Sign in to follow this  
Gojuadorai

[LFA] FLINT build

14 comments in this topic

Players
2,831 posts
19,425 battles

Hi,

just got my flint and dont own an atlanta so i want to know a couple of things from flint/atlanta owners,

that already have the ship for a while and are non-potato.

so heres the build i plan on runing:

Flint cpt. build

my questions are:  

- would i go AFT or IFHE first?

- should i drop demo expert in favor of vigilance?

- is superintendant needed for 1x smoke charge (AA already unlimited) or is vigilance/BFT  better?

- how often do i loose ruder steering? -> last satnd mybe more worth than JoAT?

[BLITZ]
Modder
4,758 posts
8,898 battles

Nothing wrong with your build. Totally one of the best choices you could do.

I, personally, would change AFT (4points) to BFT (3points) plus PM (1point). Why? I value the faster reload (and higher AA-dpm) higher then the more range with main guns and AA. Hitting on max range is quite difficult with this class. And the last point in PM because of reasons.

But again, your build is perfect for the FLINT!

1. IFHE first! 100%! IFHE increased your raw damage output massively, while the longer range will not direct buff your damage.
  2. Maybe. As the firechance is so low, you can drop DE for Vigilance. But with good player intuition you know when enemies could have torp'ed you.
  3. SI! 100%! Smokes are the most valuable feature of the FLINT. No discussion. The only reason to drop SI for something else it, when you regularly play in DIVs and your teammates will provide you with additional smokes.
  4. You choose JOAT to minimize the downtime of your smokes. In normal (random) gameplay you can play without LS. But in a competative gameplay (like Ranked on Tier7) I would prever LS over JOAT.

Players
2,831 posts
19,425 battles
27 minutes ago, principat121 said:

I, personally, would change AFT (4points) to BFT (3points) plus PM (1point). 

1. IFHE first! 100%! IFHE increased your raw damage output massively, while the longer range will not direct buff your damage.
  2. Maybe. As the firechance is so low, you can drop DE for Vigilance. But with good player intuition you know when enemies could have torp'ed you.
  3. SI! 100%! Smokes are the most valuable feature of the FLINT. No discussion. The only reason to drop SI for something else it, when you regularly play in DIVs and your teammates will provide you with additional smokes.
  4. You choose JOAT to minimize the downtime of your smokes. In normal (random) gameplay you can play without LS. But in a competative gameplay (like Ranked on Tier7) I would prever LS over JOAT.

well aft  is probaly a thing tat i would choose because its situationally usefull against planes and T9 bbs and such  slow targets but i will remember your advice regarding it when i have more experiance 

2. i learned to value vigilance when smoke camping in RN CL's  since the situation is pretty similar but flint lacks hydro (well you could drop AA but thats tough) i would like to have it...

3. yeah ofc smoke is  MVC (most valuable consumeable ;-) thing is kutuzov does fine with 3 smokes so i figured is it really that important or does it only benefit you in 1 of 10 games where you need the 4th?

4. looks like i have to see about that engine ruder...

thanks for the advice

[BW-UK]
Players
70 posts
19,404 battles

I think this ship has to be tested in different playstyles before one settles for a final build. I see myself spending some doubloons on this ship for refitting and retraining...

• Cool 1

Players
2,916 posts
16,585 battles

Also new Flint owner.

Went looking for a way to squeeze Vigilance into my build because of ranked experience with smoke torping.

I plan to run DF as consumable choice, so torp protection can only be increased through Vigilance.

Using above build you can trade AFT and AR for  BFT and Vigilance and with propulsion mod be semi-safe from torps.

BFT compensates nicely for the loss of AR.

The question in my mind is if losing AFT will hurt too much when BBQing BBs and losing the range in general.

(I plan to use the AA range module for at least 6 km aa).

Another question is if CE is worth it on Flint? Any opinions?

Players
2,831 posts
19,425 battles
4 hours ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Using above build you can trade AFT and AR for  BFT and Vigilance and with propulsion mod be semi-safe from torps.

BFT compensates nicely for the loss of AR.

The question in my mind is if losing AFT will hurt too much when BBQing BBs and losing the range in general.

(I plan to use the AA range module for at least 6 km aa).

Another question is if CE is worth it on Flint? Any opinions?

well the thing is i feel like if i loose  AFT i need CE and then i gained no points.

i agree on vigilance playing RN CL's  and ranked realy shows you how important it is i probably will swap DE for vigilance in my build im going to test.

the common 3x4pts build that runs CE also looks intresting altough i realy dont se the benefit of CE over Vigilance+PM

Players
2,916 posts
16,585 battles
6 hours ago, Gojuadorai said:

well the thing is i feel like if i loose  AFT i need CE and then i gained no points.

i agree on vigilance playing RN CL's  and ranked realy shows you how important it is i probably will swap DE for vigilance in my build im going to test.

the common 3x4pts build that runs CE also looks intresting altough i realy dont se the benefit of CE over Vigilance+PM

Why do people want PM on Flint when it sits in smoke 80% of the time? Don't understand....Its not an Atlanta.

