Sign in to follow this  
MoveZig

FP or HA + JoAT?

8 comments in this topic

Supertester
2,842 posts
4,770 battles

I haven't tested too extensively, but I used FP on Warspite and while it was quite nice I eventually swapped to a concealment build on her and didn't miss it. I use HA+JoaT on Amagi and I think the combo works great and is more versatile than FP, which doesn't help against flooding and module damage and IMO is too expensive a skill for what it does. Colorado is decently accurate at medium range and is a small ship with a small superstructure, so I don't think it benefits that much from getting the centre fires zones combined. Having said that, US BBs work pretty well with concealment builds too.

• Cool 1

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

FP if you can spare it after CE and AFT maybe if you're a USN BB player and want that sweet 7km+ AA umbrella.

I never liked FP until I played BB in the last season of Ranked. Your ability to tank damage really goes up after you cut the two central fire positions to one. With FP it is rare you'll be ignited more than once and you still have DCP plus heal for when you need to stamp out the fires. 

HA and JoAT both are cool down consumables. FP works all the time...

• Cool 1

[BONI]
Players
1,257 posts
12,064 battles
25 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

FP if you can spare it after CE and AFT maybe if you're a USN BB player and want that sweet 7km+ AA umbrella.

For Colo I was thinking of this build:

T1: PM

T2: EM

T3: SI, BFT, BoS, Vig

T4: FP

I don't put too much stock into CE on BBs. Too situational, easily beaten by a plane or DD. And I'd rather take BFT over AFT. I dunno, I think it's important to be able to reach out to torp bombers lining up a drop, but that may be achievable with the AA mod. OTOH it would be nice to be able to mount the secondary mod instead. Sadly, I can't squeeze AFT into this build with the other stuff I'd like.

[SLAPP]
Players
1,382 posts
8,690 battles

think FP is the best for a colorado. think Ce and aft are better for the next tiers tho

if u do not want to use dubloons to swap skills later on i would suggest CE and AFT.

• Cool 1

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Colorado doesn't benefit from CE that much although CE on any BB can give you more freedom. If you're moving the Colo captain to the NC then you simply need to take CE. You will be glad when you have a stealth rating of under 12km as the Yam will shoot one of your allies instead! Good concealment helps a lot towards surviving being up tiered in T8 vs T10...

• Cool 1

Weekend Tester
805 posts
4,465 battles

CE is about margins, not absolutes. There's no ability that it allows which wasn't available before, it simply gives you more time and space in which you're not spotted and all the advantages that brings. In that sense there's not many ships I wouldn't recommend it on.

Relating to the question, I would recommend going with FP. Pretty much everyone aims for the centre of the ship when they fire HE at it, even if the centre is already on fire. FP often ensures what would have been a double fire remains only a single, allowing for much easier DC management and largely negating the need to get it back quicker.

• Cool 1

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
13 hours ago, rvfharrier said:

CE is about margins, not absolutes. There's no ability that it allows which wasn't available before, it simply gives you more time and space in which you're not spotted and all the advantages that brings. In that sense there's not many ships I wouldn't recommend it on.

Relating to the question, I would recommend going with FP. Pretty much everyone aims for the centre of the ship when they fire HE at it, even if the centre is already on fire. FP often ensures what would have been a double fire remains only a single, allowing for much easier DC management and largely negating the need to get it back quicker.

Only for a Ranked BB where you are the tank or for a RU Cruiser where you spam from extreme range is CE not really needed yeah. Everyone else could use it.

A single fire point in the centre from taking FP is so powerful. It's actually quite hard to HE "walk" a ship and light them in multiple places so most folk will aim for the centre of maas and be glad for any hits at all.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this