RobS80

ARP and Dragon commanders in list of available commanders when all ARP/Dragon content is set to off via filters.

• You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

26 posts in this topic

The last update brought the ability to assign ARP commanders to IJN ships. Lovely. I am sure that was requested by many many people. All 4 of them in fact.

However, I have all ARP/Dragon content set to off. When I try to change commanders I am shown a load of useless 0 point ARP commanders. Either let me dismiss them (if i ever play them, which I am unlikely to, I would switch one commander between any of the Kongo clones, or one captain between the Myoko clones).

Give me an option to NOT see a list of them when I am swapping commanders.

2 people like this

Yeah this bugs me as well.  Also why can't we dismiss them ?  seems a bit silly.

Even worse is that if you retrain them to work on another ship you cannot get rid of the crappy anime voice - it's really annoying.  Tried every setting for voices and it just stays the same.

Also if you use an ARP ship, they no longer have their crappy multicoloured camo but we are unable to put on normal camos - why they are stopping us spending money on camos for these ships baffles me, not very like wargaming lol.

23 minutes ago, McLeod said:

Also if you use an ARP ship, they no longer have their crappy multicoloured camo ...

Are you sure? I played a Kongo-clone yesterday and it was the usual neon nightmare, plus I'm seeing them on the other team since I disabled the port filter.

How about posting it in the recent update ofical bug post instead if ceating a new post that will fade into nothing soon? If its a bug there you will most likely get an ofical reply.

1 person likes this

13 minutes ago, Spellfire40 said:

How about posting it in the recent update ofical bug post instead if ceating a new post that will fade into nothing soon? If its a bug there you will most likely get an ofical reply.

Because it isnt a bug. Patch notes did not state that it should hide them.

I am requesting that something be added and garnering opinion. I am sorry I did not add an option to like this post.

If it fades to nothing then there is no interest, then its just me and ill have to grin and bear it, like so many WG decisions in the past.

1 minute ago, RobS80 said:

Because it isnt a bug. Patch notes did not state that it should hide them.

I am requesting that something be added and garnering opinion. I am sorry I did not add an option to like this post.

If it fades to nothing then there is no interest, then its just me and ill have to grin and bear it, like so many WG decisions in the past.

If the filter for displaying ARP contend works it should filter out comanders too even if they are now regular IJN comanders. WG had more than enogh posts complaing that there were aime icons on the Missions displayed they couldt disable.

Mind you i like them but even so its a bit crap to have like 3 Hiei siting around....if a anime hater is forced to look at that each time he switch IJN comanders....:Smile_ohmy:

Yep. I'm filtering content and still seeing it in commander list. I posted here and not the bug reports because it was not added as a feature. It isn't something they added not working, they did not add it. I am merely trying to find out if I am the only one bothered by it.

Still don't know why we cant dismiss them, must be something to do with the money deal with ARP in the first place.

44 minutes ago, RobS80 said:

Still don't know why we cant dismiss them, must be something to do with the money deal with ARP in the first place.

Probably because no one wants four of a particular ship when the alternative would be keeping your favourite colour and enjoying three free port slots. Although that would be my preferred option.

But if we're asking for minor things we'd like, would it be too much trouble to have ships ordered by nation AND by type instead of one or the other?

1 person likes this

What Spellfire40 is trying t tell you is, why don't you post to the proper sub forum "Recent Updates" none of the Devs or Mods will bother to read it on "Gameplay"  and as he also said, this post will just fade into the past very quickly.

7 hours ago, iJoby said:

What Spellfire40 is trying t tell you is, why don't you post to the proper sub forum "Recent Updates" none of the Devs or Mods will bother to read it on "Gameplay"  and as he also said, this post will just fade into the past very quickly.

This post is more to find out if there is a problem or its just me. Is that now the 2nd or 3rd time I said that? Seems it is only me as the only people to reply are crying that it is not in the 'right place'

If there are a number of people also fed up of having to scroll through a list of useless commanders that cannot be removed then a thread can be started there for the devs to ignore.

2 people like this

8 hours ago, Strappster said:

Probably because no one wants four of a particular ship when the alternative would be keeping your favourite colour and enjoying three free port slots.

Oooooh yes please Mr WG :cap_like:  but think it will be more like.......More.jpeg.a7142c1dc5b1232cfacb5713d46aaab5.jpeg

Bothers me too. I'm not that much of an anime hater (I can see the neon camos in battle), but because I didn't really bother with the missions, I only have the 0 point commanders. And I do find it very annoying to scroll through a whole bunch of useless 0 point commanders every single time I want to change a Japanese captain :Smile-angry:

@Tuccy, @Kandly, @MrConway, there were promises in the past that at some point we would be able to dismiss ARP captains. How's that feature coming along?