Don't want to give up DE because fire chance will be almost zero. I ran DE on my USN dds and the difference was noticeable. I imagine running IFHE and no DE will be just as noticable (although you have a LOT of shells).

AFT / CE - imagine i will test both.

RN CL vs Flint -  I think Flint will have an easier time with Propulsion mod 2 than RN CLs, but I have yet to try her (currently away from my WoWs pc).

Players
2,831 posts
19,425 battles
8 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Why do people want PM on Flint when it sits in smoke 80% of the time? Don't understand....Its not an Atlanta.

maybe beacuesthere is no other 1pt skill that can be chosen with a 19pts build? (you have PT already)

also getting your engine killed may kill you when deploying smoke also your torp launchers live longer your main battery gets disabled less etc ....

Don't want to give up DE because fire chance will be almost zero. I ran DE on my USN dds and the difference was noticeable. I imagine running IFHE and no DE will be just as noticable (although you have a LOT of shells).

atm im testing but looks like  the ammount of fires you get with IFHE+DM is already verry small getting rid of DE seems like not a huge loss

AFT / CE - imagine i will test both.

RN CL vs Flint -  I think Flint will have an easier time with Propulsion mod 2 than RN CLs, but I have yet to try her (currently away from my WoWs pc).

acceleration of the flint is horrible atm i have steering geers 2 equip but im  pretty certain i will swap it for prop mod 2  and stick with that.

Players
2,916 posts
16,585 battles
On 13/8/2017 at 0:16 AM, Gojuadorai said:

maybe beacuesthere is no other 1pt skill that can be chosen with a 19pts build? (you have PT already)

also getting your engine killed may kill you when deploying smoke also your torp launchers live longer your main battery gets disabled less etc ....

atm im testing but looks like  the ammount of fires you get with IFHE+DM is already verry small getting rid of DE seems like not a huge loss

acceleration of the flint is horrible atm i have steering geers 2 equip but im  pretty certain i will swap it for prop mod 2  and stick with that.

Threw my 15 point IFHE+DE+CE Cleveland captain into my Flint for a couple sorties.

The ship feels even more stupidly OP than I expected.

Almost 90k avg dmg over 5 games (even higher than my Kutuzov).

I found CE to be too good to pass up. Not having AFT didnt feel like costing much.

Shells have to slingshot around the moon to reach max AFT range anyway.

Fires are not rare in my Flint. Did the RN mission to start 10 bb fires in two games.

With DE firechance goes from 2% to 4%, which seems pretty significant to me, but I didnt try without it yet.

Also confirmed Torps are the Flints worst problem.

Propulsion mod 2 really helps, but it makes the rudder shift feel pretty sluggish.

Since CVs seems to have gone missing, maybe Hydro is a not a bad choice.

Also I'm running the Flint without Superintendant and JoaT = only 3 smokes/game and so far I didnt miss having more.

Players
2,831 posts
19,425 battles
24 minutes ago, GulvkluderGuld said:

Also I'm running the Flint without Superintendant and JoaT = only 3 smokes/game and so far I didnt miss having more.

yeah i suspect that 3 are enough for 80-90% of the games

as for hydro

if theres not changing something about cv's in ranked in a ranked season i def would pick hydro over the aa

• Cool 1

[BW-UK]
Players
70 posts
19,404 battles

Well... played 9 matches now. 8 wins...  She seems Op, but its only when u know how to ride her :cap_like:.. Else she dies like a fart in the Wind...

Got my 19 pointer allmost ironed out. The question is whether to use AFT for range and loose CE or visa versa...

Though decisions :cap_cool:

Players
2,916 posts
16,585 battles

28 games, 19 wins, (73% WR) and 71k avg dmg including one game lost because I crashed at the start. 

Running my 15 point cleveland captain (using 14 points):

PT

AR

DE

IFHE, CE

Next skill: either BFT (nice aa boost on top of dps boost) or Superintendant. Last skill: Joat.

Conclusions

- Wont trade CE away for anything. Getting close is what Flint is all about and the dps once there is insane!

- Only missed having 4th smoke in 2 games, one of them was lost because no smoke. Superintendant is not really critical, but nice to have.

- Due to the meta swapped out DF for Hydro after 15 games (getting torped quite a bit and used to play RN CAs). 

- Hydro won me a few games and allows silly things like: (stay safe), 100->0 a hydro-spotted Cleveland from between 2 km and 3,5 km as he rushed me, hydro-spot dds when they try rushing my smoke and thought nothing would spot them. Kill Scharhorsts point-blank with torps and dodge their counter-torps.

- Dont miss DF, only 1 in 5 games even have a CV and only 1 of 28 games had 2 CVs on each side. Didnt die or lose games from missing DF. AA is ok too with aa range module. 

- IFHE + DE = quite decent fire chance. 

- AFT: Not needed for AA, missed it a bit for main guns: Its hard but possible to hit BBs at max range. Forget about CAs and DDs tho.

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Meh maybe I need more time in her but simply put Flint is a weaker Belfast... Better AA, smoke and torps do not make up for insane Belfast IFHE performance and superior range. 

Flint is only to Lord it over the great unwashed. Belfast is just more effective :Smile_hiding:

Sign in to follow this