,657 battles

Blue_Bug - Thanks for the info, sounds plausible but I know from previous painful experiences it doesn't always work like that i.e. Attempted TK knocked off 90+% of my health within the 1st minute, I shot back with HE and, after a single salvo set a fire, I went pink immediately and then died. In port it said I had a 10 match Pink, where as he got nothing.

Players
375 posts
811 battles

you know Wargaming could just simple turn off Friendly damage
but nooooo 
they decided to allow it to happen :v

[HOO]
[HOO]
Beta Tester
229 posts
9,229 battles
5 hours ago, Blue_Bug said:

If I am correctly the TK system works as follows :

- When somebody kills one teammember he gets the teamkiller status after the batle. 

- After killing the 2nd teammember he will get the teamkiller status immediately (and turns pink).

- When turned pink any damage to teammembers will be reflected.

In batle it seems like that somebody isn't punished for aTK, but he will be after the batle.

Thats what happend to me, last time i f***** up and fired torps in a wrong zone.

one teamkill and I turned pink after the game. 7-8 games or so to get it off. 3rd or 4th time overall it happend in 2k games

[ONE2]
Players
3,084 posts
21,562 battles

Yeah, I got TK'd in my Shima the other day. When a cruiser in our team shot torps from behind me. I hit one, since I was in B cap with an enemy DD and a cruiser and thus rather preoccupied with them. i evaded the enemy fire and torps, but in dodging them ran into this guys torps (stupid of me, not suspecting torps from our side). Now that was still just stupidity and an accident on his part, but what happened next was not.

So the enemy had retreated and left the cap to me, I went behind an island in the cap to capture it, since I was by now in low health, when he began shooting at me and ranting in the chat that I had somehow "deliberately" driven myself into his bloody torpedo. Well, him being in Zao and me being parked behind an island under heavy fire from all sides and smoke in cooldown, I had no chance, he hit and sank me with his 3rd salvo and we lost the cap and the game eventually. No wonder. This all was apparently justified because he "hated cowardly Shimas", he even announced his TK intent in the team chat... One too many torp on the side perhaps?

But again the only thing I could do is to report him and hope for the best. Such is life and gaming, Sith happens...

Well, I left the battle, changed into my Akizuki and went on into another and much better game.

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
763 posts
12,484 battles

I think karma might also have an effect here on how quickly you go pink and how severe the TK status becomes.

[THESO]
Players
4,080 posts

I never turned pink immediately when i accidentally TKed someone  .... only once I returned to port.

[ONE2]
Players
3,084 posts
21,562 battles

True dat, it seems to happen only after the game is finished or perhaps there is some delay, if they turned pink only after 2nd TK? Have no idea, I tend to try avoidin TK's all together (both doing and being, hehe) just in case...

Though accidents do happen, especially, if you are a bit too careless with your torps. I have also been guilty of this sin a few times, but never deliberately though.

Even when I in my glorious Idiot Noob days accidentally managed to hit a previously invisible friendly Fuso with 6 torps from 1,5 km away - I swear he had a Klingon cloaking device or something and Fuso is WAY too small anyways, who sees those, I tell you...

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles
24 minutes ago, Armorin said:

I think karma might also have an effect here on how quickly you go pink and how severe the TK status becomes.

No it doesn't. Iceyjones would be able to tell you if it did... so would I most likely. 

8 hours ago, IanH755 said:

Blue_Bug - Thanks for the info, sounds plausible but I know from previous painful experiences it doesn't always work like that i.e. Attempted TK knocked off 90+% of my health within the 1st minute, I shot back with HE and, after a single salvo set a fire, I went pink immediately and then died. In port it said I had a 10 match Pink, where as he got nothing.

Blue_Bug is completely right, and it DOES work like that. In your case though, you've encountered the system's limited 'memory'. Each time you do team damage you can breach a threshold. This goes down slowly over time. This 'level' or teamdamage influences how quickly the automated system will punish you.

I've been 'normal', got pushed out of my smoke by some pebkac Bismarck ( which already turns me pinks as I just came of a 'pink period'. ) I tell him in chat he's an 'insult' at which time he decides to shoot me. I return the favor with a full torp spread from my Kutuzov ( bad reaction, totally my fault ). He takes at most 5k dmg before all damage get's reflected on my and I die without making a dent in him. From not pink, to dead, without able to damage an ally. 

That only happens though if your team damage 'meter' is high enough, as the system then attributes INTENT earlier. If it's low, the system is VERY lenient. 

Players
1,428 posts
7,899 battles
30 minutes ago, Armorin said:

No it doesn't. However the TK history of a player has an mayor impact.

Players
1,428 posts
7,899 battles
8 hours ago, Zero_Strikez said:

you know Wargaming could just simple turn off Friendly damage
but nooooo 
they decided to allow it to happen :v

Actually there is a good reason for it. 

If friendly damage is turned off, players get totally careless with their shots and torpedoes. Just for the chance for hitting an enemy.   The only concesion WG made was to half the damage from friendly torps.

Players
1,428 posts
7,899 battles
3 minutes ago, mtm78 said:

You're to slow @Blue_Bug :Smile_trollface:   

And you're surprised about that ? :Smile_Default:

Players
285 posts
3,068 battles

If you getting TK'ed every single game. Just move on ans that's it.

1 game is no big deal, yes its annoying, but just get into another game and have fun there.

[ROT8]
Players
2,730 posts

I presume you are talking about a TK in a co-op battle OP?   That's a bit like being in prison and being shocked about being the victim of a pickpocket. :Smile_smile:

[EST]
[EST]
Players
1,346 posts
25,788 battles
16 hours ago, IanH755 said:

...with no enemies within 17km and torped me...

What were you doing there? Could it be he just wanted to give some action to you? 

PS: TK-d tier 8 DD yesterday that refused to play because he got into tier 10 match. 15 games pink, but worth!