Jump to content
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
SovietFury43

Welcome back to World of Battleships

16 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Tester
665 posts
7,033 battles

 

Hello again people!

 

After a few months break i decided to resume playing World of Battleships! Boy do i already regret it. 

The first thing i am greeted with is the removal of stealth fire with nothing to compensate for certain ships that relied on it (Akizuki), and no commander skill reset to compensate for the skills that are now useless on certain ships. Next i come under fire from secondary's by two German BBs at 11km, YAY! German BBs are still the special needs class of World of Battleships! 

 

Next match i take the Belfast only to realize to my sheer horror that the smoke on the British cruisers is STILL bugged! What in the actual [edited]Wargaming?! Are you [edited]kidding me right now?! But ok, i manage to survive that somehow without losing to much health. Only problem is after that i get citadeled by a Colorado twice while angled right after that losing 90% hp.

 

So i take out my Fletcher only to be greeted by yet another nasty surprise! Every time i even dare fire my guns my ship lights up like a god damn Christmas tree for the whole enemy team to see and shoot! Forget any kind of stealth play at this point, the moment you dare attack anyone the whole enemy team knows where you are! 

 

The BB population explosion has gotten even worse from what i can tell because literally every match has at least 6 BBs on each team (and over half of those are German BBs)! Carriers are still barely played at all. DDs now can't rely on stealth any more, i suppose Wargaming thinks DDs are supposed to slug it out directly with German BBs or [edited]around with torpedoes for half an our that the German BB is going to detect with his hydrophones and dodge with his cruiser level turning any way. And BBs STILL readily citadel cruisers while they are angled and dodging.

 

At this point they can literally rename the game into World of German Battleships. There is no point in playing anything else any more.
To hell with this game, i am going back to War Thunder. 

Wargaming you fucked it up! AGAIN!
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[R_I_D]
[R_I_D]
Players
497 posts
4,263 battles

RN Smoke is not bugged fyi. You get one last puff before it stops so you were using it wrong.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
665 posts
7,033 battles
1 minute ago, HotshotJimmy said:

RN Smoke is not bugged fyi. You get one last puff before it stops so you were using it wrong.

 

I see people are still denying the bug exists, no wonder it still exists then.

 

No i was not "using it wrong", i did not outrun my smoke, the second puff spawned inside the first one which is A BUG! I could see it spawning inside the first one!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[HABIT]
Beta Tester
1,568 posts

And you couldn't use one of the other ... like ... bazillion threads about this because ... ?

 

Next time close the door more quietly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[R_I_D]
[R_I_D]
Players
497 posts
4,263 battles
3 minutes ago, SovietFury43 said:

 

I see people are still denying the bug exists, no wonder it still exists then.

 

No i was not "using it wrong", i did not outrun my smoke, the second puff spawned inside the first one which is A BUG! I could see it spawning inside the first one!

 

Well I play nothing but RN and you are wrong it works fine now, it is not bugged "anymore" , It was though because I was also one of the ones complaining about it but it has been fixed. Anyway why did you reply? I assumed you were buggering off again...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CAIN]
Players
4,488 posts
18,951 battles
20 minutes ago, HotshotJimmy said:

RN Smoke is not bugged fyi. You get one last puff before it stops so you were using it wrong.

 

 

Pretty much this.

 

21 minutes ago, SovietFury43 said:

 

Hello again people!

 

After a few months break i decided to resume playing World of Battleships! Boy do i already regret it. 

The first thing i am greeted with is the removal of stealth fire with nothing to compensate for certain ships that relied on it (Akizuki), and no commander skill reset to compensate for the skills that are now useless on certain ships. Next i come under fire from secondary's by two German BBs at 11km, YAY! German BBs are still the special needs class of World of Battleships! 

 

Next match i take the Belfast only to realize to my sheer horror that the smoke on the British cruisers is STILL bugged! What in the actual [edited]Wargaming?! Are you [edited]kidding me right now?! But ok, i manage to survive that somehow without losing to much health. Only problem is after that i get citadeled by a Colorado twice while angled right after that losing 90% hp.

 

So i take out my Fletcher only to be greeted by yet another nasty surprise! Every time i even dare fire my guns my ship lights up like a god damn Christmas tree for the whole enemy team to see and shoot! Forget any kind of stealth play at this point, the moment you dare attack anyone the whole enemy team knows where you are! 

