Hans_the_Hawk

PERTH SMOKE BROKEN

• You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

20 posts in this topic

Hi, 

After the new update, something is wrong with the Perth smoke, you get spotted every 9 seconds now no matter what speed you do now.

please fix

7 minutes ago, HotshotJimmy said:

Moving too fast?

Not really, noticed that too when moving at 8kn. Sometimes you get spotted without rhyme or reason.

if you think that there is something wrong, report it in proper topic using report template

1 person likes this

The new smoke nerf is still not live and it will be a variant of the first one, so it should not effect Perth and her marathon generator.

(Which is why I bought her. :cap_haloween:)

New smoke mechanics have been included in 0.6.9 but haven't been fully activated (i think) Perth has a Smoke Penalty value of 0.42 if you fire main guns (secondaries have a value of 0.0001)

After a very quick test in the training room.

1. Ships are spotted for a few seconds longer after going in smoke, esp form planes

2. Perth occasionally gets spotted when firing guns in smoke.

Edit.

A full broadside makes you spotted for ~1 second. As a work around only shoot 1-3 turret salvos.

dunno, seems ok to me, but i hold the mouse to fire one turret after the other, rather than full salvo...

29 minutes ago, Ofenkartoffel said:

The new smoke mechanics are still being tested and NOT in the patch notes. 

It's all under the hood changes that 'hasn't been turned on', all the new smoke penalty values can be seen at https://gamemodels3d.com/games/worldofwarships/vehicles/destroyer

For most the mechanics should be no different from 0.6.7 but Perth is unique and won't have have been fully tested.

20 minutes ago, Salentine said:

i just tried it's fine...

You can replicate the bug in the training room. Make sure your plane spotted to remove any new smoke blob blocking LOS to a ship.

I'm undetected and fire a full salvo. (enemy ship and planes are near enough to spot me)

nTCrPfU.jpg

I get detected by both ship and planes in my smoke.

driKspE.jpg

The new blob blocks LOS to ship but I'm still plane detected.

OUs0frs.jpg

Causing me to be ship spotted too.

MyHB9jV.jpg

Finally undetected after 5 seconds.

j27ppfA.jpg

Those changes are from supertest. Like you said, not activated. 

Perth only has a long lasting generator and short lasting smoke. I don't see where it uses a different mechanic. 

30 minutes ago, Ofenkartoffel said:

Perth only has a long lasting generator and short lasting smoke. I don't see where it uses a different mechanic. 

0.6.9 added a new smoke engine with a truck load of code. It's been configured to act like 0.6.8 but there's a few differences, not just for Perth.

4 hours ago, von_chom said:

if you think that there is something wrong, report it in proper topic using report template

Thats quite useless, I reported several bugs from the previous version (mostly carrier related) which in this version are still happening. They don't read that section.

brave statement

if you think something is bug doesnt necessary mean it is one actually

nevertheless more feedback in bug report section would be nice

Helloes, quickly checked:

• It is a bug
  • The devs are already working on solution and will deploy it when ready and tested.

Sorry for the inconvenience :fish_boom:

4 people like this