havaduck

ARP semi premium ships got an upgrade to 3/4 premium ship!

• You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.

40 posts in this topic

Those aware of the patch notes might already know, but I like to point it out to all the forumites who might be busy, or overead that point ....... or are simply fed up with WGs stupidity and for their sanities sake abstain form WG-patchnotes. :Smile_hiding::Smile_trollface:

ARP ships were a independent "nation", so to say, if you wanted you could only put those captains in those ships. However you could do so freely without retraining - like a premium ship. (They still didnt earn more xp/creds and you didnt get a camouflage; you couldnt even mount one at all. So only "semi premium")

You can now inter switch ARP captains with regular ships ..... and vice versa, but it can be a little tricky at times:

Examples:

A Takao captain going on a Mogami? -> Retraining required.

A Zao captain going a Tako -> Premium ship kicks in - all skills fully working.

Takao captain on ARP Kongo -> Premium ship kicks in - all skills fully working.

If thats to abstract, look a this picture:

GSBQOwI.png

Ofc that means you are going to get farmed by 19 pts regular captains in ARP ships ........ but I cant call it p2w-change this time. (Well the 19 pts captains are ofc!) -> Those with the 19 pts captains are likely to have an Atago anyway, and they could farm you with 19 pts captains anway, so the p2w niveau is .... stable, so to say.

For the rest of the playerbase its a nice change/addition: Those that want their ARP captains on a regular ship, can now do so (at least 1 without constant retraining), and the rest might was well put the regular captains with the "no manga"-mod installed and get rid of the ARP voices. :Smile_trollface:   (I can feel the flames already closing in ....... :Smile_hiding:)

1 person likes this

44 minutes ago, havaduck said:

You can now inter switch ARP captains with regular ships ..... and vice versa, but it can be a little tricky at times:

A Takao captain going on a Mogami? -> Retraining required.

A Zao captain going a Tako -> Premium ship kicks in - all skills fully working.

Takao captain on ARP Kongo -> Premium ship kicks in - all skills fully working.

What exactely is tricky about that? It is the same as with normal premium ships. Example:

Atago captain on Mogami --> retraining required

Zao captain on Atago --> no retraining required

Atago captain on Mutsu --> no retraining required

1 person likes this

Wich also means we have a cople of more 15 Point plus comander to mess arond normal IJN nships ading their Voices for line ships. Retrained my Takao for Ibuki  and thinking about moving the high Point Hiei to Amagi....

............ and when will we get them to do a collaboration with Hasbro? :Smile_trollface:  @Tuccy  @Sub_Octavian @Kandly   (Marvin, do you think thats enough breadcrumbs to lure them here? :Smile_trollface:)

I mean look at all that majestic royalty!

large.jpeg

Highly ship-related too, if I may say so!  :Smile_bajan2::Smile_coin:

Spoiler

large.png

Spoiler

large.png

Spoiler

large.png

Spoiler

large.png

Spoiler

large.png

Spoiler

large.png

Spoiler

large.png

Spoiler

large.png

Even soviet! (If that one doent penetrate and cause a citadel, nothing will! :Smile_trollface:)

Spoiler

large.png

Spoiler

large.png

Spoiler

large.jpg

........ be glad I am using spoilers to not outight   28634__safe_lesson+zero_animated_atomic+   the thread! :Smile_hiding::Smile_trollface:

6 hours ago, Tungstonid said:

What exactely is tricky about that? It is the same as with normal premium ships. What exactely is tricky about that?

You see, if the this game has taught  me one thing, its that: Just because I can figure that one out, does not mean the rest of the playerbase will too (and I think we have a lot of read-only-users). If you want an example for that: You and why I used a polite way to convey this information on the whole matter.

Live has also taught me that everyone can suddenly be dumbfound without there being something objectively difficult at hand, so is it really that hard to understand why its good customs to give a few examples when providing information? Even if you arent a teacher, you should have visited a school and therefore experienced the fact+example education first hand.

Also since this are ships of a category completely of its own, I could see why WG would allow ARP captains on regular silver/premium ships (voices, weaboo whatever), but not regular captains on those special-category ships. Hell it could have been even part of the collab.-contract they signed; who knows?