 

The BB population explosion has gotten even worse from what i can tell because literally every match has at least 6 BBs on each team (and over half of those are German BBs)! Carriers are still barely played at all. DDs now can't rely on stealth any more, i suppose Wargaming thinks DDs are supposed to slug it out directly with German BBs or [edited]around with torpedoes for half an our that the German BB is going to detect with his hydrophones and dodge with his cruiser level turning any way. And BBs STILL readily citadel cruisers while they are angled and dodging.

 

At this point they can literally rename the game into World of German Battleships. There is no point in playing anything else any more.
To hell with this game, i am going back to War Thunder. 

Wargaming you fucked it up! AGAIN!
 

 

So, just so i'm sure i understood you correctly: you are crying that German secondaries can hit you at 11km and you are indirectly implying that these are OP.

Then you are crying about the stealth fire nerf - cause firing with impunity from ranges of 11-12 km without being seen or being able to shoot back is clearly not OP at all (sarcasm) - and the fact that the totally not OP (sarcasm x2) Belfast still has the same smoke it has when it was released - a smoke which you are using incorrectly no less. 

 

And there is some critique that BBs can citadel cruisers...which is kinda the point of BBs, now is it?

BBs have armor and big guns that can hurt you, CLs/ CAs have the RoF, the fire starting capabilities and there are islands which can be used for cover.

 

Anyways, have fun playing War Thunder!

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,774 posts
17,292 battles
18 minutes ago, HotshotJimmy said:

RN Smoke is not bugged fyi. You get one last puff before it stops so you were using it wrong.

 

There's still a few bugs. It occasionally spazzes out under a full turn etc. But it's more than good enough, I have no complaints.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
665 posts
7,033 battles
16 minutes ago, Jethro_Grey said:

 

 

Pretty much this.

 

 

So, just so i'm sure i understood you correctly: you are crying that German secondaries can hit you at 11km and you are indirectly implying that these are OP.

Then you are crying about the stealth fire nerf - cause firing with impunity from ranges of 11-12 km without being seen or being able to shoot back is clearly not OP at all - and the fact that the totally not OP (sarcasm!) Belfast still has the same smoke it has when it was released. 

 

And there is some critique that BBs can citadel cruisers...which is kinda the point of BBs, now is it?

BBs have armor and big guns that can hurt you, CLs/ CAs have the RoF, the fire starting capabilities and there are islands which can be used for cover.

 

Anyways, have fun playing War Thunder!

 

Are you going to tell me that they are not? The German BBs have the same secondary range at tier 7 as the YAMATO does at tier 10! ON top of that they are also fast, turn like cruisers, have very good AA, have higher rate of fire for their main guns and have armor that makes them stupidly hard to citadel even for other BBs and some of them even have hydrophones! Do you think the German BBs are by far the most played ships in the game because they are balanced?! Get real.

 

And DDs stealth firing was nowhere near as OP. To start with most players could not pull it off. Also planes could spot a stealth firing DD easily, to bad carriers were also ruined to make the game easier for BBs and are hardly played any more. And if that is still not enough a DD stealth firing at a BB with 5 inch guns really was not much of a threat unless the BB player is stupid (which coincidently most of them are), unless the DD sets multiple fires it takes literally half an hour to bring a BB down to half hp with 5 inch guns.

 

Also "And there is some critique that BBs can citadel cruisers...which is kinda the point of BBs, now is it?" i love how you phrased that to make it look like the complaints are about citadels in general. How very dishonest of you. No, the complaints are not because of citadels in general, the complaints are about [edited] angled citadels that you have no defense against. If i am good enough to dodge most of his shots and angle when i do take some i DO NOT deserve to be punished by having 80% of my hp removed! Period!

 

The BBs ARE NOT and CAN NOT be the be all, end all ships in the game! Otherwise you may as well remove everything else and have only Battleships.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CATS]
Players
26,807 posts
14,383 battles
34 minutes ago, SovietFury43 said:

 

I see people are still denying the bug exists, no wonder it still exists then.

 

No i was not "using it wrong", i did not outrun my smoke, the second puff spawned inside the first one which is A BUG! I could see it spawning inside the first one!

It works for me 100% of the time.

You must be doing something wrong.

 

And do not blame WG for missing the 99% discounts on skill resets. If you do not play, you miss the goodies.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
160 posts
9,857 battles

Game seems to be moving in the right direction for the last few patches if you ask me.

 

Lots of drama, but half of what you say is either incorrect (rn smoke IS fixed, there's no 6+ BB's in every game. Usually 5, sometimes less, rarely more (but yes it happens)) or pepkac issue (you can't manage a good game in either Belfast or Fletcher. Tier for tier 2 of the strongest ships in the game).

