You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
Robustius

Remove detonations please

Detonation Mechanic has to go.  

220 members have voted

1. 1. Detonation Mechanic has to go.

• Yes
    • No

101 comments in this topic

[EXCEL]
[EXCEL]
Beta Tester
87 posts
19,499 battles

I have never been happy with this game mechanic but i feel that they happen more often then before.

But apart from that i think this fun and engaging game mechanic has to go.

In a game where u try to use some skill, teamplay and map awareness this instant game changer mechanic has no place.

The reason ofc is that it is the most rng thing there is and the only thing to counter it is, is a flag. If u run out of flags rng can decide the game is over for u and often for ur team. No matter how much skill u have. No other RNG aspect of this game has such a hard and definite effect.

1 example: at the start of the game the enemy full hp gearing gets detonated by a tirpitz at +/- 18 km range...... (the gearing was even dodging and steering due fighting another dd.) I am sure we all can remember other situations like this.

I see it happen most often on DD due gunfire, but it happens to other ships also but those mostly are torp detonations and not gun detonations. Torps can be dodged/prevented due other game mechanics.(still not fun ofc)

So since theres zero skill involved in this mechanic i think there is no place for it in a skill based game.

So what are ur opinions?

• Cool 4

Players
919 posts
11,130 battles
21 minutes ago, Robustius said:

The reason ofc is that it is the most rng thing there is and the only thing to counter it is, is a flag.

Technically, that is not true. You also have an upgrade for (if I remember correctly) -70% det. chance.

The last time I got detonated was in the Shiratsuyu, where I forgot to cough up the shekel for the magazine modification.

My (granted, arguable) issue with the detionations are simply that they are very, very plain. I could easily forgive them if they would at least be a good spectacle. Otherwise, my opinion would be that take it out from competitive (or "comptetitive") game modes, like Clan matches and Ranked, leave for the rest - but obviously the main problem with this is that this might mean the different need for fine-tuning of the ships for different gamemodes.. However, WoWs is not an e-sport and never really will be.

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
2,303 posts
14,384 battles

Wouldn't be easier to pick somthing from already available scriptures in the library?

Spoiler

• Cool 2

[-T-O-]
Alpha Tester, Players, In AlfaTesters
2,185 posts
6,367 battles

How about NO!

• Cool 1

[SCRUB]
Players
1,851 posts

Detonations is the only way some players can get devastating strikes. WG needs to have that so bad players can say " i did something". :Smile_facepalm:

• Cool 2

[CAIN]
Players
3,877 posts
15,639 battles

...but i like detonating other player ships  - as rare as it may be - plus the fact that said player is getting 10 free signals for doing nothing!

No, let the fun and engaging game mechanics stay but remove CVs instead. :Smile_hiding:

[SCRUB]
Players
1,851 posts
16 minutes ago, 15JG52Adler said:

I like it. So woted NO. It could and it did happened to reality. % is low. And you can get immunity to it. So it is fine

You like getting randomly headshotted when players hit your legs in FPS games aswell? That is pretty much what detonations are in this game. Yes it happend in real life but this is not a simulator game. Its just bad for gameplay. And you cannot be 100% immune to detonations every game. 

• Cool 3

[BOTZ]
Players
2,199 posts
14,206 battles
3 minutes ago, MortenTardo said:

You like getting randomly headshotted when players hit your legs in FPS games aswell? That is pretty much what detonations are in this game. Yes it happend in real life but this is not a simulator game. Its just bad for gameplay. And you cannot be 100% immune to detonations every game. 

Why something hapens less than 1-2% of times is so bad in game that it need to be removed? 

And yes I like this mechanic because one shell could kill whole ship but it has so low % that it can not ruin fun of games. 

I lost more matches to internet braking down than detonations. 

That's why I woted NO......but I can understand why somebody woted yes

• Cool 2

[BAZI]
Beta Tester
2,841 posts
10,642 battles

Purely anti-skill RNG-dependant mechanic devoid of any sense or reason (in an arcade-game) except for some retarded lul-moments. Not even pretty looking.

When I detonate someone I shake my head and feel sorry, when I get detonated I stop playing for the day. 404 fun not found.

@15JG52Adler Just because something occurs rarely means its inherently okay? Thats super bad reasoning.

• Cool 3

[CAIN]
Players
3,877 posts
15,639 battles
4 minutes ago, 15JG52Adler said:

Why something hapens less than 1-2% of times is so bad in game that it need to be removed? 