All these consideration win against opening the thread with: Yo, listen up you little dumb :etc_swear:! - dont they? :Smile_smile:

Lastly: If WG would finally figure out a damn way to let us dismiss the horde of them surplus ARP captains, which they did put into my barrack ship? Preferably with transferring the xp to a single one of them ......

mf9z7z3.png

:Smile_trollface: ( again:  *I regret nothing*) :Smile_trollface:

1 person likes this

How to go from a topic
to off topic
XD

So the only difference between Arp Takao and Atago is the camo?

Does that mean i payed almost 11k doubloons for a premium camo? That is obviously not worth it and if i had known this i would have bought a different premium ship instead. Could i get my doubloons back or trade my Atago for a Kutuzov?  

Seriously though, the ability to use camo on a ship does seem to be a bit overpriced at almost 11k doubloons, so maybe the camo should get buffed. Like +50% captain exp bonus on top of the already existing +50% normal exp bonus?

Or maybe missions that you can only complete with the Atago? Actually maybe every premium ship could get its own mission? Or actually, maybe i am too tired to be on the forum and i should sleep now...

Atago is premium ship with all benefits

ARP Takao IS NOT

btw yes yes yes & dragon works xD

+1 Hava

If you didn't have the Atago but you had the Arp Takao, would you be willing to pay 2k doubloons for the credits and exp bonoses? I know i would because it is an awesome ship.

Would you be willing to pay 3k doubloons? I would.

How about 4k? I would probably pay that much.

5k? Maybe... i would consider it.

6k? probably not.

7k? Absolutely not, that is way too much!

Would you pay 10,7k? I did and i thought it was worth it since i thought i was paying for not only the bonuses but also the ability to train japanese captains.

I never had any problems when the Arp ships did not have the ability to train captains. I also do not consider the credits and exp bonuses for the Atago to be worthless. Like i said i think they are worth about 3-5k doubloons but certainly not 10,7k.  So is buffing the camo to make it give +50% captain exp really that unreasonable?

nope but dont forget 1 thing, this is from current patch and in next may disappear ;)

and btw i really dont like that arp cancer xD

You got to remember: How long do you have the Atago now in your port. If its only a few days to 1-2 months - fair enough, I can see why you might be pissed, buts its nothing different from somebody doing a doubloon respec only to find out its on discount the next day.

If you got the Atago for a lot of months even years and you are now complaining, then I gotta say I dont understand it. You had that ship with all its perks so long before everyone else (the ARP closure is still not that long past) got that "new" Takao.

So if the ship is worth 5k to you to have in the future, consider the other 5,7 k an early adopters fee. Its not that much different to buy a ship full price when its released, compared to buy it later - but with a discount.

1 person likes this

A step in the right directions but the big question is: When will be finally able to dismiss ARP commanders?

2 people like this

3 hours ago, El2aZeR said:

carnival_time.gif

Don't remind me!

Still pissed we didn't get Maya - the best of em all (even if it's just a captain+voiceover)! :Smile-angry:

Navy pony' s... now I have seen it all :Smile_amazed:.

I really like the ability to use the ARP s captains for the normals since I have them all even in reserve and a lot are already 6 or 10 or what was it it would be a waste to not retrain them for the regular lines I don't have that many Japan captains or ships jet so that is great. 

5 hours ago, havaduck said:

You got to remember: How long do you have the Atago now in your port. If its only a few days to 1-2 months - fair enough, I can see why you might be pissed, buts its nothing different from somebody doing a doubloon respec only to find out its on discount the next day.

If you got the Atago for a lot of months even years and you are now complaining, then I gotta say I dont understand it. You had that ship with all its perks so long before everyone else (the ARP closure is still not that long past) got that "new" Takao.

So if the ship is worth 5k to you to have in the future, consider the other 5,7 k an early adopters fee. Its not that much different to buy a ship full price when its released, compared to buy it later - but with a discount.

