Kandly

New ship Preview: Kii (Japan)

34 comments in this topic

Players
406 posts
619 battles

Captains, 

More news incoming - prepare for the fast battleship Kii!

An amalgam of the Amagi class battlecruiser and Tosa class battleships, the next design in line was to combine the high speed of the former with the protection of the latter - thus becoming the Japanese navy's first true fast battleship. How do you think she would play?

7a1cd258-7ce2-11e7-91b7-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

7faac504-7ce2-11e7-80c1-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

8152b4f2-7ce2-11e7-9fe2-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg 832e3aa8-7ce2-11e7-a73f-ac162d8bc1e4.jpg

Cheers,

Kandly :cap_tea:

• Cool 5

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,655 posts
10,193 battles

I think she would play very well.  Hnnnnnnnnggg.  Drooool.

WG found my weakness again; IJN BBs/BCs   :Smile_bajan2:

So is this confirmed to be premium? As I'd like to see Kii-class on alternative IJN BB branch as well. Thus it's a bit sad if WG uses the nameships as premiums.

• Cool 1

Modder
1,691 posts
3,667 battles

so this isnt the promised premium amagi's removed stock hull? so what is it? premium or regular? i would love to see amagi's old stock hull at tier 7 as well.

and wait...do i see torpedo launcher?

btw she loos nice indeed.

• Cool 1

[MIMI]
Beta Tester
768 posts
3,632 battles

A shame if it will be tier8. I don't really need more shiny ships that end up being fodder for the tier10-MM and hardly ever played by me. I would much rather have it a little weaker (closer to the historical configuration) and at tier7...

• Cool 1

[ST-EU]
Supertester, Players, Sailing Hamster
1,920 posts
3,875 battles
4 hours ago, Kruzenstern said:

A shame if it will be tier8. I don't really need more shiny ships that end up being fodder for the tier10-MM and hardly ever played by me. I would much rather have it a little weaker (closer to the historical configuration) and at tier7...

That is crazy, given Kii has been toted for tier 9 for a lot of the time. As designed is more tier 8 than 7 too, even minus AA. I fail to see how Amagi will compete against her really.

[WG]
[WG]
WG Staff, Community, Alpha Tester
3,480 posts
9,363 battles
9 hours ago, puxflacet said:

so this isnt the promised premium amagi's removed stock hull? so what is it? premium or regular? i would love to see amagi's old stock hull at tier 7 as well.

and wait...do i see torpedo launcher?

btw she loos nice indeed.

She's not Amagi stock hull. Kii class of fast battleships was supposed to be, basically, Amagi plan, but with Tosa-level armor, she was supposed to be the lead class of the "battleship 8" part of the new 8-8 plan (with four Kiis and four battleships assigned numbers 13 - 16). 

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
356 posts
2,656 battles

is this a Kii-mutant ?

couldn't find any Kii drawings that look like this release !

[SINT]
Players
897 posts
20,893 battles

At first this ship looks very promising but only tier VIII? Wow!

The Amagi is also tier VIII and is placed as a battlecruiser with high speed and lower armor (although well angled I find the armor ok-ish). Her original counterpart, the planed Tosa class was a more slower battleship with better armor. So in a short comparison between the Tosa and Amagi: both tier VIII, speed vs armor. Now we get the Kii, also at tier VIII which has the armor of the Tosa and the speed of the Amagi....And with torps as a bonus... Since its the "would be version 1944" aa would have been late war quality i really wonder what her compensating weakness is to qualify for a mere tier VIII and not IX.

This ship should have been the silver baseline ship instead of the Izumo at tier IX. With either the Tosa or the Amagi the baseline and premium tier VIII ship

• Cool 1

[T-N-T]
Weekend Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
5,623 posts
12,664 battles
9 hours ago, Masterrix said:

is this a Kii-mutant ?

couldn't find any Kii drawings that look like this release !

