You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Dlia_Katyushi

Battlecry for Cruisers!

39 comments in this topic

Players
226 posts
1,739 battles

O, beautiful Goddess of War, I stand before thee as a mere servant. For thy grace, for thy might; I shall purge those-ignorant and craven-in the Flames of war. I shall bring an end to their fell deeds. Let our righteous fury be awaken, and heard by our foe! Our guns shall roar as a thunderous storm! And we shall smite the meek in the name of thy glory! Set sail! Set sail! To their ruin, and we shall fight, ere the end of world! GLORIA FORTIS MILES! ADVERSOR ET ADMORSUS! THY WILL BE DONE!

From now on I will use this as a battle cry against BBabies. Jokes beside, please do something about CL/CA. They are not fun to play. 

Legend:

Blue: BBabies

Orange: Fire damage

• Cool 3

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
299 posts
3,082 battles

'please do something about CL/CA''. 

Depends on the cruiser, Realistically in this META, Fire damage is the most absurdly broken and overpowered feature, So, If youre playing a flame thrower ship youre gonna have fun (I.e Zao) but if your a big cruiser like Hidenburg youre not going to have fun.

Try using a more HE spammy ship. Theyre practically Ebola to the meta.

• Cool 1

Players
226 posts
1,739 battles

Yeah, that is why we have only a couple of CA compared to 10 BBs each game. It takes over 5 minutes for a CA to kill a BB with HE spam. It takes one salvo for a BB to kill a CL/CA. And you are claiming fires are broken? So what do you want? Your BB to get a Klein Field? Fires are as deadly, if not deadlier, to cruisers as they are to battleships. Learn to play and git gud.

• Cool 3

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
299 posts
3,082 battles
3 minutes ago, Dlia_Katyushi said:

It takes over 5 minutes for a CA to kill a BB with HE spam.

Lol, You what!?. Ive watched cruisers literally set 2 fires on a BB, He damage controls, Then light him up with another 3 fires, And burns down within a minute. In no universe does it take more than 5 minutes.

Cruisers are agile enough to dodge BB salvoes, 

Cruisers often have torps that can absolutely shread BB's at close range

Cruisers fire literal cancer in the form of HE spam.

In a 1v1 id take a Zao over a Yamato any day.

• Cool 1

Players
226 posts
1,739 battles
57 minutes ago, Riggerby said:

Lol, You what!?. Ive watched cruisers literally set 2 fires on a BB, He damage controls, Then light him up with another 3 fires, And burns down within a minute. In no universe does it take more than 5 minutes.

Have you ever tried playing Nürnberg in the last ranked season? What you are saying is heresy and you must be purged in our holy flames! O, great Goddess, let our craven foe witness the power we posses! Ours is the fury!

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles
27 minutes ago, Riggerby said:

'please do something about CL/CA''. 

Depends on the cruiser, Realistically in this META, Fire damage is the most absurdly broken and overpowered feature, So, If youre playing a flame thrower ship youre gonna have fun (I.e Zao) but if your a big cruiser like Hidenburg youre not going to have fun.

Try using a more HE spammy ship. Theyre practically Ebola to the meta.

13 minutes ago, Riggerby said:

So why are you not better in cruisers? 

My Hindenburg is more than capable of matching my Zao, guess you need to practise. 

Also, my mother says it's not nice to throw around deadly diseases showing off how much of a tough guy you think you are.  But than again, I actually had an upbringing. 

• Cool 5

[CATS]
Players
26,792 posts
14,383 battles

No BB burns down in one minute. That is not possible with the current game mechanics.

Look at Wiki and pull out your calculator if you want to validate your opinion.

• Cool 5

[WGP2W]
Beta Tester
299 posts
3,082 battles
3 minutes ago, mtm78 said:

So why are you not better in cruisers? Because im a noob

My Hindenburg is more than capable of matching my Zao, guess you need to practise. Did ya not read what i said? I never said Zao was best cruiser vs Cruiser, I said Zao was best cruiser vs BB.  All that HE spam.

Also, my mother says it's not nice to throw around deadly diseases showing off how much of a tough guy you think you are. Banter isnt it.  But than again, I actually had an upbringing. Ooooft, Zesty <3 x

[SLAPP]
Players
1,382 posts
8,690 battles
28 minutes ago, Riggerby said:

Fire damage is the most absurdly broken and overpowered feature

480?cb=20151226201110

17 minutes ago, Riggerby said:

Then light him up with another 3 fires, And burns down within a minute

480?cb=20151226201110

• Cool 2

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,376 posts
17,664 battles

Waitwaitwaitwaitwait! Zao is better at killing battleships than the Hindenburg? Giant turning circles battlecruiser RoF is better at killing battleships than thermite HE, insane RoF, turtle-back troll armor Hindenburg?

P.S. Please buff Hindy. Ideally give her the Henrietta's speed, 33 mm of bow armor, the RoF of the Des Moines, and good AP! She's already the best BB meta cruiser? What the hell are you on about?

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
186 posts
620 battles
37 minutes ago, Riggerby said:

Please sir, can my Rn CL have some HE...

oliver.jpg

• Cool 3

[WOTN]
Quality Poster
2,376 posts
17,664 battles
1 minute ago, Listy said:

Please sir, can my Rn CL have some HE...