 

Sure, they have a lot of work left to do. BB's still ARE the dominating class and there's too many of them in matchmaking. CV's are too uncommon still even though it's improving, etc...

But it's better then a few months ago...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Tester
665 posts
7,033 battles
7 minutes ago, Isalani said:

Game seems to be moving in the right direction for the last few patches if you ask me.

 

Lots of drama, but half of what you say is either incorrect (rn smoke IS fixed, there's no 6+ BB's in every game. Usually 5, sometimes less, rarely more (but yes it happens)) or pepkac issue (you can't manage a good game in either Belfast or Fletcher. Tier for tier 2 of the strongest ships in the game).

 

Sure, they have a lot of work left to do. BB's still ARE the dominating class and there's too many of them in matchmaking. CV's are too uncommon still even though it's improving, etc...

But it's better then a few months ago...

The game seems to be moving in the right direction? By nerfing everything except BBs again? Isn't that what ruined it in the first place? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[CAIN]
Players
4,488 posts
18,951 battles
6 minutes ago, SovietFury43 said:

The game seems to be moving in the right direction? By nerfing everything except BBs again? Isn't that what ruined it in the first place? 

 

Ugh no, what ruined the game during and right after open Beta was the torpedo soup, which is why WG nerfed the DDs in the first place.

And while an overpopulation of any class is bad for the game in the long run, a BB overpopulation is just slightly better then a DD population.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
160 posts
9,857 battles
2 minutes ago, SovietFury43 said:

The game seems to be moving in the right direction? By nerfing everything except BBs again? Isn't that what ruined it in the first place? 

 

You've obviously been away for a while :p

 

Some cruisers have had their armor buffed (deck on DM makes a real diffirence, Hindy also got slightly tankier).

German cruisers now get the same 1/4 penetration values on HE as the german BB's. It's a small diffirence and not what I'd like to see (better pen on german cruiser ap) but it does help.

End-game IJN torps have gotten slight buffs to their detection values.

AP bombs seem promising to counter BB's a bit more. And (you'll love this) are especially strong against german BB's.

WG is thinking on other ideas to counter BB's, deep water torps being the newest.

 

Like I said, there's a long way still to go, but it is slowly improving imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,078 posts
11,122 battles
1 minute ago, Jethro_Grey said:

 

Ugh no, what ruined the game during and right after open Beta was the torpedo soup, which is why WG nerfed the DDs in the first place.

And while an overpopulation of any class is bad for the game in the long run, a BB overpopulation is just slightly better then a DD population.


So, Shima and Minekaze are OP, so all DDs get the axe nerf is fair?

And sorry but no, a DD overpopulation is almost a non-factor as DDs counter themselves.

In fact, there are DDs specifically made to counter other DDs

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Players
2,199 posts
14,266 battles
9 minutes ago, SovietFury43 said:

The game seems to be moving in the right direction? By nerfing everything except BBs again? Isn't that what ruined it in the first place? 

This is only part where I agree with you. Yes game is going wrong direction making BBs ships that can do all. Kill planes, spot dds and kill them, oneshoting cruisers, healthemselves and so on.....It killes templay and other classes. What is use for cruiser if you have 33 knot bb with imba AAA and 40 sec radar?

 

To other points:

- cruisers should not be able to angle against BBs mainguns especially light cruisers like RN one....so gameplay here is ok

- stealthfire was good but not quite needed, especially USA DD did not needed them because on 12-13 km range - rainbow arc....and so one

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
[OGHF]
Players
1,137 posts
20,331 battles
1 hour ago, Jethro_Grey said:

 

 

Pretty much this.

 

 

So, just so i'm sure i understood you correctly: you are crying that German secondaries can hit you at 11km and you are indirectly implying that these are OP.

Then you are crying about the stealth fire nerf - cause firing with impunity from ranges of 11-12 km without being seen or being able to shoot back is clearly not OP at all (sarcasm) - and the fact that the totally not OP (sarcasm x2) Belfast still has the same smoke it has when it was released - a smoke which you are using incorrectly no less. 

 

And there is some critique that BBs can citadel cruisers...which is kinda the point of BBs, now is it?

BBs have armor and big guns that can hurt you, CLs/ CAs have the RoF, the fire starting capabilities and there are islands which can be used for cover.

 

Anyways, have fun playing War Thunder!

 

What he said ^^^^^^^

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×