I more-less agree. If you've gotten 100+ battles on a premium ship, any premium, you've gotten your money's worth - everything beyond that is a bonus. It's a bit like paying for something by installments - once you've paid the final installment you still own the product and can continue using it. ...at least that's how I look at it.

As for the ARP ships, TBH when the campaigns were going on, I assumed they would be able to train IJN captains - after all, they are identical ships. That's why I didn't purchase a Japanese premium and instead went for a US and Russian ship, figuring I'd have crew trainers for 3 nations. So I was a bit let down when it turned out ARP was considered a separate nation. So I don't mind the change that came with patch 0.6.9.

But, like havaduck said, if you just bought the Atago recently (like last month or two), for the sole purpose of having a ship to train you IJN captains on, I can see why you'd be upset by this change.

39 minutes ago, Vanhal said:

Ponies getting through Kancolle... :Smile_teethhappy:

the-heresy-train-has-no-brakes-13587036.

HXHvarq.jpg

First and foremost...

50060c6c4b775.png

8 hours ago, meyos90 said:

So the only difference between Arp Takao and Atago is the camo?

Does that mean i payed almost 11k doubloons for a premium camo? That is obviously not worth it and if i had known this i would have bought a different premium ship instead. Could i get my doubloons back or trade my Atago for a Kutuzov?  

Seriously though, the ability to use camo on a ship does seem to be a bit overpriced at almost 11k doubloons, so maybe the camo should get buffed. Like +50% captain exp bonus on top of the already existing +50% normal exp bonus?

Or maybe missions that you can only complete with the Atago? Actually maybe every premium ship could get its own mission? Or actually, maybe i am too tired to be on the forum and i should sleep now...

Camouflage, economy bonuses and the fact that Atago was in significantly earlier than the collaboration (which was actually how we could get the ARP Takao in easily - model was already there). It is similar situation as Murmansk vs. Marblehead vs. Omaha or New York vs. Texas (or Hipster vs. Eugen).

1 hour ago, Ubertron_X said:

A step in the right directions but the big question is: When will be finally able to dismiss ARP commanders?

Unfortunately no can do - ARP ships and content have certain limits based ont he partnership conditions. That is why the commanders have a very good job security and ships cannot be sold.

I have some of those ships, but somehow I find the persistent sound of a pre-teenage girl piping into my ears rather distracting. The visual effects are fine though I do not like the fact that they essentially seem to have no camo and are therefore at a disadvantage when compared to a regular Kongo, for example. So I have not played them much...

367790__safe_artist-colon-a4r91n_twiligh

Well I say you are kinda late, we have been over this topic a few times already in the scrub channel. Lets just say some Scrubs have a "similar disposition". :Smile_hiding: I think @lameoll got even his animated avatar out of that "discussion". :Smile_teethhappy::Smile_coin:

So, somebody likes Warhammer?

Spoiler

large.jpeg

Spoiler

large.png

Spoiler

large.jpg

€: Sorry if I ruined Warhammer now for some people :Smile_hiding::Smile_trollface:, and hey that post was sent before I saw Tuccys - I would have probably filed it under "advise" anyway. :Smile_hiding:

On topic:

1 hour ago, SteDorff said:

I really like the ability to use the ARP s captains for the normals since I have them all even in reserve and a lot are already 6 or 10 or what was it it would be a waste to not retrain them for the regular lines I don't have that many Japan captains or ships jet so that is great. 

But I have so many of them ....... and a lot are only 0 pts. I would really like to dismiss them, alone to make organising and switching captains around much more easy without having to go over a whole list of simply clutter. :Smile_sceptic:

€2:

18 minutes ago, Tuccy said:

Unfortunately no can do - ARP ships and content have certain limits based ont he partnership conditions. That is why the commanders have a very good job security and ships cannot be sold.

0fo2jmg.png

You were saying? :Smile_trollface:

3 people like this

Anyway, without camo these ARP ships are inferior from the start to their counterparts, without possibility to recover this handicap. Why ?

1 hour ago, PseudoMi said:

Anyway, without camo these ARP ships are inferior from the start to their counterparts, without possibility to recover this handicap. Why ?

Because they were free to obtain.

1 person likes this