Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
philjd

Battles that terminate early?

14 comments in this topic

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,798 posts
6,659 battles

Ok, over the last 2 weeks I have been in a handful of battles that terminate early. ie. both sides have ships, neither sides points are close to 1000 and plenty of time left, but suddenly up comes the 'victory/defeat' screen and the battle ends.

A clan mate who was in one of the battles mentioned that there was some form of '1 side is doing so badly that there is no point in continuing' equivalent in the mechanics that kicks in occasionally. Which I have doubts about to say the least.

Would be interested in hearing back from others who know the reasons behind this or been in similar battles?

thanks

Weekend Tester
805 posts
4,465 battles

The game ends on points when one side reaches either 1000 or 0 points. Each time a ship dies, its team loses an amount of points dependent on which class of ship it was. This is probably what happened if it was domination mode with time left and neither side was close to 1000.

[BAZI]
Beta Tester
2,851 posts
11,014 battles

@OP: Never seen this ever.

You are aware that standard-battles end immediately after capping the only enemy base? Maybe you didnt pay attention that the base was capped? In theorie this can end a match with no ships dead and about 3 minutes into the battle.

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,079 posts
19,924 battles
9 minutes ago, rvfharrier said:

The game ends on points when one side reaches either 1000 or 0 points. Each time a ship dies, its team loses an amount of points dependent on which class of ship it was. This is probably what happened if it was domination mode with time left and neither side was close to 1000.

This...philjd I would have thought you new this old chap you have been around for a long time. 0 points can happen easily if one team douse not hold any caps and losses a number of ships without killing any enemy

[TOXIC]
Players
4,710 posts
11,961 battles

There are, afaik, two scenarios where it could happen:

1. It was a Standard Battle Mode and one team's base got  capped. SBM has had many draws so they changed it ti semi-domination (with point accumulation and more-points-after-time-runs-out-win rule) but cappping the enemy base is still sudden death mechanic (well, technically it's points victory: you get 1000 of them for capping the enemy base in SB)

2. One side got reduced to 0 points. Most likely the team failed to secure any caps and then many ships died (note that losing ships takes away more points than killing ships gives, so if you don't have any caps, you don't need to be obliterated (as in losing half the team without killing anything) - even equal trades will bring you slightly closer to the 0.

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,798 posts
6,659 battles
30 minutes ago, rvfharrier said:

.... or 0 points. ......

Actually, I hadn't considered [read as totally forgotten about], the 'reached zero points' condition... which is going to be it (will check my replays when I get home). TY

16 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

This...philjd I would have thought you knew this old chap you have been around for a long time. 0 points can happen easily if one team douse not hold any caps and losses a number of ships without killing any enemy

True enough, but I have dived in and out of the game over the years and this must have slipped my mind (getting old waiting for the RN to be fully represented in an early  20th century naval game you know ;) ) - although I do not recall it having occurred to me previously, so just a combination of timings. :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 1

Players
45 posts
18,644 battles

When you are in a big slow BB it happens sometimes (not often) you don't even get into a fight before the team goes down to "0". :cap_happy:

Players
3,168 posts
9,352 battles

i dont have problems with battles ending early.. i have problem with shitty xp gain when battle ends cause other side was too shitty. specially when i have special signals/camo mounted.

btw had 2 battles in last day or 2 that ended in 4-5 minutes and with 10 enemy players with less than 400xp...

[SCRUB]
[SCRUB]
Quality Poster
5,079 posts
19,924 battles
1 hour ago, svadilfari said:

the max points should be increased to 1200 or 1300

standard battles need to be scrapped entirely

LOL what a load of Rubbish

[AXIS]
Players
725 posts
14,309 battles
27 minutes ago, T0byJug said:

LOL what a load of Rubbish

why?

standard battles are pretty much always a boring campfest with nothing to do for DDs.

domination usually ends with 3,4,5 ships on the losing team still alive.

Players
16 posts
2,424 battles
1 hour ago, AgarwaenME said:

It's ok, everyone have had one where they finished early and had no idea how that happened.

Well, sometimes

10 hours ago, philjd said:

'1 side is doing so badly that there is no point in continuing' 

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this