Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SinkTheOthersNotMe

New campaign + DD = weird

8 comments in this topic

Players
440 posts
5,824 battles

Seems to me that since the new campaign that promotes cruisers play (which in itself is a good thing) there are less DD (and of course far more cruisers), since I have started to play again the USSR gunboat DD and I could not care less about the campaign I am seeing this a lot: 2/3BB + 7-8 CA/CL - at best 3 DD per team.

More often than not I find myself in my kiev-tashkent-uda-khebab the lone DD against 2 IJN/USN DD or the number of DD is even but the other DD ends up dead quickly.

Note that I play my Russian DD without CE and of course no concealment module (and no smoke if I can equip the heal) and I use my DD to interdict a flank.

Therefore, given games are at tier 8+ I am facing difficult choices:

- Had, several times, the (almost) hilarious situation of being spotted (while not firing) by...................RN CL and they kept me spotted until my concealment back....and they chased me......

- So many CA/CL with fast firing accurate guns + sometimes radar + CA/CL can be very sneaky especially compared to USSR gunboat DD (I am a cruiser main by the way) makes it hard for any DD even more so for USSR gunboat DD.

- Capping in a USSR DD was already (before the campaign) something challenging, now this is almost suicide.

- Trying to cap in a DD and dying without doing nothing seems far more common now.

- Plenty of people still not realizing capping (against opposition) in a tashk-khebab is suicide.

- Camping is now amazing, usually find my tashkent alone at the front (note I have 15.4km range and I stay at max range in the current meta) -> with usually 2-3BB and 7-8 CA/CL behind............

- Even after having eliminated red DD, teams don't push caps.....letting the lone DD try to do it.

Sidenote:

- Good lesson for me is, farm my dmg by holding a flank first, then cap if possible + disable the chat.

Players
285 posts
3,068 battles

What i dont get. Too many BB bad, too many CA bad, too many CV (when were 2) bad, too many DD bad. All the time something is bad in MM.

So whats a perfect MM?

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
4,078 posts

Finally a breeze of fresh air in WOWs.

I like CL/CA meta very much, this is what its supposed to be and this is what it used to be (before the release of german BBs).

• Cool 2

[-RM-]
Beta Tester
2,117 posts
8,678 battles
1 minute ago, MetalisTer said:

What i dont get. Too many BB bad, too many CA bad, too many CV (when were 2) bad, too many DD bad. All the time something is bad in MM.

So whats a perfect MM?

Nothing but Schnellboots obviously.

• Cool 1

[THESO]
Players
4,078 posts
Just now, MetalisTer said:

So whats a perfect MM?

Perfect MM (regarding game balance) would be somethign like 1CV, 3 BBs, 5 CL/CA, 3 DDs

• Cool 1

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

The campaign definitively is a good way for WG to determine how a different meta affects the game. Like we have now with CA-heavy meta and like we will have in two (?) weeks with a DD-heavy meta (i.e. more games with 5 DDs per side).

This might also be the reason why we have to wait two weeks for the next mission.

edit:

Isn't "perfect" MM (so it exists) something like 4 capital ships (BBs/CVs), 4 CAs/CLs and 4 DDs?

[THESO]
Players
4,078 posts
2 minutes ago, Tungstonid said:

The campaign definitively is a good way for WG to determine how a different meta affects the game. Like we have now with CA-heavy meta and like we will have in two (?) weeks with a DD-heavy meta (i.e. more games with 5 DDs per side).

This might also be the reason why we have to wait two weeks for the next mission.

Ive been making a topic about "WG SHIFTS META THE HARD WAY" regarding this... 

But they do not have any other mechanism to shift the meta except the mission / campaigns.... but to be honest the current CL/CA shift is a good one.

[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts
3 minutes ago, nambr9 said:

Ive been making a topic about "WG SHIFTS META THE HARD WAY" regarding this... 

But they do not have any other mechanism to shift the meta except the mission / campaigns.... but to be honest the current CL/CA shift is a good one.

It depends on how far the shift goes. I have played some high tier games on Thursday but havn't had time since so I don't pretend to know what the current average battle looks like and how it "feels".

But as I said, it depends on how far the shift goes and to a certain level it is a matter if opinion. I'd say a overly CA-heavy meta sucks just as much as an overly BB-heavy or DD-heavy meta. And 8 CAs per team sounds like it is going in this direction.

Sign in to follow this