Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Barney_Wobba

Why so many bad player in my team :(

45 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

[VNGC]
Players
148 posts
3,660 battles

So, today I have played about 25 battles so far. We've won about 4. This whole week I've been doing really well and had fun but today there seems to be lots of people sailing about mindlessly and getting way out of any useful/tactical position.

I know the Ships and Tea event might be making people play selfishly to get kills/torps on BB's etc...but why so many people who are really bad in my team? Could it be me? Is this the start of the weekend warriors?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
763 posts
12,484 battles

I have these big dives in win rate now and again. When I first approached 1,000 battles, my WR nose dived from 65% to 40%. Felt like I couldn't win a match.

Same thing happens in WoT. Get a good win rate going, and then you are top turkey for quite a while.

 

if ( player.recentWinRate > player.recentAverageWinRate ) {

    player.team = MM->SelectTurkeyTeam();

}

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[VNGC]
Players
148 posts
3,660 battles

FINALLY! A decent wins :D

I carried the team a bit but most played well too!

I love my New Mex.

shot-17.08.11_18.16.54-0942.jpg

shot-17.08.11_18.15.12-0291.jpg

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Modder
4,873 posts
22,141 battles
32 minutes ago, Barney_Wobba said:

(...)
I know the Ships and Tea event might be making people play selfishly to get kills/torps on BB's etc...but why so many people who are really bad in my team? Could it be me? Is this the start of the weekend warriors?

 

If I remember some time ago You opened similar thread. By the way do you see yourself as: good/mediocre or bad/just learning player ? Bear in mind that vary good = some really skilled players, good = top players, above average = person like me. Why becouse even having about 8K battles, 60% WR and decent stats I am not good enough when competing with serious players even I scored two times 1 rank. My Ranked stats are showing that: average ....

 

So ?

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[VNGC]
Players
148 posts
3,660 battles
1 minute ago, Odo_Toothless said:

 

If I remember some time ago You opened similar thread. By the way do you see yourself as: good/mediocre or bad/just learning player ? Bear in mind that vary good = some really skilled players, good = top players, average = person like me. Why becouse even having about 8K battles, 60% WR and decent stats I am not good enough when competing with serious players.

 

So ?

I started off being ok at low tiers, then went flying ahead to about t6 and mixed lots of boats up, which was a harrrrd learning curve. Lost most battles and my stats spiraled down. Last couple of weeks after getting some nice info and feedback from people here on the forums and a few people helping in battles, I've improved a lot in some ships. So I am a learner still but I am getting better.

The original post was partly to offload my frustration here a bit at having such and bad run of losses and also to see if this is a common thing at the weekend or in general for other sailors.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,199 posts
14,266 battles
6 minutes ago, Odo_Toothless said:

 

If I remember some time ago You opened similar thread. By the way do you see yourself as: good/mediocre or bad/just learning player ? Bear in mind that vary good = some really skilled players, good = top players, above average = person like me. Why becouse even having about 8K battles, 60% WR and decent stats I am not good enough when competing with serious players. My Ranked stats are showing that.

 

So ?

Anybody at 60% wr which is line for uniqum is better than 90% of players

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[VNGC]
Players
148 posts
3,660 battles
13 minutes ago, Armorin said:

I have these big dives in win rate now and again. When I first approached 1,000 battles, my WR nose dived from 65% to 40%. Felt like I couldn't win a match.

Same thing happens in WoT. Get a good win rate going, and then you are top turkey for quite a while.

 

if ( player.recentWinRate > player.recentAverageWinRate ) {

    player.team = MM->SelectTurkeyTeam();

}

HAHAHAHA!

Is that actual game code? 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
763 posts
12,484 battles

At the weekend its just least worse team wins. The win rate runs are something different.

I play a lot of different ships too, so I am not fine tuned. At the upper tiers I suck still.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[VNGC]
Players
148 posts
3,660 battles
Just now, 15JG52Adler said:

Anybody at 60% wr which is line for uniqum is better than 90% of players

I had noticed there are very few with anything near 60%!

 

Are there no clan battles where u only have your team with you? That would increase WR surely?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
763 posts
12,484 battles
1 minute ago, Barney_Wobba said:

HAHAHAHA!

