You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
darkstar73

Kii is coming for you :D

148 comments in this topic

[LEGIO]
[LEGIO]
Players
633 posts
9,488 battles

A new jap Battleship is about to come. Looks really great :) Want that one NOW 

20746404_1426014780814880_6132600208919465602_o (1).jpg

20728724_1426014880814870_4257042555500928374_o.jpg

20645109_1426014787481546_2517288893178482067_o.jpg

20643103_1426014790814879_5573216712886901159_o.jpg

• Cool 3

[DREAD]
Players
9,728 posts
6,864 battles

Indeed a beautiful ship and apart from the "German" bow her fantasy refits looks ok. Way better than Amagi for sure and a real option for buying - actually the first one in a while. I just hope she is not replacing Ashitaka :-(

[TIPC]
Players
307 posts
13,506 battles

Well this isnt looking like the "stock" Amagi something they promised,Torps,AA mounts...

(seems superior to Amagi...)

Game needs more BBs anyway:Smile_teethhappy:

Players
36 posts
639 battles

Pretty sure those 40mm guns are Bofors - they look just like Zao's. Coupled with the 100mm guns, this ship should have pretty impressive AA for a japanese BB. Looking forward to more.

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,658 posts
10,193 battles
Just now, LegioDamnatus said:

Pretty sure those 40mm guns are Bofors - they look just like Zao's. Coupled with the 100mm guns, this ship should have pretty impressive AA for a japanese BB. Looking forward to more.

Yes it has Bofors.

Beta Tester
2,795 posts
7,088 battles

Kii!!......  must resist..... must..... ahh screw it.... gimme nao!

XD

I do hope the reload gets lowered down to 30 seconds. :Smile_Default:

[LEGIO]
[LEGIO]
Players
633 posts
9,488 battles
9 minutes ago, ImperialAdmiral said:

I like the design.

Indeed. IMO the best looking ship in game. Or at least one of them :Smile_great:

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,869 posts
9,434 battles
2 hours ago, Randschwimmer said:

I would rather have Sigma 2.0 than 6 km Torps. :Smile_sceptic:

Amagi doesn't even have 2.0 sigma.

I wonder if the better armor, boss AA and torpedoes will be enough compensation for horrible turret rotation, 5 sec longer reload, bad range and 0.1 worse sigma.

If it had the same or better turret rotation you could be excused for thinking it's more of a brawler, but not with that horrible turret rotation.

Personally I think it's too much nerf for those extra features, most of which are very situational. Cutting the range and sigma would have been enough in my opinion.

• Cool 3

Players
2,199 posts
14,266 battles
2 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

Amagi doesn't even have 2.0 sigma.

I wonder if the better armor, boss AA and torpedoes will be enough compensation for horrible turret rotation, 5 sec longer reload, bad range and 0.1 worse sigma.

If it had the same or better turret rotation you could be excused for thinking it's more of a brawler, but not with that horrible turret rotation.

Personally I think it's too much nerf for those extra features, most of which are very situational. Cutting the range and sigma would have been enough in my opinion.

Also Amagi has turtleback....what about this one?

[JUNK]
[JUNK]
Beta Tester
1,933 posts
8,398 battles
1 minute ago, 15JG52Adler said:

From what I've heard, it has the same sloped citadel as Amagi. 

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,869 posts
9,434 battles
7 minutes ago, 15JG52Adler said:

Both have the same armor design, just different plate thickness.

Kii has worse citadel "turtleback" thickness but instead heavier main belt. And since the Amagi/Kii "turtleback" barely classifies as that due to almost no sloping I think that the heavier belt will be more useful to reduce regular penetration damage. The same is true for the deck which is heavier on the Kii but instead sporting a weaker citadel roof.

Amagi does have a much larger bulge which covers the main belt as well for extra 25mm of armor.

Both ships have submerged citadels but the Kii's citadel is even slightly lower aft of the A and B turret.

Worth noting is also that the Kii has much worse gun and gun mount armor, which could prove problematic.

tl;dr - Both ships are probably f***ed if a BB shell hits the citadel, but the Kii has a slightly more difficult to reach citadel and a bit better outer armor to mitigate some regular pens.

