Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Tuccy

q&a
First session is over - How did you like it?

• You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

First session is over. How did you like it?   20 members have voted

1. 1. Did you like the new system?

• Yes
    • Yes, but with some reservations
    • Not sure / don't know
    • No
  2. 2. Is this better than a single Q&A thread?

• Yes, definitely
    • Yes, though I miss some things
    • Equal
    • No
  3. 3. Was the function of this section clear?

• Yes
    • Some bits need explanation
    • No

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Question

Captains,

The first session of our new Q&A section is over - how did you like it? Tell us in the poll! And for future sessions make sure to follow the Calendar - or the section status thread.

What comes next? Well, we will definitely try to answer the questions still waiting for an answer. In the near future some of the gamescom Q&A thread questions (those that would be out of scope of the gamescom session) may be moved here as well. We may open section again for a short time before gamescom, but definitely we will do another session after the event. 

Please let us know your overall feelings in the poll and your comments on features you liked / disliked / that need clarification in the comments - and see you around!

Action Stations! :cap_rambo:

7 answers to this question

It looks like Discussing answers isn't really possible anymore. At least it looks like you guys at WG look at the top question, quote it and answer it and ignore answers from users that quoted your answer to ask further/give some feedback about it.

I like the new way of doing it but it would be awesome if you guys could also look if there is actually a comment which qutoes your answers and answer this one.

1 person likes this

I like it. It's easier to find questions you want to see an answer for. What I don't like is the inability to ask questions at all times.... If I come up with a question now, I'd like to make it somewhere. Doesn't matter if it takes weeks for an answer to come. If possible - I'd like to see the Question Section open for forum members to ask questions, discuss and possibly expand on the initial question or answer it. Answers could come at specific Calender dates.

1 person likes this

21 minutes ago, loppantorkel said:

I like it. It's easier to find questions you want to see an answer for. What I don't like is the inability to ask questions at all times.... If I come up with a question now, I'd like to make it somewhere. Doesn't matter if it takes weeks for an answer to come. If possible - I'd like to see the Question Section open for forum members to ask questions, discuss and possibly expand on the initial question or answer it. Answers could come at specific Calender dates.

We tried this after similar sessions both on Reddit and on Forum - plus right now we will also be answering questions on gamescom (and, on the other hand, there will be nobody here left to answer them on forums). We may reopen after gamescom permanently or continue with limited windows - we will see, among others based on the experience from this first session.

I think the separate section for Q&A is a great idea. But it's still at its infancy, so give it some time before you judge whether it's worthwhile or not. But once people get accustomed to it, it could really take off.

One comment I'd like to make: by default, posts should be sorted by date rather than by votes. It's quite annoying having to always switch that manually. And as long as the threads are not mammoth sized (several pages), it really is much more convenient to have the posts ordered by the time they were made...

I like it, easier to find all questions.

That being said, the main issue from the single topic is still there: a lot of questions get no official response. I would suggest posting a reply in all of them ( even if it says: I'm sorry, this is not the purpose of this forum ) At least we know you read all of them and people can see why they get no response. Nothing more frustrating than asking a question and getting no response.

28 minutes ago, MasaruKondera said:

It looks like Discussing answers isn't really possible anymore. At least it looks like you guys at WG look at the top question, quote it and answer it and ignore answers from users that quoted your answer to ask further/give some feedback about it.

I like the new way of doing it but it would be awesome if you guys could also look if there is actually a comment which qutoes your answers and answer this one.

We actually get notifications for that :) The other thing is... Whether the comment is expanding on the answer / requesting clarification, or discussing the answer (which is where single Q&A threads often go askew) ;)

I also generally prefer to try to first answer questions with no answer yet before returning to older, unless the follow-up looks interesting / is related to something I am doing at the moment.

I like the new system. It's way easier to spot questions and the related answers than in one huge Q&A thread.

However, like MasaruKondera, I feel like follow up questions after an answer remain unanswered, while sometimes the answer is bound to generate more questions. Of course, those questions can be asked in a separate topic, but to not clog the Q&A section it would be better to keep related stuff together.

And I would also like it if we can permanently ask questions. I don't mind waiting for an answer, so answers can be given on specific (announced) moments. It would be the same as it is now, only that we can always ask questions. I know for certain that if I come up with a question now, I will have forgotten by the time the section opens again :fish_palm:

So I think there are a few things that can be improved (I'd really like to see the follow up question/answer discussion thing resolved), but overall I really like the new format of this Q&A section over the old format of one huge thread :cap_like:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0