Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 50 battles to post in this section.
RAHJAILARI

1 "Special" or Buffed skill for Elite Commanders

20 comments in this topic

[ONE2]
Players
3,084 posts
21,540 battles

Well, since we are now getting the awesome legendary commanders with 2 special skills and I hear a lot of moaning about them being OP (which I do not agree with BTW), why not introduce the possibility of each player being able to give / buy each of their own ELITE (19 points) commanders just 1 improved skill from the standard skill tree.

For example a +25%-50% extra buff to expert loader or Marksman skill or some such which could be selected by the player himself. Of course, skills such as priority target, air superiority, radio locator and incoming fire should be excluded from this, as there would be no particular benefit for buffing them (unless WG can think of one), but it would work just fine for the others. Personally I enjoy developing my commanders and it gives a nice persona touch to gameplay, so to further be able to enhance them in some way might keep it interesting.

Initially, this could be made hugely expensive (as it should be), like say 500.000 elite commander points (so this cannot be bought by doubloons, you'd have to earn it). It could be either re-skillable (at horrific cost, of course) or not, I have not thought about that too much. But this would be a nice personal touch, as many of us have at least one elite commander already and once you're there then what? Would be nice to have some project to develop them a bit more.

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Beta Tester, Players
10 posts
14,806 battles

I like the idea of rewarding gaming, pay to win like Wot have now doesn't inspiration to play anymore. 

More personal touch for in-game character as variable skills for commanders will increase excitement moments facing enemy, when have to ques more, what skill build opponent have set. 

Predictions difficulty is the challenge what keeps loyalty "heavy" players online.  

[ONE2]
Players
3,084 posts
21,540 battles

OR alternatively the chance to buff 1 elite commander skill could be introduced, as a special prize in a gaming event, campaign or a challenge? That should bring the players out of the woodwork for sure...

• Cool 1

Players
1,806 posts
5,868 battles

Then we'd just wait for the topics about 19 point legendary commanders being even more OP.

Or the topics about people with 19 point captains sealclubbing even more regular players with their potato captains.

Or the topics about people with 19 point captains that chose to buff concealment skill even further.

[SCRUB]
Players
8,460 posts
13,036 battles

How about no?

There's zero need to introduce a powercreep for captain skills aswell. This game already has enough of that unnecessary stuff.

[ONE2]
Players
3,084 posts
21,540 battles

Heey! Create away! The more topics - the merrier, I always say. Besides 1 skill slightly buffed is not really hugely OP and anyone who bothers grinding their guys up to that level (and yeah, it is a heel of a grind, takes for ever to get even 1) may even deserve a goodie.

This is why it should be priced high, try getting the 500k elite exp required for this using your only 19 point captain and see you again 1000 or 2000 games later, hehe! I did hear some rumors that our new Legendary Commanders are OP, so this could give the players some chance to counter them with their own commanders and feel a bit better about themselves.

I do not think anyone minds, if they themselves have an "OP commander" it is just darn pesky, when someone else gets to have one, so in a way we could say this would even up the playing field and enable anyone to possess one (or maybe even 2 if they really grind it up), problem solved and nothing further to complain about then is there?

Players
1,246 posts
9,399 battles

From a role-play POV I think this is cool. It'd be nice to have something unique about those guys I've spent so much time with.

But I'm a little concerned about any mechanic that gives further advantage to people who've played for a long time. 19-point commanders are already a powerful thing.

We'd be helping the players who don't need the help.

• Cool 3

Beta Tester
516 posts
4,160 battles

I agree that buffing 19pt commanders helps those players who don't need the help.

I'd much prefer if they gave a purely cosmetic reward, like being able to fly a second flag (like the Yamamoto collection reward), getting to rename your captain, or unlock alternative voices for them.

No need to go overboard with potentially game-breaking extra strenghts.

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
3,084 posts
21,540 battles

Hmm, jss78 actually has a depressingly good and valid point there, though I am loathe to admit it (i hate it when they are right) - It makes plenty of sense too. I still like the idea that players would be able to give their captains some customized talent though... Lessee now (thinking)...

