You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
nambr9

Please include RADAR check in MM !!!!

28 comments in this topic

[THESO]
Players
4,073 posts

Dear WG.

Please include radar ships in MM.

The times one team gets 2 or ever 3 radar ships and the other team gets none is very frustrating.

Just now the enemy team got 3 radar ships and we had none. Our DDs were dead within minutes. Game was decided before it even started.

I know that the fix is easy ... I would like to know WHY you have not implemented this already.

Regards.

• Cool 9

[THESO]
Players
4,073 posts
2 minutes ago, Dampfboot said:

WG won't do it because it would increase queue times.

Good ol "queue" excuse.

Queue times are fine. I rarely wait more than 5-10 seconds. I would gladly wait 30 if it would fix the balancing issues.

• Cool 6

Players
6,431 posts
10,725 battles

How is waiting 30 sec for a round of 20 minutes too long? Loading takes easily that time too. So planing ~21 minutes for a round is totaly fine, ~21:30 isnt? Yet it wouldnt increase the queue time by even 1 second to switch radarcruisers f.e. if one side has 2 Moskva and the other has 2 Zao. Touché. I see you @principat121 in each and every matchmaking thread - no matter what the topic is - talking pretty much nonsense and argueing the point the OP is trying to make.

• Cool 1

Players
1,567 posts
10,292 battles
52 minutes ago, principat121 said:

And because you gladly wait for 30sec everyone else should wait too?

Legit troll.
Yes you will wait 30 secs more , like we care?

• Cool 1

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles
1 hour ago, nambr9 said:

Dear WG.

Please include radar ships in MM.

The times one team gets 2 or ever 3 radar ships and the other team gets none is very frustrating.

Just now the enemy team got 3 radar ships and we had none. Our DDs were dead within minutes. Game was decided before it even started.

I know that the fix is easy ... I would like to know WHY you have not implemented this already.

Regards.

Soon you can include deepwater equipped DD's and 'normal' DD's as well in that check.... 

[TACHA]
Players
1,421 posts
15,841 battles

Completely agree - when I last played (before the patch which has rendered the game unloadable!!) we had a Tier 8 battle with no radar cruiser on the enemy side and a chapaev and 2 Belfasts on ours. ROFL stomp ensued. Simply not fair and wouldn't seem to have been too tricky to at least have put one Belfast on the other side. Clearly one radar cruiser in one side and none in the other is one of those things but three zero is simply unfair.

Players
2,916 posts
16,585 battles
1 hour ago, Dampfboot said:

WG won't do it because it would increase queue times.

Bad excuse that only flies for a minority of games and strange times of the day.

MM will quite often happily create 12 v 12 with 3 radar cruisers vs 3 equal tier non-radar cruisers

(3 belfast vs 3 fiji/myoko/pensacola etc.)

Granted this is also a minority of games, but they are also the most blatant fails of MM and changing it will have zero impact on queue times as classes and tiers are matched.

Beta Tester
2,104 posts
11,183 battles

The only radar equipped ships that matter is the USN and RN cruisers, the VMF cruisers' radar has so low an active time that anyone spotted by it usually survives being radared.

So the need for radar to be a part of the mm algorithm is not required.

[L4GG]
Players
3,141 posts
10,735 battles

My experience so far...

radar, hem, I made a few battles with radar at play, some on my team another's on the other team, never notice such a difference.

"- radar in a few moments, wait...there"

And nothing.

well, must be broken! I often think.

or located!

In 20 games or so,  only one battle was quicker to end,in defeat. but that battle was destiny to be defeat anyway. (lemmings and stuff).

Now, sonar or hydro is a completely different story, the ability of flushing out the prey from smoke for everyone to feast on it, raw, that it's something.

if it wasn't so close range and short duration...

Now if a team have two flanks, and support one another, radar don't bring anything more that what we already know.

we can't shoot trough islands, yet.

And I don't want to wait a minute for that, remembering back at tier I when I had to wait 5 minutes, sometimes more for a battle. Please not again.

And if radar it's so important as you all make it (not saying that it isn't), and deep torps, that's all part of the game, as lemmings, detonations, etc, etc.

p.s.- who cares about dd's? a good dd it's a sunk dd.

Players
2,199 posts
14,266 battles

I understand why this could be good thing but I am against it. I just like that ther is different tactics which comes from diferent classes or subclass in team. 

Because we could go eaven deeper. Ask that MM checks for type (gunship or otjer) of DDa not only number and so one. 

I know that 2 radars vs none is big disadvantage but still those kind of game are more interested. Same as if there are 2 dds per side and one side has 2 Khabas and other 2 USA/ijn/km......side with RU dds will be in disadvantage same as 2 radars. 

Beta Tester
467 posts
13,407 battles

Try playing tier 8 dd in a tier 10 game where players understand how to use radar, the team with dd or cruisers trying to cap or deploy smoke lose because they get killed first.

Players
309 posts
6,030 battles
1 hour ago, 15JG52Adler said:

I understand why this could be good thing but I am against it. I just like that ther is different tactics which comes from diferent classes or subclass in team. 