With all the reserve slots available for pickup in events and containers and the fact that ARP content was hidable in port, it didn't really matter anymore. But now it's really annoying again, so now would be a good time to implement that feature of ARP captain dismissal that is so long due.

If you still see the ARP commanders with everything filtered then it's your installation which is screwed up or something. Because when I filter everything, my ARP commanders gets turned into generic IJN ones. The only trace of ARP is their background color/flag.

So not only do you not have to look at "anime", you can still use the ARP characters as generic IJN commanders.

1 person likes this

Yes that's true, but that's not what's bothering me. I don't mind the anime stuff. I mind that my reserve is clogged with 0 point captains that I can't dismiss.

I don't need them and I want them gone :cap_rambo:

3 minutes ago, Bellegar said:

Yes that's true, but that's not what's bothering me. I don't mind the anime stuff. I mind that my reserve is clogged with 0 point captains that I can't dismiss.

I don't need them and I want them gone :cap_rambo:

They shouldn't take up actual space anymore afaik? I mean they are there ofc, but they don't occupy your normal commander reserve. 

1 person likes this

1 minute ago, mtm78 said:

They shouldn't take up actual space anymore afaik? I mean they are there ofc, but they don't occupy your normal commander reserve. 

Yes. The only space they are taking up is UI real estate.

I hardly ever use the reserves anyway, so them being there makes no difference for me. If a captain is not on a ship then that's a captain I either misplaced (by switching to another) or it's a captain I don't use. I only ever go into my reserves when I'm looking to train a new captain, to see if I have someone with a few points already who I can retrain.

I have so many 4-10 point commanders in there, I just don't have a need for them atm. I only need 'reserve' while switching ships from and to premiums ( sometimes mixing them up :D ). I also got so many reserve spaces from missions I think it's an absolute non issue. 

Either you misunderstand me or I misunderstand the game settings :cap_hmm:

My problem is this: I have 1 main IJN captain trained for Amagi. That's the same captain I use for Ishizuchi and Mikasa. So if I want to play my Mikasa, I have to add a commander to the ship, and for some reason Ryo Matsumoto (my main captain) always ends up on the bottom of the captain list. Before this change, that was no problem because I had only 5 IJN captains so I could just click on the fifth guy. Now, after the change, I have to scroll down because of that bunch of ARP guys before I can select mr Matsumoto.

Is there a way to get rid of the ARP captains in that list? Filtering ARP content only changes the girls to guys, but it still cloggs up my interface.

It's a small thing of course, I'm very capable of scrolling, but it's annoying having to do that every single time I switch between IJN ships.

I will never use the girls since all my IJN captains have more points. Why can't I just dismiss them? There is literally no reason to force me to look at them (well.... no gameplay reason :Smile_glasses:).

As I said, I don't need them, I don't want them and they're clogging my interface. I want them gone.

So, @Sub_Octavian, why can we not dismiss ARP captains?

Because the collab agreement stated that ships shouldn't be sellable just as captains. Even now collab has ended WG has to adhere to agreements

Found a post by @Ph3lan about dismissing duplicate captains. I'm not sure if that feature was ever implemented, but a statement on this from WG would be appreciated.

4 hours ago, Bellegar said:

I'm not that much of an anime hater (I can see the neon camos in battle), but because I didn't really bother with the missions, I only have the 0 point commanders.

I didn't bother either, mainly because I hadn't been playing long and didn't meet the minimum tier requirements for anything above the Kongo-clones (Klongos?). I only had one ARP Klongo when the promo ended but was part-way through the missions for the other three, so I was awarded each ship and given a 6-point captain for each. Seems odd that by not finishing the missions I ended up getting a slightly better deal but I guess them's the breaks.

I'm currently training one of the spares to go in the Akatsuki once that grind's finished. I'm not an anime fan but it's amusing to hear their lines, adds a bit of variety. :Smile_Default:

9 minutes ago, Bellegar said:

Found a post by @Ph3lan about dismissing duplicate captains. I'm not sure if that feature was ever implemented, but a statement on this from WG would be appreciated.

This in response to a bug which gave duplicate captains when there should be none ( not even to having duplicate captains as you could get those from missions and this wasn't considered a bug because they could come with different base captain points ). At least that is what I remember. 

Personally I would not mind a filter to remove them, I am not too fussed if they cant be dismissed since afaik they gave us a reserve spot to 'compensate' for the fact you cant dismiss them.

Like others have said, my main issue was the swapping of captains (in my case my 19pt Zao captain in and out of Atago to get free captain XP) leading to more scrolling than would be needed if the filter was set to filter them out like it does the ships.

*Thread moved to "Current Update" due to wrong section.

Added a link to this Thread on Gameplay.

1 person likes this