How about, if all players would be given the opportunity to give their captains a special or one buffed skill, whenever the said commander reaches 10 points skill level. This so that at this point a player would probably already have some idea, what he/she would want if given a chance. This could cost, for example 1.000.000 credits a pop (so do I want that next hull upgrade or a buffed captain next Hmmm, difficult choice). This way the said customization would be available to all levels of players, once they have reached the coveted 10 skill points (mainly this is just to ensure them access to all skill levels).

[ONE2]
Players
3,084 posts
21,540 battles

Oh yeah, forgot this thread already... anyways to add to previous. When well selected a 10 point captain could then theoretically reach the coveted 19 point skill level a tad faster, so we could view this more, as an equalizer between the experienced and new players, could we not?

Just thinking, since there has been much talk about that recently... :cap_hmm:

Beta Tester
3,166 posts
3,608 battles

I really like customization option in my games, so kudos for the idea, OP. But I fear that the risk for power creep in the captain skills would be too great in this case. Essentially, I agree with jss78 in post 8 above.

Now, how about other customization options, that don't have an actual impact on the game mechanics? A friend of mine suggested that we should be able to build our own little custom-designed ports, and decorate them with those cute little collectibles we get when completing missions. I got a number of different army trucks from the Dunkirk Operation, and one or two German artillery pieces that would fit in rather nicely as well. This kind of feature would make it more worthwhile to get those collections, other than for the purpose just completing the individual mission. (I suggested that my friend should post his idea on the forum, but I doubt he ever did, so here it is.)

What do you think?

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
3,084 posts
21,540 battles

Seems fine to me... I had actually also wanted to propose that ALL ships would be provided for with some option of customizing them. For example 2 or 3 alternative final hull options. 1 a boosted AA hull (better AA, but less secondaries or torps than standard), 2nd a secondary build and so on... Kinda like Nurnberg has the option for either more torps or an AA build, but the same extended to all ships? That might be nice and I do not see it as impossible or OP either (since everyone would have that option).

So maybe if your Kamikaze lacks AA (which it does) you could buff it a bit by choosing hull B with 1 gun removed and replaced with an AA suite. For example. Or maybe Arkansas Beta could get some marginal AA mounts by giving up a few secondaries or some such possibility? :cap_haloween:

[SICK]
Weekend Tester
5,078 posts
11,116 battles

Atlanta + upgraded IFHE that has a 1.6 HE pen multiplier in order to damage 32mm plating...:cap_haloween:
Saipan with upgraded air supremacy to have 10 DBs per squadron...:cap_haloween:

[ONE2]
Players
3,084 posts
21,540 battles

I have created a monster haven't I? :cap_fainting:

But then again, positively thinking... Similar options would be available to ALL players and perhaps the buff could only be 10% instead of 50%. Of course, some of the more obvious ones would always be more popular than others. like a Buffed EM for any Japanese cruiser or BB for sure...:cap_tea:

• Cool 1

[ONE2]
Players
3,084 posts
21,540 battles

Just to clarify though... Cosmetic customization is OK and I like the idea of being able to develop your own port BUT personally I prefer some way of customizing which actually affects gameplay, like different hull options and such. But yeah, that is all purely from role-playing POV, of course as previously pointed out.:Smile_teethhappy:

[ONE2]
Players
3,084 posts
21,540 battles

Hehe! Would be awesome but I don't  think they have added that one to the standard skill tree yet. :Smile_amazed:

OR you could just play Mikasa, it is rumored to have sk. "preferential matchmaking", though somehow I keep ending up in tier 3 games with it every time... OR maybe that's what they meant all the while? A chance to get more potential damage (well, since the actual with the said ship tends to be rather disappointing quite often).

Players
1,130 posts
2,558 battles
On ‎8‎/‎14‎/‎2017 at 7:17 PM, Aotearas said:

How about no?

There's zero need to introduce a powercreep for captain skills aswell. This game already has enough of that unnecessary stuff.

However, the power has already crept for captains due to the special ones with their supercharged abilities. This would just be about bringing normal commanders up to this level to make the game more accessible rather than a player's potential power being limited based on what is in the premium store or what time-limited campaigns they have had access to.

Sign in to follow this