You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Reisen__

just when we though things where getting better

54 comments in this topic

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles

Isn't that the Hull A Amagi they promised?

It should be T7, or atleast I thought it should have been...

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,081 posts
11,129 battles

It looks great !

However, the little asterisk "values as of WWII" appear to be camouflaging twin bofors and 100mm DPAA mounts...

Players
375 posts
811 battles
Just now, Exocet6951 said:

Are those.... 100mm DPAA and twin bofors mounts on the turrets?

yes, yes they are

[THESO]
Community Contributor
152 posts
18,592 battles

This is going to be a beast. It's supposed to be the Japanese equivalent of Tirpitz. Unlike Amagi, it's a TRUE BATTLESHIP which can challenge its way into melee combat and can finish the job wit the torpedoes if necessary.

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,081 posts
11,129 battles
44 minutes ago, Zero_Strikez said:

yes, yes they are

It really does, doesn't it?

And with that in mind, it would be 165 DPS at 5km and 66 DPS at 3.5km with the bofors.
It's hard to see what the other AA mounts are on it, but as long as there's no triple 25mm mounts everywhere, it almost looks reasonable....

At least if the person isn't using MAA.

EDIT: Turns out there's much more bofors mounts than what's visible on the picture.
Unupgraded, 446 DPS at 3.1km.

Nice balans comrade ))))))

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles

don't forget the Akizuki turrets... manual AAA will be wonderful!

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,657 posts
10,193 battles
16 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Isn't that the Hull A Amagi they promised?

It should be T7, or atleast I thought it should have been...

Kii is a different thing, combination of Amagi and Tosa. She would have been the first true fast battleship of IJN.

[-MM]
[-MM]
Players
569 posts
12,047 battles

That's one sexy beast. It allegedly has torpedoes too.

I would like her in my collection.

Players
8,241 posts
11,737 battles
1 minute ago, WolfGewehr said:

Kii is a different thing, combination of Amagi and Tosa. She would have been the first true fast battleship of IJN.

Hmmm yeah I just saw that as it looks like a WW2 configuration.

Just in time for the OP Yamamoto captain, I see what WG have done there. 

Unfortunately I own A LOT of BB already, the last BB I blew money on was the Alabama which I've played under 25 games with. Kii at T8 is going to cost a similar amount (£40+). 

Will probably give it a miss as I consider T8 Prem ships to be a bit too expensive...

• Cool 1

[UTW]
Beta Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,894 posts
3,423 battles

For the first time in a really, really long time, I'm actually really interested in a Prem ship... I think I will consider buying it this time...

[-MM]
[-MM]
Players
569 posts
12,047 battles
14 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Unfortunately I own A LOT of BB already, the last BB I blew money on was the Alabama which I've played under 25 games with. Kii at T8 is going to cost a similar amount (£40+). 

So far I never bought a T8 premium (My Tirpitz was gifted to me). But this one I would really consider, especially If she is a brawler. Would be nice to have a BB with some secondary power that is not German.

• Cool 1

Players
2,199 posts
14,266 battles
2 minutes ago, ZoidFile said:

So far I never bought a T8 premium (My Tirpitz was gifted to me). But this one I would really consider, especially If she is a brawler. Would nice to have a BB with some secondary power that is not German.

It has bad secondries it seams

Beta Tester
1,649 posts
8,138 battles
15 minutes ago, Negativvv said:

Hmmm yeah I just saw that as it looks like a WW2 configuration.

Just in time for the OP Yamamoto captain, I see what WG have done there. 

Will probably give it a miss as I consider T8 Prem ships to be a bit too expensive...

Hey it could be worse. As it seems CV is even more expensive comparing the prices on Tirpitz and Big E.

[B0TS]
Beta Tester
1,798 posts
6,659 battles

Well the IJN does need a T8 premium BB, and this looks to fit the bill very nicely.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles
58 minutes ago, Exocet6951 said:

It looks great !

However, the little asterisk "values as of WWII" appear to be camouflaging twin bofors and 100mm DPAA mounts...

Yep, those are the Type 98 100mm/65 DP guns.

What I find odd is the name. KII as in K2 is wrong. It was designated as the Kii-class. And the plans for those ships afaik never featured the Type 98 DP guns (naturally, since the designs were from 1920 and the mentioned armament in the datasheet is what they were planned with) which were designed much later in 1938.

So unless WG found late-stage designs that actually featured the depicted armament on those renders, I would say this is simply another escalation of the BB AA powercreep.

"BB overpopulation is an issue we're aware of." they say.

"We're doing everything we can to deal with this." they say.