[L4GG]
Players
3,173 posts
10,741 battles

for me? nah, must be wrong number. ahahahahah

let's wait and see, let the new ship smell dissipates to see how it fairs  

[JUNK]
[JUNK]
Beta Tester
1,933 posts
8,398 battles
3 minutes ago, Nechrom said:

dr - Both ships are probably f***ed if a BB shell hits the citadel, but the Kii has a slightly more difficult to reach citadel and a bit better outer armor to mitigate some regular pens.

Do not underestimate Amagi's sloped citadel. Most BBs and all Cruisers has a hard time citadelling it when closer than 12km

[SPUDS]
Beta Tester
4,052 posts
8,760 battles

Amagi's turtleback is surprisingly tough. Kii will have nothing like Amagi's close range protection, that's for sure.

Having looked over her entire armour scheme I would rather have Amagi's weaker belt. Kii's main advantage lies in her being considerably shorter than Amagi, and hence has more situations where shells will simply miss her. But that's still pretty weak.

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,869 posts
9,434 battles
2 minutes ago, Affeks said:

Do not underestimate Amagi's sloped citadel. Most BBs and all Cruisers has a hard time citadelling it when closer than 12km

I doubt that has much to do with the "sloped" citadel. It's rather because the citadel is submerged so hitting it with flat close range arcs is very difficult.

Let's break it down:

• 25mm bulge
  • 254mm belt
  • 95mm citadel @ 30° (110mm)

For a total of 389mm effective armor without angling.

For reference:

• Colorado - 453mm
  • Nagato - 439mm
  • Scharnhorst - 608mm :Smile_trollface:

Modder, Supertester
1,286 posts
11,420 battles
34 minutes ago, Unintentional_submarine said:

Amagi's turtleback is surprisingly tough. Kii will have nothing like Amagi's close range protection, that's for sure.

Having looked over her entire armour scheme I would rather have Amagi's weaker belt. Kii's main advantage lies in her being considerably shorter than Amagi, and hence has more situations where shells will simply miss her. But that's still pretty weak.

Just some small maths around the AA power of this ship.

I think we see the following things:

8x2 100mm AA guns (known from Akizuki, and I'm 100% sure about this one)

6x2 40mm Bofors "Chi" (known from Ibuki)

8x3 25mm (known from ships like Myoukou)

And some AA guns which i simply can't really identify, but allone those 3 things above let me think that this is gonna be an AA beast.

Basic Gun stats

20,8 DPS @ 5.01km

11 DPS @ 3.51km

6,1 DPS @ 3.09km

When we start multiplying these stats with the amount of whut we can already see we get the following values:

166,4 DPS @ 5.01km

176 DPS @ 3.51km

103.7 DPS @ 3.09km

when we use a max AA setup we get the folliwng things:

199,96 DPS @ 7,2144km (399,92 DPS with ManAA Prio Target or 519,896DPS [not sure if the 30% gets also added or not])

211,2 DPS @ 5,0544km (274,56 DPS with Prio Target)

124,44 DPS @ 4,4496km (161,772 DPS with Prio Target)

which means:

535,6 without prio target

836,252 with prio target or 956,228 (as i said, not sure about it)

[THESO]
Moderator, Players
1,239 posts
8,642 battles
4 hours ago, 1MajorKoenig said:

Indeed a beautiful ship and apart from the "German" bow her fantasy refits looks ok. Way better than Amagi for sure and a real option for buying - actually the first one in a while. I just hope she is not replacing Ashitaka :-(

Agreed. Kii should have made it into the game a long time ago in my opinion and I've been looking forward to it for a long time, but it should not replace Ashitaka either. I'm a fan of japanese ship-building so I'm happy to finally see at least 1 premium T8 BB for the japanese.

Modder
1,691 posts
3,667 battles

the torpedo launchers placement doesnt look very realistic. i think this would work only on WoWs calm waters

[UNICS]
Beta Tester
4,869 posts
9,434 battles
6 minutes ago, puxflacet said:

the torpedo launchers placement doesnt look very realistic. i think this would work only on WoWs calm waters

It's the Zao torpedo placement. Though I agree that with the Kii sitting lower in the water it does look a bit strange.