Because we could go eaven deeper. Ask that MM checks for type (gunship or otjer) of DDa not only number and so one. 

I know that 2 radars vs none is big disadvantage but still those kind of game are more interested. Same as if there are 2 dds per side and one side has 2 Khabas and other 2 USA/ijn/km......side with RU dds will be in disadvantage same as 2 radars. 

No

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

This is more amusing in Ranked when one side gets all the radar ships...

However what's wrong with looking at the team sheets and acting accordingly? 

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles
5 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

This is more amusing in Ranked when one side gets all the radar ships...

However what's wrong with looking at the team sheets and acting accordingly? 

Imbalanced games aren't fun. Why are CV's mirrored? The fact that match distributions are not large enough for everyone to have a level playing field is also something I don't enjoy....

I mean I keep getting people telling me how they constantly have only 3 or maybe 4 battleships, and how there are constantly 5 or more destroyers. I which I would get their MM, maybe I will someday though.. 

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
3 minutes ago, mtm78 said:

Imbalanced games aren't fun. Why are CV's mirrored? The fact that match distributions are not large enough for everyone to have a level playing field is also something I don't enjoy....

I mean I keep getting people telling me how they constantly have only 3 or maybe 4 battleships, and how there are constantly 5 or more destroyers. I which I would get their MM, maybe I will someday though.. 

You can mirror ships but it'll never be a complete success. Look at all the massively unbalanced CV games where one of them sucks and the other knows what they're doing.

Likewise just because someone has radar it doesn't mean they know what they're doing.

There should be greater input into balancing classes in MM maybe but a 1 for 1 every game would also be dull. 

WoT is currently being messed around with in terms of MM and tank types. It's not a success if you go by the opinions on their forums however I personally think it's moving in the right direction.

Good luck getting WG to look at this however, I feel they're more concerned with your CC/Paypal details :Smile_hiding:

Players
2,199 posts
14,266 battles
2 minutes ago, mtm78 said:

On one side i know peoples wants perfect balance (chess like....same pices just different sides) and i know this is the fairest thing to do...on other sides i liked when CV.s werent mirrored :)......and it was not that time long agoe...remember Team batles where alot of teem did not have CV....yes they got farmed.....but still it was fun....on bouth sides.

second thing, if we look ate WOT....they HAVE numbers to make perfect balance (100 k on 2 servers EU) but still they stick to +-2......no ide why.....so think they will never introduse here in wows.

and in wot there is MUCH BIG DIFFERENCE in tiesr.....t 6 most case can not eaven do dmg to t 8.....in ships difference in tiers is not that hughe.....any tier can do dmg to any tier.....(CV excluded)

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles

Yeah well if they go on split up destroyers even more like this they should change the MM to take into account roles. 

Edit: I don't need mirroring, I just want MM to atleast try and yes that does imply I'm ok with actually WAITING five minutes if I had to as long a that means I will always get balanced teams.

Players
2,199 posts
14,266 battles
3 minutes ago, mtm78 said:

Yeah well if they go on split up destroyers even more like this they should change the MM to take into account roles. 

Edit: I don't need mirroring, I just want MM to atleast try and yes that does imply I'm ok with actually WAITING five minutes if I had to as long a that means I will always get balanced teams.

in the end "skill" mirror would be best thing this game could get,....this game more and more is onesided.....you stomp others or you get stomped.....first skill mirror than ship mirror.....

personaly i just dont want to play game withpout atleast one friend in division...it is just no fun to have NO [edited]CHANCE eaven if you kill 8 ships while you have 3 AFK and 6 totaly ussles morons.....

one of most importan things why i "hate" current "ranked" play....

one mate in clan got to T1 last ranked - 1300 battles, 47% wintrate....but hey....he was T1.....

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles
Just now, 15JG52Adler said:

one mate in clan got to T1 last ranked - 1300 battles, 47% wintrate....but hey....he was T1.....

This is why I usually don't even bother. The agony of having those people as one out of seven in my team is to big. 

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles
6 hours ago, atomskytten said:

The only radar equipped ships that matter is the USN and RN cruisers, the VMF cruisers' radar has so low an active time that anyone spotted by it usually survives being radared.

So the need for radar to be a part of the mm algorithm is not required.

with radar module they can get 28 seconds of radar time, so it is not so low...

Players
2,199 posts
14,266 battles
4 minutes ago, mtm78 said:

This is why I usually don't even bother. The agony of having those people as one out of seven in my team is to big. 

Well to be honset WG can easily "cure" the problem and separate peoples who "just wanna have fun" with ones who are interested in more coompetitive game.....and bypass MM totaly.....just give us Clanwars.....no MM....no need to perfecte balance of ship...you create your own flotila....no noobs (except yourown).....and still tomatos can play rendom and have "fun" clicking random buttons without any reason.....

so numbers of DDs, radars, cv-s....it will all be your choice and your tactic......and MM will be totaly bypass....oh praise the day

• Cool 1