Let me tell you something WG. Appearances are an important part of your credibility. Even if you were to actually do something in the background to end the BB meta, testing stuff and whatnot ... as long as the only thing we the community actually see is placative words and more and more BB content ... you sound like liers. Like ruthless liers who only talk empty platitudes to keep those who are concerned with the current direction of the game on the ropes in the hopes of squeezing a couple more bucks out of them before they inevitably jump ship when they don't see anything backing up those assurances.

Customers don't tend to do business for long with what they suspect are just lying opportunists. So if you, WG, are really interested in solving this mess, it's about time you show some results and failing that, postponing the addition of even more BB stuff might at the very least take a bit of the edge off by way of at least not generating even more mistrust.

Think on that. Think on that long and hard!

9 minutes ago, philjd said:

Well the IJN does need a T8 premium BB, and this looks to fit the bill very nicely.

The IJN really doesn't. They have the Mutsu and for captain retraining the Atago synergizes extremely well even with BB captains.

And the game itself is the last thing that needs even more BBs right now.

I can only hope *dismissive snort* that this is a long shot and just a concept for a future premium until such a time that the BB meta problem has been adressed and not to be included in the game any sooner. But eh, this is WG and World of Battleships ...

• Cool 1

[POMF]
Beta Tester
1,987 posts
4,242 battles
3 minutes ago, Aotearas said:

Yep, those are the Type 98 100mm/65 DP guns.

What I find odd is the name. KII as in K2 is wrong. It was designated as the Kii-class. And the plans for those ships afaik never featured the Type 98 DP guns (naturally, since the designs were from 1920 and the mentioned armament in the datasheet is what they were planned with) which were designed much later in 1938.

So unless WG found late-stage designs that actually featured the depicted armament on those renders, I would say this is simply another escalation of the BB AA powercreep.

The weird thing is that AA is one of it's strong suits which is A. unhistorical, B uncharacteristic of IJN BBs, but the guns are completely the opposite of the IJN BB line as well. 1.7 sigma 35 second reload.

I really don't get these desing decisions, especially in the IJN BB line of all places.

[SCRUB]
Weekend Tester, In AlfaTesters
2,657 posts
10,193 battles
6 minutes ago, Verdius said:

The weird thing is that AA is one of it's strong suits which is A. unhistorical, B uncharacteristic of IJN BBs, but the guns are completely the opposite of the IJN BB line as well. 1.7 sigma 35 second reload.

I really don't get these desing decisions, especially in the IJN BB line of all places.

This is kinda weird indeed. I'd rather trade the AA for scalpel-like accurate, hard hitting guns.

Alpha Tester
18,781 posts
6,105 battles

Are these values datamined from a ST client or from a 'presentation'? If the latter, I wouldn't put too much value on them. 

As for a 'brawling' IJN BB, wouldn't it be kind of 'stupid' to put out a premium which requires speccing a captain specifically for it, thus negating the entire captain training aspect of it? Ow wait, that's Belfast as well right :Smile_trollface:  Still would feel very weird to put in an IJN BB with such bad sigma..

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,081 posts
11,129 battles

The 1.7 sigma is so anyone can jump in, aim in the general direction of the enemy, and get a few hits once in a while despite having horrible aim.
High AA is so anyone can have reasonable protection from CVs without even requiring a good captain.

This here is a newb-friendly ship designed to rake in more customers (Asian market perhaps?) and give them easy ships to play with all while having plausible deniability about powercreep.
IE: "It's not powercreep, look, it has bad accuracy and bad torpedo defense!"

Someone even more cynical would point out that giving it bad turret rotation is tailoring the ship so the person who doesn't know much about the game thinks that it's made to stay at long range, and by extension making that person survive longer in battles.
And the longer someone survives, the more big numbers appear. 
Players like big numbers.
It makes them want to spend big money.

Seriously WG, look at what you turned me into.
2 years ago, I loved Lesta studios, now it has me scrutinising every new piece to content to see how much WG's marketing department has got its greedy paws on the poor game studio.

EDIT: TO make the point of my rant clearer, no this isn't a "the sky is falling, meta-breaking ship!!!" rant, it's a "yet another forgiving ship with fake/irrelevant weaknesses that will do nothing to help the ridiculous amount of BBs ingame, the way they're played and their survivability" rant.
It's the Hood all over again, only this one trades better guns for less HP.

• Cool 6

Players
285 posts
3,068 battles

Hm... looks interesting. If it has torpedos i will consider getting it. If not, don't probably. :)

For brawler like tirpitz, torps are fantastic. :)

But in general looks really nice and 5x2 turret is also great :)

Players
2,199 posts
14,266 battles

This is prototyp ship for wows average BBabye player. They wanna have "fun" what translate to live long to randomly press buttons without any reason. So that's why AAA.....an they wana have "fun" what translates to I don't give duck to dmg, winrate, efficiency .....

Ideal ship for BBabyes.