It is Kii with refit from 1944.

[D-P-B]
Beta Tester
108 posts
3,300 battles
16 minutes ago, Blitzkrieguk said:

Looks really promising. 10x 410's and 6x Torps. Could be a beast. 

Sigma leaks look not so promising... With 1.7 on this turret setup will be pretty much disaster (if 1.7 is true)

Beta Tester
438 posts
3,005 battles
31 minutes ago, Johnny_Phate said:

Sigma leaks look not so promising... With 1.7 on this turret setup will be pretty much disaster (if 1.7 is true)

Sigma means nothing without the rest of the dispersion stats. 

[D-P-B]
Beta Tester
108 posts
3,300 battles
4 minutes ago, Blitzkrieguk said:

True, max dispersion elipse would have to be extremely small to counteract bad sigma though...

[SERBS]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,401 posts
8,235 battles

Amagi with torpedoes :Smile_trollface: I'm for it!

• Cool 1

[DREAD]
Players
9,693 posts
6,862 battles
13 hours ago, Tuccy said:

She's not Amagi stock hull. Kii class of fast battleships was supposed to be, basically, Amagi plan, but with Tosa-level armor, she was supposed to be the lead class of the "battleship 8" part of the new 8-8 plan (with four Kiis and four battleships assigned numbers 13 - 16). 

While you know that I am not the biggest fan of all these fantasy creations I do like the looks of this ship!

Looking forward to welcome her in my harbour :-)

However with regards to the above - is this Amagi stock hull project moving forward as well? That ship looks truly awesome!

[WGP2W]
Players
750 posts
16,030 battles

Straight up, Amagi seems to be a better ship than the Izumo - both nimbler and more guns - and Kii is an upgraded Amagi.

Shouldn't this be the T9 IJN counterpart of Missiouri?

On 10.8.2017 at 11:26 AM, Blitzkrieguk said:

Any reason to suspect it won't have the standard IJN battleship dispersion characteristics?

• Cool 1

Modder
1,691 posts
3,667 battles

i have small nitpick regarding the model: i know that zao has similar placement of the torpedo launchers but in fact im not convinced that it would be very effective irl...however kii has them even lower than zao so in major number of cases this section would be constantly under water on real sea. there is also so lot of stuff in that box which would be washed away- even reserve torps are there! i dobut that anyone would be able to rearm those tubes on the sea unless that section would have some closing doors...also can you imagine what would waves do to these launchers when they would stick out to fire the torps?

TInFMnh.jpg

so wouldnt this be more realistic placement for the launcher?

iyLFLiR.jpg

• Cool 3

[S-V-G]
Beta Tester, Players
66 posts
14,149 battles

a 100% buy. INSTEAD of the crippled Graf Zeppelin you are going to offer us - and just in case anyone still hasn't noticed, there's a massive shitstorm going on about GZ switching from 2-3-0 to 2-0-whatever.

I will buy the Kiii for sure. I won't buy the Graf Zeppelin at all if the ONLY german carrier doesn't get torpedo bombers at all. At least give it a separate loadout to choose from.

Yeah, kinda offtopic I know, but in hope Tuccy reads this...

[RONIN]
Players
43 posts

Dragnir666 agree with you. German aircraft carrier without three torpedo  bombs do not buy it. This would be a useless aircraft carrier.

Beta Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
666 posts
5,396 battles
On 8/9/2017 at 1:45 PM, WolfGewehr said:

I think she would play very well.  Hnnnnnnnnggg.  Drooool.

WG found my weakness again; IJN BBs/BCs   :Smile_bajan2:

So is this confirmed to be premium? As I'd like to see Kii-class on alternative IJN BB branch as well. Thus it's a bit sad if WG uses the nameships as premiums.

I do agree with WolfGewehr here @Kandly, has WG given up on the 2 lines idea for nations? It's working rather well with the IJN DD line, giving players a choice between playstyles within the same nation.