And yes I like this mechanic because one shell could kill whole ship but it has so low % that it can not ruin fun of games. 

More games have been ruined by bad players, stupid decisions by cowards players who should have known better than by detonations and nobody asks to have these morons removed ( except me).

#LeaveDetonationsInButRemove80%OfThePlayerbase

[BOTZ]
Players
2,199 posts
14,206 battles
5 minutes ago, allufewig said:

Purely anti-skill RNG-dependant mechanic devoid of any sense or reason (in an arcade-game) except for some retarded lul-moments. Not even pretty looking.

When I detonate someone I shake my head and feel sorry, when I get detonated I stop playing for the day. 404 fun not found.

@15JG52Adler Just because something occurs rarely means its inherently okay? Thats super bad reasoning.

It gives to game that "reall life" feeling when eaven best of the best can die from single shoot. 

If you stop the play for a day after bad luck in game you have more problems than detonation :)

[SCRUB]
Players
1,851 posts
5 minutes ago, 15JG52Adler said:

Its very bad if you are clutching the game and some guy that has made all the mistakes he can somehow gets lucky and kill you even though he did nothing to deserve the kill. Im 100% fine with getting outplayed by good players, im not fine with getting rng'd by bad plays. 

[BONI]
Players
1,256 posts
11,811 battles

Either remove them or make them a core game mechanic that triggers every time under specific conditions, and is indicated in the armor model. The current state of the mechanic makes it obtuse, unpredictable and aggravating when it happens. Or you can pay up for a signal that prevents it. Definitely one of the worst-implemented mechanics I've seen in a pvp game, seemingly random instadeaths. I think I'd be more okay with it if we had something like War Thunder, which shows you what happens when you hit a target. Then it would at least be better understood and thus more tolerable.

• Cool 3

[BLAST]
[BLAST]
Players
762 posts
12,365 battles

Detonations are so rare that I have no issue with it. Insta-deletions are something different though.

Players
375 posts
811 battles

and here we go ladies and gentleman
the Typical weekly Topic of "Remove Detonate" thread has arrived

Modder
1,691 posts
3,667 battles

i agree that current form of it is pretty lame but i think that det mechanic needs just some rework like:

- dice roll for detonation can occur only when magazine area is penetrated with ap or hit by torpedo or ap bomb (not engine compartment (and certainly anything else)) - this would even give new meaning to shooting under the turrets when brawling

- maybe it should occur only if ship has certain percentage of hp, like max 50%

- and certainly it needs proper animation, because without the spectacle it really doesnt have any meaning to be in the game

67bfc58c52d623cbb856361f00920e78.jpeg

but detonations belongs to warships as water and explosives so it should be in the game in some form

[L4GG]
Players
2,468 posts
9,305 battles

Voted, Yes.

Detonation it's  as bad as epicenter.

after one guy received a detonation hit, he receives a detonation flag.

If detonation was a useful feature , the blown up guy wouldn't receive the flag.

and it'a a very rare thing to be something else than annoying

[BOTZ]
Players
2,199 posts
14,206 battles
1 hour ago, Butterdoll said:

Voted, Yes.

Detonation it's  as bad as epicenter.

after one guy received a detonation hit, he receives a detonation flag.

If detonation was a useful feature , the blown up guy wouldn't receive the flag.

and it'a a very rare thing to be something else than annoying

Great rezoning. When you kill 5 guys you get flag. If killing 5 guys was useful feature you would not get flag. Epic :)

When you survive xy fire dmg you get flag. If surviving fire dmg was useful you would not get flag :)

• Cool 1

[OP-B]
[OP-B]
Beta Tester
449 posts
12,650 battles

Voted yes,

and I believe some ppl didn't get the sarcasm of " fun and engaging game mechanics" in the last threads or I should really quit work for today.

[SLAPP]
Players
1,353 posts
8,265 battles

i can count the times i detonated someone on 1 hand  out of 3500 battles. detonations need to INCREASE! :D

hehe nah.  i can understand why ppl hate this mechanic tho it is 0 % skill based.

me myself has no issues with it tho. like i said it does not happend a lot on my side and i never use deto flags. 

but then again i am someone who finds a furnace 5 seconds after dinging 70 in diablo 3 (for whoever plays it) :Smile_hiding: