RobS80

Game starting in windowed mode

• You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

23 posts in this topic

Since most recent patch bringing Yamamoto captain event, my game has been periodically starting in window mode. This has been happening to a few of my friends I play with regularly too. I am not creating a bug report thread yet, just posting to see if anyone else had this issue?

I have the same issue and I have graphic glitches in game where parts of a ship or island are missing.....see water instead.

Had it once after 0.6.9, so I used my saved preferences.xml.bak and replaced the new one, as I do for all updates, or minor patches, this stops me losing any of my settings and Keybindings.

Anyone tried making any changes? There is the preferences XML, might also remove some out of date mods and see if that helps. Shouldn't impact but may as well.

Uh mine started doing this in the morning for no reason...

I blame this thread :Smile-angry:

Although it's a simple case of pressing ALT+Enter then muttering something about WG-EU then carrying on with your day. 

I'll just tag everyone so you can see it

@RobS80 @Tyrendian89 @Skyllon @waxx25 @TVLX @iJoby @Negativvv @MortenTardo @Nimrod411

Solution is simple - DO NOT alt+tab out of the game while it's starting up, after you click "play" on the launcher let it get to the point where you log in. That way it will keep the game fullscreen if it was selected like that before you exit the game previously

It's happened a couple of times but only when I've ALT-TAB'd to something else while I wait for the game to load between clicking 'play' on the launcher and being able to log in.

18 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

@RobS80 @Tyrendian89 @Skyllon @waxx25 @TVLX @iJoby @Negativvv @MortenTardo @Nimrod411

Solution is simple - DO NOT alt+tab out of the game while it's starting up, after you click "play" on the launcher let it get to the point where you log in. That way it will keep the game fullscreen if it was selected like that before you exit the game previously

I'll try that, as even though my PC is pretty good and I'm on an SSD I can't wait for it to load so I'll alt tab... :Smile_amazed:

27 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Happens after the game crashes. Not alt+tab for me. 

31 minutes ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Ahh, mine did it again today, happened just after I came out of Kodi, so I just replaced the preferences.xml with the backup, I have to say, it is getting ferking annoying tho!

1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

There is something to what you are saying. I had those issues mainly when I was still working in other apps, while game was indeed, loading in the background.

1 hour ago, wilkatis_LV said:

Yea, I know about that yet it still does it so.......

Having the same problem, TS3 works but the overlay does not display who is talking or the FPS, but Nvidea overlay works and I did not load it??, also I can nto use the Windows key to drop the game onto the task bar, and in my last game last night got back to port but there was no information overlay ie what ships you have your captain or anything else :-( just the port and my ship, so just switched the game off :-(