Is that actual game code? 

 

If I could tell you, I would have to wave an NDA in your face!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Modder
4,873 posts
22,141 battles
6 minutes ago, Barney_Wobba said:

I started off being ok at low tiers, then went flying ahead to about t6 and mixed lots of boats up, which was a harrrrd learning curve. Lost most battles and my stats spiraled down. Last couple of weeks after getting some nice info and feedback from people here on the forums and a few people helping in battles, I've improved a lot in some ships. So I am a learner still but I am getting better.

The original post was partly to offload my frustration here a bit at having such and bad run of losses and also to see if this is a common thing at the weekend or in general for other sailors.

 

I understand but You realize that when other people are just angry at "team" doing nothing then looking at Your WR/DMG etc. they will blame You too. Come on - play at least some few thousends games with at least good stats, becouse now it looks like next trolling thread. Sorry to tell that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,199 posts
14,266 battles
10 minutes ago, Barney_Wobba said:

I started off being ok at low tiers, then went flying ahead to about t6 and mixed lots of boats up, which was a harrrrd learning curve. Lost most battles and my stats spiraled down. Last couple of weeks after getting some nice info and feedback from people here on the forums and a few people helping in battles, I've improved a lot in some ships. So I am a learner still but I am getting better.

The original post was partly to offload my frustration here a bit at having such and bad run of losses and also to see if this is a common thing at the weekend or in general for other sailors.

Barney your whole stats are belowe average in whole aspects. You have around 750 games in pvp. Mostvplayed ship is t 3. You have so much time to improve. But calling team bad with 800 efficiency is not the best thing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[VNGC]
Players
148 posts
3,660 battles

I know I am still new, but when even I can see people doing asshat stuff over and over it gets frustrating. Have a look at my pics above, that's my last battle. Hardly poor.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Modder
4,873 posts
22,141 battles
4 minutes ago, Barney_Wobba said:

I know I am still new, but when even I can see people doing asshat stuff over and over it gets frustrating. Have a look at my pics above, that's my last battle. Hardly poor.

 

Glad to see You are making progress. Random games often looks like: You vs enemy&your team. Just play as good as You can not looking for others. Satisfaction from his own skill is the best award.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[VNGC]
Players
148 posts
3,660 battles
3 minutes ago, Odo_Toothless said:

Satisfaction from his own skill is the best award.

Ohhh yea :D Hehe, so true.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
723 posts
5,774 battles
18 minutes ago, collin_mats said:

I had a nice streak the other night....

 

shot-17.08.11_01.10.04-0447.jpg

 

You know it is Elite evening when T9-10 IJN BBs hardly break 500 XP in the games.

 

 

How could you win against that many enemy ships? The only way I can think of is if you captured their base while every enemy ship has on a train at the far side of the map. Statistically this should not be possible. Surely someone could (should) spot you and reset the base capture with a single shot.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Weekend Tester
805 posts
4,465 battles
Just now, SmartassNoob said:

How could you win against that many enemy ships? The only way I can think of is if you captured their base while every enemy ship has on a train at the far side of the map. Statistically this should not be possible. Surely someone could (should) spot you and reset the base capture with a single shot.

 

It was a loss :p.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
763 posts
12,484 battles

I think part of the problem with bad play is that they see others playing bad and think that is what they are supposed to do.

 

"Come on lads, stop skirting around C and cap it. I am tanking damage for no reason here."

"That is what we are supposed to do."

 

Now maybe I have the wrong strategy here, and should be enlightened by someone as to the error of my thinking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[VNGC]
Players
148 posts
3,660 battles
2 minutes ago, Armorin said:

I think part of the problem with bad play is that they see others playing bad and think that is what they are supposed to do.

 

"Come on lads, stop skirting around C and cap it. I am tanking damage for no reason here."

"That is what we are supposed to do."

 

Now maybe I have the wrong strategy here, and should be enlightened by someone as to the error of my thinking.

You are right. I either cap and use all avoidance skills for as long as I can in a DD, people just sit at camper range and do nothing, except maybe one other guy in a CL that tries to help and gets ruined. Or as in BB...the team are to preoccupied tunnel visioning in their own personal 1v1 they don't see the opportunity the tanking BB is making for the team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×