They're saving that for the Commonwealth line which will totally not be a clone of the British line with HE shells and no smoke.

Players
226 posts
1,739 battles

Arise! Arise! Arise my sisters! Let the evil remember this day, for we shall cleanse it from this seas! Take arms, and do what's right! Death to the heretics! DEUS LO VULT!

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
2,989 posts
11,482 battles
4 hours ago, Riggerby said:

tenor.gif

Wow, and that massive stupidity from someone with a beta tester tag. Coupled with wrong statements that can be proven wrong by the rockiest newbie if he puts in 30 secs. Impressive!

Because im a noob

Well no objection there. I would have used some more drastic terms because I am sick and tired of the BBabies but hey, that selfreflection is a start.

• Cool 1

Players
1,908 posts

Lol, You what!?. Ive watched cruisers literally set 2 fires on a BB, He damage controls, Then light him up with another 3 fires, And burns down within a minute. In no universe does it take more than 5 minutes. What cruiser was that? I want it. A cruiser that can burn down a BB in one minute. (Sure they didnt light it on fire, the BB panic'd and showed broadside to other BBs and it seemed like he burned down but really it was AP doing the dmg?) Sounds more legit to me. 

Cruisers are agile enough to dodge BB salvoes, Yes, if there is one BB shooting at it. More often than not its 5. So no

Cruisers often have torps that can absolutely shread BB's at close range Unless said BB blaps you with one salvo when you get close, and its suicide to even try.

Cruisers fire literal cancer in the form of HE spam. Haha. Good one. BTW incase you dont know, BBs can repair 100% of firedamage taken with the magic button. BB's fire literal cancer in the form of AP and they have heal, good armor, big HP pool, great secondaries, guns that do the same amount of dmg as a torpedo hit and in some cases hydro, defensive AA and radar.  "WG fires are OP pls nerf". :Smile_facepalm:

In a 1v1 id take a Zao over a Yamato any day. 1v1 never happens. 5v1 tho is more realistic. Que rapidfire 406mm rain! 

• Cool 1

Players
2,199 posts
14,266 battles

And after that did you wake up or what? And that 1vs1 you would lose because nobody to spot so you need to go to 13 km to him before YOU spot him.....and Yamm on 13 km is very very very precise.....same skill applied.... It mate you do not eaven play ijn cruisers or ijn BBs....so you watch some braidead potato got killed in a minute from fire?...no no....still it did not happened

Players
746 posts
14,336 battles
4 hours ago, Dlia_Katyushi said:

Have you ever tried playing Nürnberg in the last ranked season? What you are saying is heresy and you must be purged in our holy flames! O, great Goddess, let our craven foe witness the power we posses! Ours is the fury!

Have you ever played good CA/Ls last ranked season ?

Leander - 89 battles = 69.66%WR  (WR and avg.dmg drops because few times i fall a sleep on keyboard in the morning of 7th ) on alt.acc

FybBM15.jpg

Cleveland - 55% droped from 60 on main acc

Beta Tester
506 posts
6,411 battles
5 hours ago, Riggerby said:

And burns down within a minute.

Does the maths.:fish_book:

Fire does 0.3% damage a second.

Fires can only last up to 60 seconds.

This makes each full fire worh 18%.

Now lets assume that the chance of fire is 100% and the ship bursts in to flames in all 4 sections thats 72%.

Spoiler

Now more realistically your probably only have 2, maybe 3 if lucky, on fire at any one time so that make it between 167 and 111 seconds if no repair party is used.

Now assuming it is used (using ijn bb) that would add 10 seconds as a constant at the start and for ever at 120 seconds (teir 1) or 90 (tier 2).

Now add the fact that fire chance is much lower that 100% the time is even longer.

Tldr; no where near to one minute "in no universe"

Edit: this doesn't really touch on any ship modules, captain skills, tier fire chance reduction or shell fire chance. Most of which reduce the damage and chance of being on fire.

Edited by procrastinatingStudent
More info
  • Cool 1

Supertester
2,062 posts
4,168 battles
36 minutes ago, Kartoffelmos said:

My battle cry is: Go for the eyes Bagel, GO FOR THE EYES!

And then @Vogel eats all the torps and citadels and sinks! :fish_boom:

:Smile_trollface:

KartBagel.thumb.png.342d0b032883b22f196a58885200499f.png

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Players
2,989 posts
11,482 battles
6 hours ago, Dlia_Katyushi said:

Battlecry for Cruisers!

GLORIA FORTIS MILES! ADVERSOR ET ADMORSUS! THY WILL BE DONE!

Well, I nearly forgot ......

That would be be mine I guess:

(highly on topic in every way :Smile_hiding::Smile_trollface:)

Yeah, because when the last border camping idiot has rotten away and the rest of the op "1-ammo-type-fits-all" has perished in flames, true happiness is achieved.

....... also listen from the beginning! Its really good and only 2 minutes long. :etc_red_button::Smile_izmena:

Beta Tester
467 posts
13,407 battles

Actually I am on the brink of quit playing any cruisers that dont have smoke, radar and repair party. With all nerfs to everything but premium ships and BB I find cruisers pretty much broken. I know I am going out of topic, but tier 8 is as broken as cruisers atm, it is meat for tier 9 and 10.

I think each patch rewards p2w and campers, lol.

• Cool 1